Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz React to Bones' Final Season, Getting the 'Ending It Deserves'

If you’re bumming about Bonesrecently announced final season, try to find some solace in stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz‘s upbeat take on the news.

“This is for the fans! Thank you to everyone at Fox and of course [network co-chairmen] Dana [Walden] and Gary [Newman] — for all your support,” Boreanaz said in a statment. “Thank you to [executive producers] Hart [Hanson], Stephen [Nathan], Ian [Toynton], Michael [Peterson] and Jonathan [Collier]. Also to the crew and cast for their countless support along the way! And I couldn’t have done it without you, Emily!”

In case you were too busy cataloging old bones in the Jeffersonian’s back offices and didn’t hear the news, Fox announced on Thursday that the long-running procedural will wrap after its upcoming 12th season.

“I am thrilled the show will have the ending it deserves for all of our amazing, loyal fans!,” added Deschanel via statement.

1. Andrew Hass says:

The actors probably knew the end was coming for Bones sooner or later and they might see those 12 episodes next season as like a farewell gift to the fans.

• Susan Smith says:

I think they do. And I love FOX for giving the show and the fans the respect they deserve after 11 seasons.It repeats on TNT weekdays

2. Dennis says:

I am glad their ongoing legal battle about with the network and studio about previous $$$ unrewarded, did not affect the renewal decision… actually on second thought, it may have affected the cancellation decision 😅

Either way, glad that they can end the series with a satisfying conclusion!
    Now maybe David can do that long-gestating ANGEL movie with Joss Whedon 😬

• Groovycathers says:

I’m not sure the lawsuit made much of a difference. There had been rumblings since the end of season 9 that 10 might be the last, then 11 – so I think the show was on borrowed time unfortunately. I’d love to see an Aubrey spin-off that may give us the opportunity for some guest appearances…? ;)

• nina says:

That would be awesome. I would love to see how that last, huge battle ended, him becoming a real boy again, and Buffy and he together again, as it should be. But, that’s just me.

• CINDY TOLL says:

WHAT IF ME AND DAVID BOREANAZ ACT OUT THE STORY ABOUT BUFFY AND ANGEL TOGETHER FOR A MOVIE I WOULD DO IT BECAUSE I CAN ACT LIKE BUFFY AND I SOUND LIKE SARAH MISHELL GILLER AS BUFFY SUMMER I KNOW HER LINE BY HEART I KNOW SHE HOW SHE FEEL ABOUT ANGEL I HAVE TELENT I HAVE A PASSION FOR FOR KISSING ANGEL I LOVE TO KISS ANGEL AND STAND A NIGHT WITH ANGEL I AM PART OF ANGEL’S LIFE I AM LIKE ANGEL

3. Couch Mom says:

Have loved Bones since the beginning. Will be sad to see it go but glad that they will get a proper ending.

4. Elizabeth Escobar says:

5. Elizabeth Escobar says:

So happy to hear although it will be sad to see the show end. One thought, have you and Boranz thought about teaming up for a different show? Maybe a Western? I would love to see you guys together in another show

• kmw says:

Wouldn’t it be nice if they did another show together, but that is probably a long shot. At least we are getting a proper send off. Thanks again to David and Emily for a great run and I will definitely miss seeing them on screen together.

6. Teresa says:

I’m hoping we also get the resolution regarding Zack Addy

7. Sally shires says:

such great news I am delighted.

8. LIly says:

i LOVE david and emily and the entire cast and crew for doing this for US. because they didn’t have to do this final season, they could have ended it this year, or last year, with everything fox have put them through, it’s wonderful how kind they are for giving the show, characters and us the fans a proper final season!

9. Adam Clifton says:

They should do a cliffhanger ending for the show anyway. Just to piss off the fans for the rest of their lives lol

10. Travis McIntyer says:

Im so sad 4 this news!! I do hope the Get 1 last panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Ive missed the last couple of years but i will make it a point to go if the have 1!!!

