Noel Fisher Shameless Return

Shameless' Noel Fisher, HSM Alum Join NBC Sudser Pilot Miranda's Rights

TV’s erstwhile Mickey Milkovich (no relation), Noel Fisher, has boarded the cast of the NBC drama pilot Miranda’s Rights.

Penned by Katie Lovejoy (Dracula), the project is described as a legal soap about an idealistic group of lawyers who not only work together but live together at their start-up firm, YLG (as in Young Law Group, groan).

Per our sister site Deadline, Shameless vet Fisher will play one of the partner-roommates, Jacob Mizrahi, a curt straight-man who does what he has to in order to rein in his rage.

Additionally, High School Musical alum Monique Coleman has been cast as as YLG’s even-keeled founder, Emily Ellison.

Previously announced casting includes Rebecca Breeds (The Originals), Jamie Chung (Once Upon a Time) and John Gabriel (Young & Hungry).

1. Jayjay says:

Shameless really isn’t the same without Mickey! I didn’t think the show would suffer this much from his absence, but it does. I wish him all the best with his future projects.

2. Joey says:

This show sounds horrible. Noel Fisher deserves far better than this trash.

3. Brian says:

Wish he was back on Shameless. He was so good on that show.

4. j says:

This would really be the worst of outcomes. One of the best characters on Shameless would remain absent, and a show called “Miranda’s Rights” would be on television.

• Bea says:

Well I have a feeling it won’t actually make it to our tv screens, so we might be spared that much. I really don’t understand why he would quit Shameless if this is all he’s doing.

• Kate says:

He didn’t leave I don’t think. There’s a lot of tension between him and the writers and John wells. I think he was unhappy with the direction they were going with Mickey so they told him to gtfo. At least that’s what I heard.

• Bwhit says:

If that’s true than I’m guessing they do this quite often with other actors. Take Jimmy for instance, he was interesting to me but season 3 ruined him. So if they treated Justin Chatwin the way they treated Noel than I get why they aren’t there anymore. Shameless gives us some great characters at first, the fans fall in love and then they absolutely destroy their development and send them away. It’s baffling!

• Jimmy was a douche. And if they treated Justin Chatwin badly, I highly doubt that he would have come back for a one-off episode. Why bother?

I don’t think that they ruined any character other than Debbie.

5. This has got “First to be cancelled” written all over it. NBC, you have the right to waste Fisher’s talent, but WHY? Besides the cutsey title and the unctuous YLG name of the law firm, this show has no raison d’etre.

6. Shaun says:

He looks kinda like that guy that’s on Greys/Mentalist

7. Noel Fisher was in the movie A Dog named Christmas

8. Max says:

This show sounds like it will be DOA.

9. Michael bailey says:

Sounds very similar to a British series called this life from a few years ago with a pre-walking dead andrew lincoln

10. Ro says:

It’s Scappy Doo from SVU…

11. Weezy says:

Sounds a whole bunch of boring to me…but I like the casting choice!