Dancing With the Stars Season 22

Dancing With the Stars: Season 22 Cast Includes Marla Maples, Geraldo Rivera, Boyz II Men Singer, Three NFL Pros

Bruno Tonioli, start working on your mangled metaphors!

ABC on Tuesday revealed the full cast for Dancing With the Stars‘ Season 22 — during Good Morning America, naturally — with Donald Trump’s ex-wife Marla Maples and talk-show host Geraldo Rivera among the newest names confirmed to quickstep, tango and cha cha cha for the coveted Mirrorball Trophy.

They join previously confirmed GMA meteorologist Ginger Zee and Fuller House star Jodie Sweetin to duke it out for the title currently held by Bindi Irwin and pro Derek Hough.

Rounding out the cast: Ultimate Fighting Championship star Paige VanZant, America’s Next Top Model winner Nyle DiMarco, Pittsburgh Steelers star Antonio Brown, The O.C.‘s Mischa Barton, Super Bowl MVP
Von Miller,
The Facts of Life and Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kim Fields,
Heisman Trophy winner and former NFL pro Doug Flutie and Boyz II Men’s Wanya Morris.

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your thoughts on the new cast (and predict a winner) in the comments!

1. Christian says:

Poor Mischa Barton…

• Drew says:

But she looks aMAHzing in that official cast photo!

• Mat says:

She can prove she’s ready to work, show up on time, not be a diva etc. She gets a check. And many people have restarted careers after dwts. It may be with more reality shows but you never know. If you’re not getting acting gigs, you might ad well get on network television and all the publicity that surrounds the show.

2. Lola says:

Still flabbergasted at Mischa. How the mighty have fallen? This was the same girl eager to leave The O.C. She let mild successful blow her head up and she jetted. Probably should’ve had better management over her. It’s sad considering her fellow cast mates have been relatively successful after the show’s conclusion. The grass is not always greener.

• David4 says:

It was the role that made her famous, and she ditched it. Other producers and casting people probably go “She ditched, would she ditch our show?”. She’s not that great of an actor and she acts like she is queen. Now she has to go on “Dancing with the ‘Stars'”, it’s poetic justice.

• Eurydice says:

She fell long before this – this is actually a step up for her.

3. IzzyP says:

Edyta is back! With Geraldo as her partner she probably won’t be around long, but so happy she — and her leg warmers — will be hitting the dance floor.

4. Bwhit says:

As a die hard Bronco fan I will be tuning in as long as Von is there. He’s got some moves too!

5. Leon says:

Yikes, Mischa. Once your go on a show like this it can kind of be hard to be taken seriously again in the acting industry.

Rest of the cast looks ok.

6. Who’s the girl with the long blonde hair? Is that Mischa Barton?

7. And Tony AGAIN gets the worst (perceived) contestant. I hope the former Mrs Trump surprises me and proves me wrong.

• Lola says:

They always do Tony dirty with his partners. Maybe we’ll be surprised.

• TJ says:

I believe that Marla Maples has some dance experience and was on Broadway. I am sort of ashamed of myself for knowing this or thinking that this is true.

• As a Broadway lover, I would say there is nothing to be ashamed for knowing that… but with some show’s stunt casting to fill seats, someone’s random Broadway cred isn’t always a given. Jeez I hope I am wrong (and you are right) and that he gets a fair shake this season. Fingers crossed for Tony and Marla.

8. Mallory says:

Um, can we all just rejoice for a moment that Edyta is back!?!?!??!?!

9. TVPeong says:

Looks like this will be a great season!

10. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

I’m rooting for Jodie Sweetin this time around.

11. Eric7740 says:

So who’s considered the big “get” this season???

12. J.Norman says:

Well, this time I’ve at least heard of 7 of them.

13. rebecca says:

I thought Marla Maples was LIndsay Lohan’s mom for a second. Yikes.

14. Broadwayfan says:

I feel for Edyta. Geraldo Rivera is one of the biggest horse’s rear ends I have ever seen on reality television. I watched him on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE and he was insufferable. He thinks he’s always right and he’s perfect. I don’t see him taking instruction or creative criticism very well. I bet Edyta is hoping for a quick exit.

15. Dorothy says:

If Geraldo Rovera is the first to be voted off, I will then tune in, otherwise I will be sitting this one out. I cannot and will not watch a show with such an arrogant, self-centered, look-at-me-I-am-wonderful person. He will trip on his huge ego.

16. I’m thinking its gonna be a very good year for either Jodie Sweetin or Von Miller.

17. Priscilla says:

Im a fan of misha and Jodie, beautiful girls, can’t wait to see their costumes and dances

18. Nichole says:

Interesting that they are splitting the NFL vote this time. I’m on team Antonio. Love to Jodie and Wanya as well.

19. AngelWasHere says:

Who?? I could care less about this cast. I don’t even know who most of them are. Never could recognize anybody from Boys II Men. Just happen to watch ANTM to know Nyle and he doesn’t excites me. I do know who Geraldo is, but I hope he ends being terrible and embarrasses himself. That’s about it though. I don’t know who anyone else is. I’ll tune in, but I don’t think I’m going be watching every week.

20. Wordsmith says:

What are the chances that the TV weather girl is NOT going to perform “It’s Raining Men” at some point during the season?

21. Erin Lowrie says:

The best thing about this is that Edyta is back! She has always been one of my favorite pros!

22. Luis says:

When did Marla Maples escape from her island prison?

23. Josh says:

Rooting for Jodie, Von, Wanya. Rooting against Antonio cause I hate the Steelers and the last Steeler on there wasn’t that good of a dancer and won it was horse####

24. JBC says:

Looks like a great cast. I like Doug Flutie, & enjoy the idea of having a few sports people this time. I also like Jodi & Kim and I do like Geraldo & think he will surprise everybody. Marla Maples is invited for the Trump effect, I’m sure.. . I really want to see Keo get past 2 or 3 weeks. With Jodi he should be able to. Bring it on DWTS.

25. Shannon says:

OMG Edyta is back! Finally! This cast overall seems great. I’m especially excited to seeing Von Miller and Jodie Sweetin. It will be interesting to see if she can go farther than Candace Cameron.

26. SA says:

I am already hopefully looking forward to seeing Edyta and Artem dance together after they loose their partners. Talk about the some HOT dances!!!! My favorite part is seeing the pros dance their short routines. They are usually way better to watch. And, a season without the HOUGH”s!!!!!!!

27. Wendy says:

So there are NFL guys and Edyta is back. I’m in.

28. Steve F. says:

The good – Jodie Sweetin… and the return of Edyta!!!

The not-so-good – Edyta may be gone after Week 1 (seriously, Geraldo Rivera?!?)

Overall, I’m suprised that I recognize most of the cast. Fingers crossed that Mischa Barton doesn’t become this season’s Queen B.!

29. Titus Pullo says:

doesn’t matter..the young/pretty white girl always wins

30. PaoloAKhan says:

But nyle is deaf! How would he be thought? And with all of the music? That’s gonna be interesting!

31. If I watch this season at all, it will only be to see Len Goodman back at the judges’ table. Between the pro dancers and the “celebs” for this season — I think I can find a few things more interesting to do with my time. Sorry, but this has got to be one of the worst line-ups yet. Kinda scraping the barrel just bit?