11. shelley says:

ohhhhh I am so disappointed I LOVE BONES whatever will I watch now Bones, Mike and Molly wha’ts next

12. lucy brewer says:

So glad there’s one more season.Sur will miss it though. Thanks to all cast and crew for a great show. Love it.Thank God for reruns.

13. wjsc says:

Playing out as expected. The show had a great run, but it’s time. Thanks for the memories Bones Cast & Crew! :-)

14. Bob Coffield says:

Was a good long run sad to see it go.hopeful they will do a reuinion in a few yrs. I have watched from the very first episode.

15. Emma says:

David and Emily I am a big fan of Bones and all it cast ,so glad it get to go out on top.

16. mazel tov says:

Stopped watching a couple of years ago. “Bones” is still the same socially clueless person she was when the series started. Yes she got married and had a child but she remains unaware of the larger world around her.

Pauly Perrette (Abby Sciuto) on NCIS suffers from the same problem. No social growth. It’s “Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs” and Caf-Pow. Same personality for 13 years.

• LIly says:

that’s not true and never was

• Jake says:

You’re correct about NCIS – ZERO character development. That’s why I stopped watching. Bones, a little less so – they did get married, after all.

• kmw says:

Its too bad you stopped watching because Brennan has been learning and growing the ENTIRE series. There is a big difference from Brennan season one to Brennan season 11 and Emily Deschanel has played her just right. I am really going to miss watching Booth and Brennan together

17. Vicki says:

Such a great show! Hate to see it end… Love it and the cast! So great together …

18. Art Ist says:

It should have ended 2 seasons ago.

• LIly says:

I won’t apologize for being rude in this case, but who asked you? This is totally not the place or time to have comments like this. There are millions of people who still love the show and are glad they’ve gotten more seasons. Let us have it. It’s a big thing for a lot of people, don’t ruin it for everybody.

19. It will e sad to see it end you become part of their families its an awesome group of people i love this show i have watched it from the beginning season 1 til now 5 or 6 times i love the show an the people on it. i laughed an cried with them. ty for all the shows.

20. Wally Staggs says:

I haven’t watched Bones in four or five years; however I will watch the final season… it’s always good to say, “so long.”

21. Aurélie Antoine says:

J’espère que cette douzième saison rendra hommage aux fans, mais aussi aux acteurs exceptionnels !

22. elmerbling says:

12 years is a real good run. One of my most favorite shows, but the stories felt a bit dragging the last couple of seasons. Knowing beforehand that it will be the last season will be good for the fans and show.

23. About time. The show has been dying for years. Ever since Fox tried imposing some boring political agenda on what used to be a funny, well written show.

24. Jeff Muetz says:

While the show is still good, its never been as good as it was before the bones-booth hookup a couple of seasons ago. I’m glad they are getting a chance to end the show right!

25. Joanne says:

OMG, I LOVE this show sooooooo much. I cannot imagine it not being on. At least I have seasons 11 and 12 to look forward to. Then I guess i will have to survivie on re-runs. In reading the other comments posted, the legal battle slipped past me. Whatever the resaons for ending the series, I hope they do it justice. I will TRULY MISS THIS SERIES.

26. Tim says:

I stopped watching Bones years ago because I didn’t know what night it was on!

27. Luis says:

Do you know how few series last twelve seasons? Has Fox had a dramatic series last even ten seasons? “Bones” has had a tremendous run, thanks mainly to it’s cast. They, along with fans, deserved the opportunity for a proper sendoff.

28. Gregory says:

Oh man, should love to see Zach, king of the lab again! Was always hoping they would find a way to bring him back.

29. Wicked17 says:

I love David and Emily together! They will be missed! I’d watch these two in something new!!
    Yea Bones!!

30. Sharon says:

I have been with you all since Season One. I will miss you, but know it is time (and I still get to watch the reruns). Wishing all the people at “Bones” the Best. Thanks for all these years of excellence.

31. Manny says:

I loved this show from the beginning. But I feel that the quality of the story lines has been weaker the last few seasons. The show.should have ended last year. I hope that the quality of 12 season is as good as the beginning. What can they do to finish this show off with a big send off? I hope that they don’t kill off another major character.

