March Badness Bracket Tournament

TVLine's March BADness Tourney Begins With Villains From Jessica Jones, Farscape, Star Trek and BSG

TV, TV, on the wall… who’s the baddest of them all?

That’s the question at the heart of TVLine’s March BADness Bracket Tournament, a brutal scrum among the most violent, scheming, bitchy, low-down dirty characters ever to grace the small screen.

Love to hate ’em or just plain love ’em, there’s no denying these 64 filthy mcnasties have left an indelible mark on the TV landscape. But treacherous as they are, they’re not about to share their glory.

That’s where you come in. From now through the end of the month, we’ll be putting up two posts per day asking you to winnow down the field to one ultimate villain. So do the dirty deed by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 48 hours), then hitting the comments to justify your picks.

Our first matchups include Kilgrave of Marvel’s Jessica Jones against Scorpius of Farscape, and Star Trek: Voyager‘s Borg Queen versus Battlestar Galactica‘s Number Six.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and keep coming back to TVLine over the next two weeks to see how March BADness plays out. Now ready, set, vote!

1. The Borg Queen. Number Six was ultimately not evil, but a representation of “God” (who most likely was, like Six and Virtual Baltar, a member of the reimagining’s version of the Beings of Light from the original series — Battlestar Galactica needs to return to solve all those plots!).

Scorpius, because like, really? Killgrave? Nah.

• Jeremy says:

If BSG wasn’t going to resolve that massive story arc in the finale, they’re definitely not going to come back now and do it. Even with the spin-off series (Caprica) and Mini-series, they never touched on whether or not it was actually “God” or something else. That ship has sailed.

• That ship of lights has sailed… I hope not. I hope someday we see a spin off, Battlestar Galactica: Atlantis, set years after the Colonials arrived on Earth. It could revolve around Adam gathering others to stop a faction of Colonials that settled Atlantis from creating new Cylons, with the story concluding with the sinking of Atlantis. The thing basically writes itself.

• tvjunkie says:

In other words skip the Galactica 1980 years. That was bad.

• The remake already adapted aspects of Galactica 1980 when it brought Starbuck as an “angel”, clearly a callback to his fate in 1980 in which he became a being of light after, clearly, dying when his ship crashed.

• readenreply says:

YES. Breakaway Colonials retreat to build a new city on Atlantis. Problem with trying to recreate nuclear power with rudimentary tech….

• The potential for an epic sequel is definitely there. One group of people that refused to give up their ship uses the tech inside to build an entire city, then when they get fed up, they decide to build a new Cylon, which leads to Kara appearing in Adama’s cabin to warn him of the impending danger.

2. David4 says:

Scorpius is the reason I stuck with the show. Even the silly or just bad episodes I’d watch because Scorpius is just that awesome. The season 3 finale when he’s walking on the stairs as water is flooding down is epic.

3. Lucy says:

I’ll just be in my corner wishing for a Kilgrave/Master showdown, because hee.

4. A fan of TV says:

Never watched BSG or ST:V so only voted in one poll, but let’s be honest, the powers Kilgrave wields are most people’s worst nightmare. Having no control over your own mind and committing suicide because of it? I was pretty anxious for Kilgrave to die right from the first episode, even though we only met him halfway through.

5. e. says:

I voted against Scorpius only because in the end I don’t really see him as a bad guy. I think he’s one of the most complicated characters framed as an antagonist written in the last twenty years.

6. sm says:

Jonathan “Black Jack” Randall (Outlander) really should be in the Psychopath category!

7. Imzadi says:

Scorpius , one the greatest characters ever. Not a simple villain, but so much more complicated. There are not many who come even close to Harvey.

8. Anastasia Falling says:

I LIKE Scorpius and Six more, but they’re not as evil as Kilgrave or the Borg Queen :)

9. number six isn’t a villian

10. Simon Jester says:

Awwww, Scorpius has been set up to fail in this bracket. What an utterly fantastic character, though!

11. Ash says:

My final thoughts on this poll…The Borg Queen was a mediocre villain on Voyager (she was better in the tang trek movie because of her chemistry with Data). I would have gone with Gul Dukat of DS9, he was great.

• JM says:

Absolutely! Gul Dukat was one of the best developed villains I’ve ever seen. His character went through and changed so much. Loved him and DS9, the best Star Trek series.

12. Rob Horine says:

Where’s Crowley?

13. Drew says:

LOL!!!!! Nellie Olesen (Little House) is pitted against Stefano DiMera (Days of Our Lives) in the Hellraiser bracket! I love random draws… LOL!

14. Annie says:

Six isn’t really a villain though.

15. Diz says:

At first glance I missed seeing Once’s Rumple anywhere. What a farce.

16. ChristopherC says:

how did none of the Once Upon A Time villains make this bracket?

17. Mak says:

Kilgrave gave me nightmares for days after binge watching Jessica Jones…

18. Neko9786 says:

Nothing against the many actors who have played lucifer in supernatural but for me the yellow eyed demon will always be the definitive villian.

19. peterwdawson says:

Kilgrave vs Scorpius is rough since both basically hated their existence for more or less ever. I mean half of Scorpius’s body is literally trying to kill the other half. Kilgrave meanwhile is a predator personified.

20. peterwdawson says:

Also, Number Six over Borg Queen for snapping a baby’s neck. Yeah, the Borg committed dozens of atrocities, but we never saw one snap a baby’s neck.

21. Mr. Tran K says:

The Borg Queen really scares me.

22. Vic Mackey should be on this

23. I tried to vote for the other brackets and none but the first 2 load. Is that because they aren’t ready, or is there an issue?

24. TvPeong says:

Resistance is futile…. still gives me chills

25. Tom says:

Oh. My. Flying Spaghetti Monster. You acknowledged Farscape. I’ve seen it all.

26. fatalsin says:

You have Chris Keller from OZ but Not Vern Schillinger… odd.. very odd

27. Jon XVI says:

As much as it pains me to vote against my beloved Farscape. The compention for Scorpius is just too brutal, any other opponent and he would have easily had my vote. But not against Kilgrave…

Number Six wasn’t even evil, so Borg Queen most definatly.

28. Will Trokey says:

Kilgrave is a strong contender for my ultimate villain. Easy win there. Number Six.