Little Big Shots Renewed Season 2 NBC

Little Big Shots Renewed for Season 2

Little Big Shots just got a really giant vote of confidence from NBC.The Steve Harvey-hosted children’s talent show, which premiered Sunday, has been renewed for a second season, the network announced Monday.

The showcase’s premiere drew 14.8 million total viewers and a 2.8 demo rating, more than doubling any other broadcast program. Versus its Tuesday sneak peek (which led out of The Voice), the show grew 14 percent in audience while off just a tenth in the demo.

NBC reports that LBS delivered the network’s most-watched regularly-scheduled Sunday night entertainment telecast (excluding post-Super Bowl shows) in more than a decade, since a March 2005 Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which drew 15.7 million).

“I’ve been amazed at how smart and talented these kids are,” said Harvey, who also serves as an executive producer, via statement. “They may be small in stature, but they’re giants in what they’re able to do.” EP Ellen DeGeneres echoed Harvey’s excitement, saying via statement, “It’s such a great family show, and when it’s over, you won’t have to explain what happens in the ‘fantasy suite.'”

1. nickspace says:

I haven’t caught Episode 2 yet, but I was smiling and laughing all the way through Episode 1. The kids would be funny, talented, and engaging on their own, but with Steve in the mix, it makes for a great hour of entertainment.

2. David4 says:

I also hear there are talks of spinoffs, Little Big Shots Chicago and Little Big Shots SUV. ;)

3. Mr. Tran K says:

There’s a reason why LBS is always fun and entertaining with little boys and girls involved. Whether he’s hosting his own talk show or doing Family Feud, Steve Harvey is one of the busiest men in entertainment.

4. Mak says:

Wow NBC can hardly contain their glee…I haven’t watched the show yet but i’m very impressed by the numbers.

• J.Norman says:

Yes, so far (through 2 episodes) it has had excellent numbers.

This concept of engaging kids is hardly new, although its been a while since it has been used.
      Going way back, Art Linkletter had a long, long run on daytime TV with “Kids Say the Darnest Things”
      Cosby tried to revive it in the 1990’s with very limited success.

Maybe its time has come again. Steve Harvey is certainly a popular and engaging personality who is able to easily cross racial lines.

Whether NBC has once again jumped the gun with a very quick renewal remains to be seen. The concept may get old again fast

We’ll see

5. Jake says:

Other than Steve Harvey (because he’s getting paid) and NBC (because this is cheap to produce) blue haired old ladies across America must be ecstatic at this news…..

6. I am totally AMAZED and Awestruck by these incredibly GIFTED young children! When I saw the preview, I knew the show was going to be a BIG HIT!! Pure CLEAN, FUNNY ENTERTAINMENT! I cannot remember the last time I’ve called friends and family to tell them to be sure to watch and RECORD a show. It came as no surprise to me to learn that the show had been picked up for another season. Congratulations! I
    cannot tell you how REFRESHING it is to be able to take a break from the violence and perversion so prevalent on television today.This show is EXCITING to watch! Thank you Steve and Ellen.

7. Gloristine Daniels says:

Little Big Shots has been so entertaining and fresh, holds your attention. I do hope we will get to see it return to the network.