Jimmy Kimmel Emmys

It's Official: Jimmy Kimmel to Host 2016 Emmy Awards

ABC formally confirmed early Monday one of Hollywood’s worst kept secretsJimmy Kimmel will host the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 18.

“Jimmy Kimmel is the consummate showman,” said Channing Dungey, ABC’s new president of entertainment, in a statement. “With Kimmel at the helm, expect to be at the edge of your seat for a bigger, bolder, and better-than-ever Emmy event.”

Added Kimmel: “I am excited to be hosting the Emmys again. I have a feeling I’m going to be great.”

This will mark the Jimmy Kimmel Live frontman’s second turn as Emmy emcee. He previously presided over the 2012 ceremony, which was also on ABC.

Meanwhile, the TV Academy also confirmed that the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will for the first time take place over two nights, Saturday and Sunday, September 10 and 11.

Emmy nominations will be announced Thursday, July 14.

1. Kevin says:

Mr Robot gon premiere when? it should sweep emmy’s for both Sn1 nn 2

2. Guilherme says:

Great.

3. lqza says:

I am from the UK and have no idea who he even is.

4. Let it end!!! says:

rah

5. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

That’s great news. Kimmel deserves to be the host of this year’s Primetime Emmy Awards.

6. Shar says:

Wrong Jimmy.

7. Dennis says:

Love him! What a talent

8. Mary S says:

But, can he keep it within the set time limits? I am really tired of awards shows that go beyond the scheduled time! If I set t he DVR to record it and it ends later than the guide says it will, I MISS THE FINAL AWARD!! I cannot tell you how many times I have been watching the recording only to have it end just as the host says “Winner of the Best Film (or show, or whatever) is…” and the recording ends!! Shows that are scheduled for 2 or more hours are ALWAYS consigned to the DVR for viewing later, and I have gotten to the point that I don’t even bother with them. There is no way I will have time to watch without interruptions during the shows, so I record them for viewing at my convenience and I HATE getting all the way to the end and missing the “BIG MOMENT” …I will not bother recording it unless it will end on time…and yes, I know I could adjust the DVR to record for a period of time after the show is scheduled to end, but I think it is just rude to make us do that.

9. N says:

Love Kimmel!

10. Zoe says:

I’d be made about this, but after that X-Files skit and that Producers parody a la Trump… yeah, okay.