Carpool Karaoke Adele

TVLine Items: Carpool Karaoke Series in the Works, Damien Ratings and More

Make some room, Lip Sync Battle: Another late-night viral sensation is making the leap to cable.

James Corden and Late Late Show executive producer Ben Winston are shopping a Carpool Karaoke series to networks, based on Corden’s crazy-popular, star-studded segment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, which first broke the news, Corden is not expected to host the project but will executive-produce and likely make guest appearances. (If you’re unfamiliar with Carpool Karaoke, let this be your introduction to the phenomenon.)

In February, Spike TV announced it was developing a similar series, Caraoke Showdown, in which The Office‘s Craig Robinson will chauffeur unsuspecting contestants as they perform karaoke during the ride.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* A&E’s Damien got off to a hellish start Monday, drawing just 753K viewers and a 0.3 demo rating. Leading into the Omen continuation at 9/8c, Bates Motel kicked off its fourth season with a solid 1.5 million viewers/0.8 rating, up 14 percent versus its Season 3 finale.

* PBS has renewed its Civil War drama Mercy Street, starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Josh Radnor, for a second season.

* The documentary Serena — which follows tennis icon Serena Williams during crucial moments of her career — will premiere Wednesday, June 22, at 8/7c on Epix.

* New Daredevil Season 2 teaser alert!

1. Brian says:

Glad Bates Motel returned with good numbers.

2. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

Really excited for a Carpool Karaoke series. THAT’S AWESOME!!

3. BrightLight says:

So glad Mercy Street got renewed!

4. Lindsey says:

All I want is at least one season of Damien. Preferrably more, but if they will at least air the whole season before cancelling it, I’ll be satisfied enough.

5. Maryann says:

I am intrigued with Damien and really ejoyed the first episode. I hope more people will at least give it a chance. Apparently the showrunner has a multiseason arc that I would really like to see play out. The fact that the man Damien is three dimensional and fighting against what is happening to him makes the premise far more interesting than if he was just a two dimensional face of evil.

6. BillyBobJohnson says:

Carpool Karaoke without Corden? Why bother? He IS Carpool Karaoke.

7. Josh Emerson says:

No interest at all in Carpool Karaoke without James Corden. He is awesome and makes that segment what it is.

8. What an unoriginal way to add to the lineup. Carpool Karaoke is fine the way it is as a segment not a half an hour show, it’s ridiculous. VH1 had a show like this without celebrities people would hide a video camera and record people singing along. Save your money.

9. Gerald says:

I think A&E really dropped the ball on promoting Damien. I found it really intriguing and significantly creepy. Bradley James is great in it.
    Carpool Karaoke is fun once in a while, but no need to have a 1/2 hour of it.

10. Guest says:

I like the Carpool Karaoke segments on James’s show.I just don’t think this will work w/o him hosting (like others have posted).

11. Tammy Lily says:

I don’t appreciate sharing the same birthday as damien. I got more sixes in my birthdate than damien does.