Goran Visnjic Time Pilot

Goran Visnjic Joins NBC's Time Travel Drama Pilot as the Big Bad

Goran Visnjic is Vandal Savage…?

The Extant and ER alum has boarded the NBC drama pilot Time, as the time-hopping villain whose mission of mayhem sets things in motion.

Penned by Eric Kripke (Revolution) and Shawn Ryan (The Shield), the high-octane drama follows an unlikely trio — played by Abigail Spencer (Rectify), Matt Lanter (90210) and Malcolm Barrett (Better Off Ted) — who travel through time to battle a master criminal intent on altering the fabric of human history with potentially catastrophic results.

Per our sister site Deadline, Visnjic will play said baddie, Garcia Flynn, a dangerous man who traveled with a team of soldiers to the hours prior to the Hindenburg’s explosion, guided by a strange journal from some other period of time.

Visnjic’s post-ER resume also includes Pan Am, Red Widow and Season 3 of Crossing Lines.

1. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

Really hope Time gets picked up as a series. Great to see Goran Visnjic back in the NBC family after a great run as the Croatian George Clooney aka Luka Kovac on ER.

2. Jay says:

I get flashbacks of the old ‘Time Tunnel’ Ready to give this a few eps.

3. Based on that description, I’d compare him more to the villain in Time Trax than Vandal Savage, heh.

4. Nichole says:

Hope this doesn’t mean the end of Crossing Lines :( Really like Goran in season three!

5. Maryann says:

Sorry to hear he was going to be the villain rather than one of the good guys. I was excited there for a minute.

6. Caroline says:

I enjoyed watching Goran Visnjic in his “ER” role, and again in Extant. Hope that he will repeat his success with this series, but I am not really sure how I feel knowing that he will play a classic bad guy.
    And yes, many new TV series seem to be oriented towards Time Travel these days… It sure was a lot of easier when Doctor Who was the only one around. Now I agree with Michael that Goran’s character will be more of an exotic character capable of changing the future, not an immortal tyrant who simply waits for his time to come…
    If I had to guess, Abigail Spencer would be some sort of time-police captain, and the other two would accompany her in her mission.

7. How many shows can we handle with Vandal Savage as the bad guy? We already have The CW’s “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” and the guy who plays Savage there is great.

8. Luis says:

Garcia Flynn?

9. Hunter9 says:

I am not ready to believe that this will be another “Vandal Savage” type of thing. I am seriously convincing myself that this TV series will have its own unique note in displaying Time (no pun intended) in their own, unique way. Their own I mean – Sony Pictures. Yes, S O N Y! You read that right… Sony is backing up this thing and I seriously believe that the Japanese owned company is full of surprises and has done this time and time again in the past with their big screen movies.
    Remember ‘Man in Black’, or maybe ‘Jump Street’, or maybe ‘Spiderman’, the first one with Tobey Maguire? Well all of these titles seem to have captured the crowds by storm and became symbols… no… evergreens.

I believe that this is the case here, with Goran Visnjic taking the seat of the “bad guy”.