Video: Can Little Kids Handle a White President? The Daily Show Investigates

“What does it do to a young, white child’s dreams to have never seen themselves reflected in the nation’s highest office?”

That’s a question The Daily Show‘s Jordan Klepper left to a room full of “poor little crackers” (aka white elementary school students) who have only grown up to know Barack Obama as our nation’s Commander-in-Chief.

While most of the kids seem open to the idea of a white president, a debate quickly erupts when one classmate comments on Hillary Clinton’s email scandal.

Watch the segment below, then sound off in the comments.

1. Pattybiglips says:

I mean really? What’s the point of this? When I was a child, there were WHITE PRESIDENTS. this is so stupid and unnecessary. Unless I’m missing the punchline here.

• Asherq says:

You are the punchline.

• Bob Backus says:

This is a satire on the stupidity of races looking to the president as some kind of validation. It’s ridiculing the idea of black kids looking for validation from outside themselves, aka whining, instead of seeing the value inside. Or at least, that would be what an intelligent satirist would be doing. What this guy’s point is, is not doubt much more shallow than that.

Let the race whining never end!

2. Jessie Tate says:

Using kids for their racist show. Calling white kids little crackers and putting them down because they are white. What do you think about putting black kids on the show and calling them little niggers? It’s racist both ways! So sick of the double standard!

3. Marcie says:

Stupid.

4. cuius says:

Can a show have too much “diversity”?

5. Drew says:

“Crackers” is an incredibly racist and offensive term. I am surprised to see it used here.

6. PatriciaLee says:

I was 7 years old when Ike became President, and I always thought the President was a boring old man, growing up. I must have been in my forties before I took the time to think it through and realize he had been a WW2 hero with lots of charisma to my parents and grandparents. Does any kid ever aspire (dream) to be a president of anything? Being the main office guy does seem boring in retrospect. To a kid, they just stand there and say boring words. Kudos for at least pointing out the Pres job to the kids, as something special.

7. Lucifer says:

The left uses children to push their twisted and hateful ideological propaganda more than anti-gay Christians. And TV Line should be ashamed they keep publishing garbage articles in favor of it.

8. Mary says:

WTH is this article? I cannot decide what’s worse the video or the article acting like this is okay. Really disgusting. I am disappointed Tvline.

9. Matt says:

People really get this upset over something that’s obviously a joke? Try looking at the Republican front-runner if you want something REALLY offensive

• Drew says:

Well, we could look at the democrat front runner… but most of those files will probably sealed until after the indictment goes through.

10. Ben says:

Wow, I come in to a comments section that feels like it’s filled with people who have been sent here by a lobby group to complain.

• Kay says:

Right?? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but I thought it was just a cute video and amusing to consider the fact that young children have never known a white president. But apparently this is something to be upset about?