Downton Abbey Spoilers

Downton Abbey Series Finale: 6 Teases About the Crawleys' Big Goodbye

There’s no use in asking if you’re ready to say goodbye to the residents of Downton Abbey this Sunday (PBS, 9/8c). Because you’re not. None of us are.

That said, the lords, ladies and downstairs dwellers have a whole mess of last-minute surprises up their collective sleeve for the series finale, so TVLine thought we’d cushion the pain of farewell by dropping a few hints. (Note: Stop reading now if you’d rather remain in the dark.)

Ready? OK, let’s do this…

* Anna is not the only person pregnant in the final episode.

* Thomas finds a new purpose, though it’s neither what nor where he expects.

* The ongoing feud between Spratt and Denker reaches a satisfying, hilarious conclusion.

* Henry and Mary are keeping secrets from each other. Already.

* At least one character is given an unexpected second chance at love.

* Another character says, “The plain truth is, I’m done for.” (And it’s true.)

Your hopes for Sunday’s last hurrah? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Curly says:

I so don’t want the show to end!! I’m hoping they can treat us to occasional Christmas episodes. I suspect the show is giving most everyone a happy conclusion for now, but poor Tom seems all alone still…I wrote my own ending for him and he ends up with the lady editor of Edith’s magazine.

2. KeithH says:

Watched it via my iTunes season pass a coule times now… There are some seeds planted suitable for the basis of possible future TV movies… But in the end, I was left feeling, “That’s it??”

• ABG says:

Yeah, it wasn’t their best episode. I actually thought the previous one was much stronger, but then again, they did leave the door open for a movie.

3. Larc says:

I have mixed emotions about Downton’s not continuing. While I will miss it, much more time would have had to include deaths of some major characters I wouldn’t have been anxious to see. Downton without the delightful spice Violet added to it likely wouldn’t be as tasty.

4. Teresa Theesfeld says:

The best surprise ending will be that Downton Abby doesn’t end. Foyle’s War lasted 12 years and Upstairs Downstairs at least as many. Why can’t we go through WWll and the Cold War with the Crawley’s. I believe the show should last as at least as long as Maggie Smith does!

5. My guesses:

Mary’s secret is she’s pregnant. Henry’s is probably coming into money.
    Thomas will be doing something with kids.
    Daisy will have a potential love and presumably we’ll have an idea of what Edith’s future presents with.
    The “done for” character is probably Robert, not Violet.

Of course, I could just go on DA’s wiki and find out. Amazing how poorly spoilers swim across the pond.

6. Denise Terry says:

Have enjoyed each an every episode! Thank u for all ur gard wrk! Everyone done a awesome job!

7. Anyone know when PBS plans to schedule the Christmas episode?

8. C.S Carper says:

Have enjoyed watching the series and learning about each one. Will miss all of them. Hope there will be a movie or some way keeping up with the lives of actors. Feel really sad that the show is ending as this was our Sunday night treat. PBS will lose a lot of viewers when this show ends. Thank to all the actors and behind the scenes people

9. Amy says:

I think “I’m done for” is Birdie or Bertie?…anyway, Edith’s guy…coming back and admitting he’s “done for” and might as well not fight it. He’s the “smitten” one…he just reacted in the moment last week, he’ll think it over and come back I think….even if he’s not the one to say he’s “done for.” :)
    Sure gonna miss these characters and this show.