Season 7, Episode 14 ("Moonlight on the Bayou")

Ratings: Vampire Diaries, Sleepy Rise

The Vampire Diaries‘ half of this Friday’s crossover drew 1.17 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating, up 13 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

The Originals (1.06 mil/0.4) in turn grew 22 percent in audience while steady in the demo.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | The Amazing Race (5.8 mil/1.1) and My Cousin Hawaii Five-0 (8.2 mil/1.1) were steady, while Blue Bloods (10.3 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth.

FOX | Sleepy Hollow (3 mil/0.8) was up a tenth, while Second Chance (1.8 mil/0.5) slipped again to new lows.

ABC | Last Man Standing (6.9 mil/1.1) and Dr. Ken (5.2 mil/1.0) each dipped a tenth to tie season lows. Shark Tank (5.5 mil/1.2) slipped 12 and 25 percent to hit and tie Friday lows for the season.

1. Stacy says:

Good for Sleepy Hollow, really hoping for a fourth season. I watched TVD and TO simply for the crossover, those numbers are still not great though, even for the CW.

• JJ says:

Yeah agree. I watched for the crossover and honestly think at this point they should merge the two shows…that’s the only way either will survive.

• Maryann says:

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have very different story lines and locations, so it would be very hard to merge them without basically doing away with one of them. On the other hand, I definitely feel that if one or the other is cancelled, the main characters from the cancelled show should join the one that is left, at least on a recurring basis.

• zed says:

Yeah, TVD and TO should merge. The ratings are up, but still not bril. and it’s all cause they are doing the wrong ships. Klaroline got everyone buzzing. Bamon is the future magnet. There are great possibilites for new romantic interest for Stefan. I believe they can merge the storylines without any problems, just let the imagination work its magic. Better one great show, than two barely breathing.

• Julia says:

I have to agree. TVD’s story lines were less than thrilling this season add to that the bore fest of steroline and you get a lack luster S7. What they should’ve done was kept Kai (a real villain) added Bamon and someone new that had chemistry with Stefan. Now their only hope is to merge the two shows. Cancel one and cut out the excess and put only the mains on the other one.

• Carla Krae says:

They’re good for CW Fridays, which have been notoriously low except when Smallville and Supernatural was there.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Sleepy Hollow should do fine on Friday nights but I don’t know if it’s going to survive for another season.

3. Barbara says:

Sleepy Hollow is finally back to being enjoyable after 1.5 seasons of debacle. Plus, no sign of Betsy Ross was a definite plus. Hopefully, with the improvement in stories, another season will be forthcoming.

As for The Originals, it’s quite dark these days but no Cami (a plus) in this episode.

• Liza says:

I was glad there was no Cami either on TO either. I don’t care for the character and I feel like she really brings down the show, and I would rather watch the Mikaelsons duke it out with their sires instead. Was pleasantly surprised to have a episode free of her and it was a great one!!!

• Maryann says:

Cami is (or at least was before she got vamped) my favorite character on The Originals, so tastes differ.

• Sharon says:

This was the first time I watched TO live, just because of the crossover and any potential Caroline mention. Was so happy that it was a Cami free episode. She does nothing but bore me.

• MJo says:

I actually gave up the show last year because Cami irritates me so much. But I had to watch this one for Klaroline so I was so happy she wasn’t a part of it. Some of the upcoming stuff looks interesting (Kol! And I’m kind of in love with Lucien) so I may just DVR and fast forward through her scenes.

4. Shaun says:

The Originals had a great episode,much better than VD since they had Stefan the whole episode.

5. kmw says:

Good for Sleepy Hollow. Even though their numbers aren’t great it seems to be stabilizing. Still don’t know if it will make it but I hope it will

6. Shahirah says:

I agree with Julia said. If TVD keep Kai as added villain (since we still got Gemini decendants on Caroline’s womb and why they dont die?) It will be more intersting if Kai and Heretics are working together. Instead of giving Damon grieving scenes kill almost entire season. And then, kill off reltionship between Enzo Caroline, Caroline Bonnie. They should ended Damon x coffin at episode 2@3 and build up Bamon. Apparently, this season 7 s.l doesnt makes any sense. I dont wanna start but the only great about this season are Bamon/Defan scenes. Others than that boring and ridiculous. Tbh I love Enzo, but Enzo and Bonnie? Why not build up Enzo and Val or Caroline?

7. Michelle says:

People are tired of Damon fawning over this coffin so they tuned out. The crossover brought in people because its finally something new from that dumb Elena in a coffin storyline. Klefan, Klaroline, and Bamon gave TVD an excitement that they lost from the beginning of the season. They could do so much if they weren’t so tied down by “if Nina comes back” crap. Just move on and start fresh. TO is definitely getting a new season but I’m not sure about TVD. Tbh they never should of done a spinoff. But yeah it would be great if the shows merged. Because a lot of people would tune in to see the Bamon and Klaroline dynamic.