Exclusive

Madam Secretary Video: Elizabeth Gets Some Very Bad News About Henry

When Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord — aka the personification of grace under pressure — starts to crumble, you know things are bad.

And that’s certainly the case in this exclusive sneak peek at Sunday’s Madam Secretary (CBS, 8/7c), which finds Henry in the hospital suffering from radiation poisoning, thanks to his proximity to the dirty bomb detonated in last week’s episode.

In the clip, Elizabeth all but begs Henry’s doctor to tell her that he’ll be fine… and the physician kindly but firmly refuses to do so until they can ascertain how long Henry was in harm’s way.

And if he was exposed to the radiation too long? “There’s nothing else we can do,” the doc tells a devastated Elizabeth.

Press PLAY on the video below to watch Madam Secretary nearly lose her stuff, then hit the comments: Do you think Henry will make it?

1. Jason says:

I’m sure it will make for great drama but we can all be certain they won’t kill Henry. That would pretty much kill the show.

• wrstlgirl says:

Agreed. This show is kind of a hit and miss for me. Some episodes are really good and others bore me to death, lol. Last week’s ep was definitely spot on.

2. Vicky says:

OMG! I can’t wait. BEST SHOW EVER. And Téa’s reaction is spot on. I can feel her pain through the screen.

3. David says:

So I really like this show but I have to say every week I watch this really makes me miss The West Wing!

4. John Davis says:

What a great actress!

5. Jason Paul says:

Love this show. The McCord’s relationship is truly the heart. No way Henry can die.

6. Thanh says:

Henry and Elizabeth’s relationship is one of the best parts of this show. Looking forward to this episode!

7. they really have amazing chemistry together so much more so than tim daily did with Amy Brennemen on private practice…

8. Ash says:

I do hope he does. This show is fantastic. I just wish we didn’t have such a delay in episodes in the UK

9. Helen Cairns says:

Excellent show. I’m sure Henry will survive! It’s a shame we are so far behind in the UK. I do hope it’s renewed for a third season so we can see the characters and relationships grow. Chemistry is excellent. As good as West Wing!

10. Claude Dubois says:

Soooo…. here we go again. Canada was falsely blamed for somehow allowing the 9-11 bombers into the U.S.A. Now, of course, this bomber would have come through Canada again. It was entirely unnecessary to the storyline.