The View Renewed Season 20

The View Renewed for Season 20

Barbara Walters’ daytime dynasty lives on.

ABC has renewed gabfest The View for a 20th season, TVLine confirmed Tuesday.,  reported Tuesday.

Though the show’s panel — Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Paula Faris, Candace Cameron-Bure, Michelle Collins and Raven-Symone — remains unchanged,  interim showrunner Candi Carter (The Oprah Winfrey Show) has been named the show’s first African-American executive producer.

Our sister site Variety first reported the renewal. Season 20 will begin airing this fall.

Thoughts on The View‘s renewal? Think there’ll be another panel shake-up? Sound off in the comments!

1. Let it end!!! says:

Yuck!

• Min says:

Lose, Raven and Michelle and maybe I can stomach it again……..please!! Or at least one of them!! Lose Raven! She is AWFUL!

2. Haters gonna gate, but I still enjoy this show daily. Joy, Michelle, and Candace are fun to watch. (And I read the ratings are starting to improve a bit.)

3. kitsunesaru says:

Do you think they renewed mostly to get the 20 milestone?

4. Julia says:

Paula annoys me but I’m good with everyone else. Swap her with Sara Haines and it’s a solid group.

• Simon says:

Agree. There’s something about Paula. She’s kind of a dork, and not in a good way, if that makes sense. And then once she proclaimed how she rocks out to Creed, thinking it gave her cred. Many cringeworthy moments with her. Is Sara Haines the pregnant blonde? If so then yes she works really well. Or Sunny I believe her name is, would work but Sara first.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

ABC needs to put The View into retirement.

6. Jay says:

The panel will definitely change

7. misery chick says:

Drop Paula for Sarah Haines

Drop Candace for Michelle FULL TIME

DROP WHOOPI, SHE DOES**NOT**
    WANT TO BE THERE!!!!!!!

8. Ella Jasper says:

ABC is desperate for daytime TV. I think this show is a joke now. Quit watching when Nicolle left.

9. I like it when they do an hour of talking.

10. Candance is too mealy-mouthed–ditch here, Make Raven have at least almost real looking hair. Don’t change a thing about Whoopi or Joy PLEASE !

11. sue says:

I cannot believe it got renewed. I for one quit watching when I couldnt stand Raven anymore. Whoopie and Candace Are my favorites. ,But if Trump gets to be president and Whoopie leaves the US who will replace her ???.

12. rebel says:

I hope Whoopi, Michelle & joy return. Their make it worth watching. The rest are boring.
    Paula think she know it all. I was press the mute button whenever she or Candice add a comment.(their put to much cream on their tacos.) Their don’t get it, their is poor people that also watch the view.

13. arial2 says:

Love Whoopi and Joy. Wish they would have Stacy London on the show more often.

14. Cathy DAgostino says:

WHOPPI IS MY GIRL, I AGREE WITH HER ON MOST ALL OF THE ISSUES, SHE ROCKS AND JOY BRINGS A LOT OF FUN AND IS KNOWLEDGEABLE. YOU CAN SWITCH A FEW OF THE OTHERS. I WATCH EVERY DAY. THANKS BARBARA WALTERS.

15. S H says:

WHY? Whoop is always mad at someone and I get it…Blacks, African Americans, and what ever else? Glad to see Joy, she’s always a hoot..The rsest of the gals are fine for entertainment. Just tell Whoopi to chill, she has a great job. She use to to funny, not so much anymore. Too bad the show use to be fun..

16. arturo says:

Can the make Sara Haines a full time panelist? I feel like she brings a great energy to the show!

17. Paula faris has got to go she brings absolutely NOTHING to the show and when she talked about needing her husband to make a decision of her because she needed someone to think for her because she can’t think for herself sometimes? Girl really? That is an idiot in news reporters clothing.

18. Malissa R. says:

Man, this show just needs to go away. It’s just nothing but venom spewing.

19. Crikey.curtis says:

ABC really needs to find a more inspiring show, bashing anyone is so unbecoming. RAVEN SHOULD TRY TO SHOW EVERYONE WHAT SHE IS REALLY LIKE WITHOUT ALL THAT HORRENDOUS MAKE UP, I am one of the many who change the channel.

20. Marianne says:

No thanks. Only watched 15 minutes and turned it off. I’m not a poptart follower, and it’s not my cup of tea. Didn’t even know who the guest was.

21. Cheryl says:

OMG! Get these idiots off. I stopped watching them a long time ago. They are sooooo disgusting.

22. Roger says:

I used to watch this show a lot but ever since the election started these idiots all of a sudden are the most racist and bigoted people I have ever heard on a show.. I sure wont be watching this scum ever again.. You people have no idea what you’re doing.. Get new people on there..

23. BuffyKos says:

So happy that the View is coming back for Season 20. I look forward to it every day. Thanks ABC and the View!

24. Lj says:

This show is no longer healthy or entertaining. politically and spiritually one sided. I hope they are less influential than they think they are.

25. View lover says:

I agree with another commentator /
    Michelle and Raven have to go. Neither contributes anything of value to the panel discussions. Raven is very immature. Michelle is not well informed and is not very funny. I know Whoppi’s contract is up for renewal and get the sense that she is ready for a change and wants to leave so she should but she will be a huge loss. Paula and Candance have been great additions. Paula brings a wealth of knowledge about politics and current events, and she has worked hard to relax a little and be a little more open personally. I think the loss of Nicolle Wallace was huge and hard to overcome and wish she had been given more of a chance. She was blossoming also at the time the show let her go. But if the show is to survive, the panel needs to change again. Bring Sunny Hostin on full time – get rid of Raven and Michelle for sure. Sara Haines is a possibility but not in place of Paula. I’m sure it’s hard to get the personalities perfect on a show like this. But keep trying!!

26. Diane A. says:

Can’t believe this show is renewed – someone please tell firmer teacher joy behar to stop interrupting + talking over everyone else- her + whoopi’s opinions are NOT only ones we want to hear + their constant squelching of ( god forbid) opposing opinions is ridiculous + is making this show a joke -people like Paula farus + Jed shld leave thus show – their informed politic opinions are mocked,ignored,not respected by the under informed joy,Whoopi,sonny,+ ramen

27. June says:

Watched the Vew for years. No longer watch it. Because I feel Whoopi, Joy & Sunny are bullies & racist. Tire of them bashing Trump, proud to say I will vote for him. I now watch The Talk real respectful ladies.

28. Fran Tarson says:

If I could create the perfect cast, it would include Whoopi, Joy, Sara and Sonny for the intelligent but younger perspective and Candace and another right perspective. I like the balance. Please, please no Raven, Ms. Collins or Jedediah. Collins thinks she is really funny (not); Raven comes across ill-informed and is so inarticulate it is difficult to even understand her point of view and Jedediah? She is just plain annoying. I am a senior, have watched since its inception. I would really like to see Rosie back but guess she is just too much effort. She brings a warmth that the shows currently lacks. I will likely watch til it goes off the air, but I will say that the past five years have not been my favorite.. Good luck.

29. dottie says:

WHY???? DID THEY BRING JOY BAHAR BACK. SHE IS DISGUSTING, RUDE, AND
    TOO POLITICAL. RAVEN IS A JOKE ALSO. WE CAN TOLERATE WHOOPY. GET
    SOME NEW MATERIAL.

30. Cancel this hate mongering poor excuse of a show. It’s offensive, inaccurate, and NOT entertainment.

31. Valorie says:

Why is this show still on! Whoops & Rosie are disgusting! This show has to be a joke , right? Are ppl really that stupid?!!