Exclusive
Jessica Pare The Interestings Cast

Mad Men's Jessica Paré Joins Amazon Drama Pilot The Interestings

Jessica Paré just can’t get away from period dramas.

The Mad Men star has been cast in The Interestings, Amazon’s pilot about friends who meet at an arts camp in 1974 when they’re in their teens, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The potential series, based on Meg Wolitzer’s novel and starring Six Feet Under‘s Lauren Ambrose, follows the friends over the 30 years following their camp experience.

Paré will play Ash, a successful theater director and philanthropist who is harboring a secret from her husband.

Lyn Greene and Richard Levine (Nip/Tuck) penned the pilot and Mike Newell (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) is on board to direct.

In addition to Mad Men, Paré’s TV resume includes stints on Jack & BobbyLife and Satisfaction.

1. Ram510 says:

No thanks. I still not ready to see her in anything cause she bothered me so much on Mad Men

• anon says:

I never get comments like this to be honest. You realize actor =/= character, right? And now she’s playing a completely different one?

• Jomarch says:

I understood what the poster meant. It’s ironic you’re so condescending when you have reading comprehension deficits. Ram didn’t say the character bothered him, he (or she) said SHE bothered him. She bothered me too, with her wooden acting and lack of varying facial expressions. I have no desire to watch her again either.

2. Dennis says:

You mentioned Jack & Bobby, yay!!!

3. nabocane says:

The animosity toward the actress over a role she once played is so profoundly STUPID that it defies belief. Frankly, it makes me long for a time when the unfathomably STUPID didn’t have a voice via comment sections like this. I’d gladly give up my voice in this arena just to silence theirs.

• cp1945 says:

She is just a terrible actress, with zero likeability. Nothing to do with the role itself.

• Jomarch says:

Please give up your voice as your ranting is stupid. Why are you assuming people don’t like her because of her character rather than the fact she’s a bad actress.? You’re not only more intelligent than everyone else, you can read minds?