ABC's The Catch: New Promo Plays Up #TGIT-Caliber Sex, Scandalous Acts

If a teasing tango didn’t whet your appetite, maybe the heavy breathing and writhing shadows in a new promo for ABC’s The Catch will float your #TGIT-watching boat.

Previously only available on iTunes, the above teaser for the Shonda Rhimes production plays up the sexual charge between elite P.I. Alice Vaughan (The Killing‘s Mireille Enos) and her fiance Christopher (Parenthood‘s Peter Krause) — aka “Mr. X,” an elusive con man she and her team of snoops have been unsuccessfully chasing.

As the premiere (airing Thursday, March 24 at 10/9c) unfolds, Christopher cons Alice out of millions and vanishes, sending his would-be bride on a private mission for payback, no matter where it leads or the secrets she must keep along the way. Sonya Walger (Lost), glimpsed in the above promo, plays Christopher’s cohort in chicanery.

The Catch also stars Alimi Ballard (Numb3rs), Jay Hayden (Hulu’s Battleground), Jacky Ido (Taxi Brooklyn), Rose Rollins (The L Word) and Elvy Yost (Mildred Pierce).

1. Luis says:

How about this? Peter Krause needs work. Josh Charles needs work. Can’t Aaron Sorkini just reboot “Sports Night” and spare us this dreck?

2. AR says:

Wow. An all white teaser from Shondaland. How to make sense of THAT?!?!

• Weezy says:

People like AR shouldn’t be allowed to talk…seriously do you not get it? If you look at EVERY SINGLE TINY LITTLE THING through the prism of sex or race, then you are a sexist or a racist. Oh the hypocrisy…

3. LJ says:

Anyone else think the original trailer looked more interesting?

4. PriceIsRightCancelled says:

Wonder if The Catch should become another Shonda Rhimes hit. Great to see Peter Krause back on TV as does Penny from LOST.

• Fernanda says:

For me it’s Off the Map fiasco again for Shondaland. I look for the show about nuns

• Cory says:

Unfortunately I think ABC has decided to not order further pilots meaning the nun show is dead. Sucks because it was their only pilot that sounded particularly intriguing.

• Stacy says:

Hey! I liked Off the Map! Okay, the show wasn’t great. I was just bummed they didn’t give it a chance to turn it around. (Note to showrunners: changing up love interests 2-3 times in the course of 13 episodes is a bad sign.)

• Dennis says:

That’s def NOT Penny from Lost lol. It’s an actress from AMC’s The Killing 😂

• Ray says:

Umm, Sonja Walger who replaced Bethany Joy Lenz as Peter Krause’s gf, played Penny from Lost. Maybe have the facts before replying?

5. Leo says:

Let’s all agree on how Mireilles Enos look 200% greater here than The Killing… At first, I thought she can’t pull off naughty sexiness, but dayum she pull it off….

• Ray says:

Her look is glamorous here. She’s come a long way since her days of sporting poofy up dos and drab pioneer dresses on Big Love.

6. Holly says:

I’m a fan of Mireille Enos so I hope The Catch is good.

7. GeoDiva says:

Did they change everything from the original pilot? It doesn’t look anything like it.

8. kn1231 says:

This was a must watch for me because Bethany Joy Lenz was in the cast. Once they got rid of her, it definitely lost a lot of its appeal. I’ll probably wait a few episodes for the reviews and then make my decision to watch or not then.

• BCass says:

Agree, Joy was my main reason for wanting to watch. This new trailer does not interest me in any way. Hopefully Joy will make it back to TV sometime soon on a good show worth watching!

• Stacy says:

Ditto for me. Bethany Joy Lenz was the driving force that made it must see. I might check it out now, but it’s far from appointment television.

9. I was really looking forward to this when the original trailer aired last year. Now, not so much. I’ll probably check it out, but if it’s another HTGAWM/Scandal wannabe…bye, bye.

10. tanya says:

I love love love this show
    It has been a while that i look forward to watch a serie..
    You made my Thursday