Erinn Hayes Kevin James Cast

Erinn Hayes to Play Kevin James' Dedicated Wife in CBS Comedy

Kevin James, meet your new missus.

Childrens Hospital‘s Erinn Hayes has been cast in the King of Queens star’s new CBS comedy, TVLine has learned.

Hayes will play Donna, who has been married to James’ character for 20 years and has been keeping the family running until her husband retires from the police force.

The multi-cam sitcom — which received a 13-episode order from CBS, is slated to debut during the 2016-17 season and does not yet have a title — finds James playing a retired cop looking forward to spending more quality time with his wife and three kids, only to discover he faces a tougher time at home than he did on the streets.

Taylor Spreitler (Melissa & Joey) also has been cast in the series as Hayes and James’ college-age daughter.

In addition to Childrens’ Hospital, Hayes’ TV work includes Parks and RecreationGuys With Kids, New Girl, Parenthood  and Everwood.

1. Scott21 says:

WHEN IN THE WORLD A WOMAN LIKE HER MARRIED TO A MAN LIKE KEVIN JAMES??? Hollywood is sick…

2. Rob says:

These men in Hollywood keep getting older and fatter and their love interests stay the same hotness and age. I don’t want to live in a world where Kevin James gets this girl.

3. Emmy says:

I love Erinn Hayes, but I have a hard time buying she is old enough to be a parent of college age student and married to him for twenty years. I just learned she is almost forty. She is great though, so I’m excited.

And having Kevin James in a TV role once more exciting. He was amazing back on King of Queens.

4. Mik says:

Erinn Hayes is so funny in those TVLine clips from Comic Con! I hope this goes well for her.

5. misery chick says:

Have you SEEN Kevin James’ wife IRL?!? Steffiana De La Cruz is gorgeous! They’ve been married for awhile and have four daughters.

As for Erinn, she was in one of my favorite shows ever that was cancelled WAY too soon, “Worst Week Ever” also with Kurtwood Smith, Nancy Lenehan and (sigh) Kyle Bornheimer. I know a lot of people ignored/didn’t like the show, BUT for unknown reasons that show made me laugh until I puked…or worse 😳 I felt the actors were amazing and really sold the show’s absurdities & OTT plots.
    Sigh again.

6. Roni says:

Yuck. Erinn Hayes is so much better than this dreck. Depressing.

7. BillyBobJohnson says:

When she gets on set, she should pay attention to where Jane’s is at all times. He may just swallow her whole.

8. Joey says:

I’ve never understood what is so appealing about what this sitcom will likely be about: Overweight, not particularly attractive, incompetent, and lazy husband paired with thin, attractive, nagging and shrill but competent wife.

9. regs16 says:

give me a break! so tired of these sitcoms

10. Will says:

Hopefully Leah Remini will guest star! They could have brought her in as in wife again similar to how Cosby (CBS show) did with Phylicia Rashad playing his Bill’s wife again. I would have tuned in..