Piper Perabo in Notorious

Covert Affairs' Piper Perabo to Star in ABC's Real Life-ish Notorious Pilot

Ex-Covert Affairs agent Piper Perabo is spying a return to TV as the co-lead opposite Daniel Sunjata in the ABC drama pilot Notorious, TVLine has learned.

Written by Drop Dead Diva creator Josh Berman and blogger Allie Hagan (“Suri’s Burn Book”), the project is inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos (Sunjata) and cable news producer Wendy Walker, promising a provocative look at “the unique, sexy, and dangerous interplay of criminal law and the media.”

Perabo will play Julia (i.e. the Wendy role), a driven producer of the No. 1 TV news program in the country. She’s squeaky clean on paper, but fights in the mud when necessary. She not only controls the nation’s headlines, she owns them.

1. Leanne says:

loved covert affairs. I am so glad she is coming back. she is great. I will watch for sure

2. Steven says:

I’ve been a huge fan of Piper since Coyote Ugly and Imagine Me & You, but I could never get into Covert Affairs, but this show seems right up my alley. I love both law and behind the scenes shows.

3. HAP says:

I also thought Covert Affairs was a great show. In fact, it got better as Piper became a kick-ass, world traveling agent.

4. I’m still upset about how Covert Affairs ended, but I like her so I’ll give this a shot.

• drhenning says:

CA was a great show but its ratings went downhill where in its last season, it was the worst on USA… It was such a well produced show that took viewers around the world on the adventures.. not everything shot in Toronto to look like everywhere else… You would think a show with these 2 leads will get picked up… CA and Graceland were great shows but got buried by USA..

5. Troy says:

Adrienne, I agree!

6. Kiky says:

Nice to hear that Piper Perado will be back on TV, the Notorious end eager to see the show.

7. Maggie Taylor says:

Love Piper and Daniel, looking forward to the show

8. Eileen Warn says:

I am looking forward to your new show this fall. I have enjoyed all you’ve done since you graduated North. You have always been a Shining Star. Keep up the good work.