Sarah Ramirez Leaving Grey's Anatomy

Ratings: Grey's Anatomy Dips But Easily Leads #TGIT Line-Up

Grey’s Anatomy this Thursday drew 7.5 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating (per finals), ticking down a tenth in the demo yet easily leading ABC’s #TGIT slate.

Scandal (6 mil/1.7) and HTGAWM (4.8 mil/1.4) held onto their series lows. (All three Shondaland series have of course already been renewed for the fall.)

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | American Idol (8.1 mil/1.8) slipped 7 percent and two tenths week-to-week to hit Thursday lows for this cycle.

NBC | You, Me and the Apocalypse (2.2 mil/0.5) — which is not being renewed for Season 2 by its international producers— was flat. Leading out of an SVU rerun, Shades of Blue (4.9 mil/1.0) held steady.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (2 mil/0.7) and The 100 (1.2 mil/0.4) each dipped to season lows — but are renewed!

CBS | Big Bang Theory (14.7 mil/3.5) dipped 8 percent and three tenths to season lows. With a fresh lead-in, Life in Pieces (8.6 mil/2.0) rose two tenths, while Mom (7.9 mil/1.7) was flat. 2 Broke Girls (6.5 mil/1.6) and Elementary (5.6 mil/1.0) each ticked down.

1. Caroline says:

Ummm, Scandal sucks. I don’t see how Shonda works her way out of this quicksand.

• David4 says:

Simple fix to Scandal…

Start killing people off!

They did that in the first seasons, they need to return to that, the first one that needs to go is Fiz. Then Daddy and Jake.

• Pedro says:

She should make Scandal about a DC fixer again and not a poor man’s Alias.

2. Al says:

And people thought GA would be dead when a certain character died

3. Brian says:

Can’t see Scandal making any sort of ratings comeback this season, so the question becomes, how low will the ratings get? Could it actually fall as far as 1.2 in the demos?

4. Michelle says:

Ugh. Some of those crazy stans might actually get The 100 canceled if those ratings keep going that way. Thanks a lot, Jason. You picked a terrible time in the season to kill a character.

5. Ed says:

I literally find myself forced to watch Scandal just out of Habit. It’s become so repetitive. However I still find myself looking forward to Greys, 12 seasons later.

• Taylor says:

i agree. I think Grey’s had this character development across its airtime of 12 seasons beginning from the very first season that got the viewers invested in the series, characters and their emotions. With Scandal, and even HTGAWM – no matter storyline is thrilling and fast paced, the character building and affinity building with those characters is just lousy sometimes. I don’t care about OPA or Keating Five as much as i did for MAGIC (Mer, Alex, George, Izzie and Cristina) even back in early seasons.

6. Boiler says:

Nice to see Elementary lead it’s time slot in viewers. Also way to hang in 2 Broke Girls

• Patrick says:

All CBS shows were preempted in North Carolina because of the ACC MBB tournament, or, at least they were preempted in the more populated center part of the state, so that will hurt their numbers.

7. GuessWhat says:

RE: You, Me and the Apocalypse (2.4 mil/0.6) — which is not being renewed for Season 2 by its international producers— ticked up.

———

does anybody on here watch this?
    I watched ep 1 and was maybe going to watch the rest ON DEMAND
    but now that I read “not renewed” — not in the mood to watch something that will just end on a cliffhanger for the rest of time

• Jane says:

I like it. I know a lot of people that dropped it because it was advertised like it was going to be a comedy and it really isn’t a comedy. It is more of what I think is called a dramedy. Not really a heavy drama but no really funny moments. I understand from some people that watched it when it ran in Great Britain that they pretty much wrap up the story line so I intend to watch it all. Hope this help.

8. Chicago Dan says:

It’s hard to believe Scandal only has aired 82 episodes and has lost more than half demo since the end of the kidnapping story – exactly 22 episodes ago (3.3 overnight). Yes, I recognize DVR and streaming has increased significantly, but not that much. This is one of the steepest falls for an established series I can recall. Can they do a major reset (again)?

9. Drew says:

I am a fan of Legends of Tomorrow. It’s usually a fun show to watch. But last night’s was painfully bad. It’s like the only thing the writers knew about the 50’s was what they’ve seen on other TV shows about the 50’s.

• Jane says:

Even worse it seemed like everything they knew about the 50’s was from Back to the Future since they kept making jokes related to the movies.

10. kmw says:

Even down Grey’s keeps on going. Scandals drops don’t surprise me at all, even TBBT is going a little bit lower. Idol’s numbers are fine given what most of FOX’S shows are doing but boy have they fallen from where they used to be. NBC must be happy that Blue is staying pretty steady at 10, even if they aren’t great numbers

11. kar says:

Scandal is so horrible

12. EM says:

I know HTGAWM has already been renewed but aren’t those numbers usually cancellation worthy?

13. Em says:

Season low for The 100…wow

14. Jim J. says:

“Elementary” is already CBS’s least-watched series, so I doubt it’ll lose any of its viewers with its move to the Sunday deathslot.

• Colleen Ann says:

I know I’m very late to the Rodeo, but I DVR everything – the only thing I watch live are the news and the weather- and I recently realized In watch WAYYY too much TV . I have deleted shows I think will be cancelled or I just don’t care enough about, and one of the shows I watch right away is Elementary. It’s intelligent and humorous and I love Jonny Lee and Lucy. I hope it sticks around because it’s smart and interesting and I finally realized that’s TV is all about. Sorry for any any typos – it’s Saturday night @ 7 pm here in White Plains NY and I’m usually not in town or on-line and a few cocktails have been consumed, Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.