Report: Dancing With the Stars Eyes Mischa Barton, Kim Fields, ANTM Hunk

Welcome to the mirrorball, bitch!

The O.C.‘s Mischa Barton is the latest celebrity rumored to be joining Dancing With the Stars‘ Season 22 cast, according to Us Weekly.

The ABC isn’t slated to officially announce its latest contestant roster until Tuesday (during Good Morning America). But names are starting to trickle in about who’ll be attempting to tango their way to the title currently held by Bindi Irwin.

Hallmark Channel & Hallmark Movie Channel Summer Celebration, Los Angeles, America - 08 Jul 2014Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Facts of Life alum (and current Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member) Kim Fields is strapping on her cha-cha heels, while E! News says America’s Next Top Model champ Nyle DiMarco will follow in Marlee Matlin’s footsteps as the show’s second deaf cast member.

Fuller House star Jodie Sweetin was the first Season 22 cast member officially unveiled by ABC — she’ll be paired with pro Keo Motsepe — while fan fave Derek Hough will sit out the forthcoming cycle.

Will Barton, Fields or DiMarco convince you to return to DWTS? Sound off below!

1. Diz says:

Marissa Cooper & Stephanie Judith Tanner? Hell yeah!

2. Et al. says:

I was still waiting for Mischa to launch that big movie career she left the OC for.

• Tim says:

Can’t blame a girl for trying!

• Geo says:

I don’t think she wanted to leave the O.C. If I remember correctly.
      I think she was fired for her erratic behavior on set.

• Will says:

They needed to inject life into The OC as ratings were tanking, and apparently she did not get along with the rest of the cast at that point.

There’s a 10 year anniversary interview from 2013 with creator Josh Schwartz somewhere on the internet where he explains the various reasons for killing Marissa off. Albeit he learned his lesson about the repercussions of killing off 1/2 of a series’ main couple.

3. immeam says:

Nyle!!!!!Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

4. Yolanda says:

Do not do it Mischa! DwtS is for hasbeens or wannabes and you’re not one of those. Go to castings, try to find yourself a regular role on TV show. DwtS should be your last option and I don’t believe you don’t have any other left.

5. Beth says:

Mischa Barton is a terrible actress

• Beth says:

I thought she was cast in the Dirty Dancing remake for a sec so the point is kinda irrelevant to this post. So yeah ignore me and my hate towards her :-]

6. japonicanyc says:

Whoa Mischa Barton! Clearly someone who fell of the face of the earth. It’s funny too. I never watched the show, but from the way top notch magazines like Teen Vogue and such called her a style icon, I would have figured she would have been able to hang around a little longer in some way, in the spotlight…..I think I remember an alcohol problem being tossed around? If so, hope she got the care.