High School Musical 4

High School Musical 4 in the Works at Disney Channel

Who’s ready to go back to East High?

A fourth installment in Disney Channel’s High School Musical series — not counting the Ashley Tisdale-led spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, of course — is in the works, with the launch of a nationwide casting search. (Interested applicants, head this-a-way.)

All we know about the film, so far, is that it will take place at East High, where the franchise — starring Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Monique Coleman and Corbin Bleu — got its start.

Baby Daddy creator Dan Berendsen will pen the screenplay with original HSM writer Peter Basocchini. Jeffrey Hornaday (Teen Beach Movie) is on board to direct.

Wildcats, what do you hope to see in HSM4? And which second- or third-tier cast members do you hope will return for a cameo? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. LE says:

No No no!

2. webly3 says:

Who wants this? No one. No one wants this. No one needs this. This is unnecessary.

• David4 says:

Who wanted the first one? Who wanted the second one? Who wanted the third? These movies are huge to the point I’m surprised we didn’t get College Musical.

• Temperance says:

Huge numbers of people. The made a mint, and though they skew very young, they are pretty entertaining. Tons of people with younger kids are thrilled about this.

• Temperance says:

Well, the height of ignorance is speaking for other people, in particular when the comment is bizarre in the real world. You aren’t Drumpf, are you?

3. Karen says:

No, don’t ruin it

4. Lola says:

HSM3 was terrible with the original cast in tact. Leave well enough alone!

5. Ryan says:

I’d bet Matt Prokop isn’t returning…

6. jalahyacinth says:

YES. Looks like in the minority, but my 3 decades old self is over the moon excited :P

7. c-mo says:

I have loved watching 1-3 with my Goddaughter and her friends but I’m not ready for a 4, unless it was the original cast but since we all know that’s never going to happen…thanks but no thanks.

8. Noreen says:

I don’t understand why this high school musical 4 had to be confirmed and hopefully the original cast comes back but 3 was enough and in the third one they went to college so wouldn’t know how the movie will start.

9. Shouldn't matter says:

No. Just no. The whole point of high school musical is to have the original cast. They MADE HSM, HSM. No matter how good the movie is. I still am not going to watch it. It’s like completely stupid to cast a movie that was a big hit because everyone fell in love with the cast, but cast new people. It may be called HSM4, but it’s not HSM. Not watching sorry,

10. Catherine O'Farrell says:

I would like to be gabriella!

11. Mark says:

I’m there. The original cast made the movies, but I will give the fourth one a chance.

Although I’m still holding out for High School Reunion Musical.

12. Lolo says:

All of the original cast. Please

13. Jess says:

Maybe some of the old cast will come back as teachers. Personally I’m excited for it. I don’t care if they have an all new cast. I will be watching this either way

14. elisaulbelis says:

No original cast or Kenny Ortega? Big fail

15. Lilly says:

I definently hope to see a Troy Bolton cameo. Ms Darbus too. Sharply needs to be back to do the drama department like they said in the third one. I hope they do not ruin high school musical by doing a fourth one without Kenny Ortega. He was amazing with the first three and without him it might be ruined. Like Zac Efron said before the third one came out that was supposed to be the best way to end it without ruining any of the good qualities about HMS.

16. Lilly says:

They should try to bring back the original cast or at least some of them or else it will be RUINED FOREVER. I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 1/2/3 they are amazing they should not ruin a good trilogy for no reason. That’s how they all got started. ( Corbin bleu already had jump in though). But these movies made them so famous people still love them for those roles. They don’t need to ruin anything about HMS. Just because it might make them millions of dollars. Who knows. The fourth one might be awful without KENNY ORTEGA. He was an amazing director. They should not ruin this.

17. Marta says:

I really wish that Ashley Tisdale, Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu are back on stage. It will be great to see them live their college experience or, at least, a gathering of all the cast x years later.

18. stableyouryears says:

If Kenny isn’t directing, what’s the point?

19. Jared lord says:

I think they should come back for a 10 year reunion like american reunion did see all there old friends catch and show how they changed not a new cast don’t be like transformers and change I think it would cool because now there all older

20. Al says:

Oh my…no. Just no. They keep trying to re-do what made High School Musical great, but the fact is they just got really lucky with a great cast, and a great director who made a rip off of Grease appear entirely brand new (and also better..). I would love to see this..with the original cast. It could be utter trash, but if the cast was there I’d happily watch it. This, I’m not watching…it’s lazy and unnecessary..
    I’m reminded of when they did Halloweentown 4, re-casted one of the best things about the movies, hardly gave any screentime to one of the other best things about the movies, and threw together some awful script just to keep trying to recreate that magic..

21. Ramarion says:

I love high school musical i would love to see the stars of high musical i hope to see zac efron and vanessa hudgens on high school musical 4