32. So glad we get 12 more show, this has been a really great show.

33. Calama Aksar says:

Sorry it’s coming to an.end I have enjoyed every episode I am going to.miss it.I also love all the characters

34. Gloria says:

I can belief Bones will be over after Season 12. I have been a loyal fan since day 1 and it is so sad that I am in tears after reading that they are going to cancel Bones. It is a very interesting show and it is very variable. From my understanding, they should review the rating of other shows and continue with the production of Bones. I love Boreanaz and Emily.

35. Bonnie Murphy says:

No, don’t end Bones, it’s the best on TV!

36. Elizabeth Johnston says:

I just wish it could continue on as it is one of my most favorite shows. I guess I’ll just have to watch reruns on Netflix or Shomi if it’s on there. I’m really going to miss it, as I missed Sweets.

37. Lois Batchelor says:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

38. Lois Batchelor says:

I hate to hear that this is the last season. I have watched the show faithfully from the start and look forward to the coming episodes.

39. Lavina Jones says:

I hate losing my favorite show . I hope the last show will have all the regulars especially Miss Julian, the ADA. May the name wrong, but love the character. I’m also hoping that it’ll leave everyone hoing on with business & not splitting up. Let them ride off into the sunset as a team.

40. MATT LEONARD says:

IF DAVID AND EMILY ARE NOT GOING CONTINUE, USE DIFFENET CHARACTORS TO PLAY THERE PARTS

41. SANDY FITZSIMONDS says:

THERE ARE SO FEW GOOD SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE ON TV ANY MORE THAT IT IS A SHAME IT IS ENDING…

42. rachel ann fugate says:

i am so sad to hear that this is going to be the last season they will be missed and i will watch the old ones over and over. i wish i could know where to purchase all 12 seasons so i have them to play over at home . i f anyone knows i would love to know where to go to puirchase them.

• J B Tyler says:

I have purchased the first 9 years at Amazon. The price goes down after a couple seasons. I truly will miss the show. Wondered what happened. Fox, they have a contract, pay the money.

43. Sarah says:

I love Bones and I admit it will be very sad when you finish but … How good is already known that the 12th season will be the end because if only they had canceled suddenly and with an inconclusive ending would be sad but as you know that season 12 is the final season and will make a worthy end of the series but only 12 episodes do not convince me!

44. Cts says:

Bones has been the most entertaining show ever..I will miss Emily and David as I think they are the best co- stars and certainly the most believable…my hope is that they team up again for another show but on a network that is worthy of their great acting ability…

45. Cts says:

Bones is by far the best entertaing show ever. Emily and David are fabulous co-stars and make their characters so believable…my hope they do another show together on a network that appreciates their great acting ability…after all the money the show made for Fox they really gave them a run around…Sa for all Bones fans.

46. Connie Petty says:

I will miss this show so much! It’s been excellent! I’ve been a fan since Day One. I love all the actors and their characters. I’ve loved David B. since Buffy, loved Angel and now to have to say goodbye… so sad! What great friends they all must be. I hope to see you all in something new that I can get hooked on! I will miss you all!

47. Judi says:

Wonder if they will bring Zach Addy back for the final season?? Hope they do!!

48. GRACE GARNER says:

I will be very disappointed to see this show end but have great hope that TNT will continue to run the show as they have from beginning of series to the most recent episodes. I find myself planning the day around its viewing time. I really love the episodes that were done in different time periods. I’ve been watching David Boreanaz since Buffy as Angel. Admire your talent. And Emily has such a unique beauty without appearing to let it “go to her head”. I admire that as well. All my life various people have said that of me but I’ve never believed them. The Bones staff is a great group of talent. Please keep me on your friends list.

49. Peggy Hamburg says:

This has been a most fabulous series and I will miss new episodes. On the bright side, the reruns are still crazy good!

50. Carol Brabbit says:

Its so sad, I love Bones. Will miss it alot.Thanks for the awesome episodes.