Star Trek New TV Series

Chicago Law Retains Philip Winchester

Philip Winchester is once again a player at NBC.

The actor has closed a deal to star in Chicago Law, the latest tentacle of NBC’s exploding Windy City-set franchise, Deadline reports.

The proposed spinoff, the seeds of which were planted in a recent episode of Chicago P.D., is slated to launch sometime next season.

Winchester is coming off of NBC’s short-lived drama The Player. He’s also being eyed to star in a big-screen continuation of his late Cinemax series Strike Back.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Well that’s a no brainer, I’M IN!!!! Although I’d still love to see him do a guest spot on Blindside :-)

2. Murica! says:

I actually liked the Player. It was a fun action packed show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Totally agree but I’m disappointed that a lot of people dislike it whether it was the premise of the series or the casting especially Wesley Snipes.

• KayCeeCee says:

I liked the Player too, but there were a lot of things needed to improve it. Hopefully this show is a better vehicle for Winchester.

• PatriciaLee says:

It was wonderful, with the husband on the edge of the couch for every fight move by Wesley Snipes. The husband considers him one of the best, which is a very high complement, indeed. Maybe, Snipes can be the undercover investigator cia somethingorother.

• Lola says:

I really enjoyed the Player as well. I was excited that Wesley Snipes was making a comeback as well. He was great in that role. It was a fast paced, exciting show. I am bummed that NBC and/or the public couldn’t see the potential it had. I would love to see a Strike Back movie as well.

3. Nicole says:

Awwwwwwwww yeah! Glad he’s getting another shot on NBC.

4. Josh says:

Hope they bring in Rachel Nichols for some eye candy lol

5. NM says:

Really hoping they bring back a Law and Order fan-favourite to star in this series given that the worlds are linked.

6. grumpy4life says:

Charity Wakefield available to play one of the lawyers? She’d definitely make one heck of a lawyer…a mini “The Player” reunion…..

7. Sarah D says:

*Be still my heart* Best news this week! I really loved the Player and Strike Back.

8. danoregon says:

Don’t know if it’s a dirty secret or not, but you often see networks use actors in failed series quickly. I’m thinking that the initial series deal includes a guarantee and they want to get value.

9. James D says:

Outstanding. I need naught hear more I’m totes down. love Philip Winchester and I love the Chicago shows. great news

10. Welcome Back Winchester says:

I’ve never gotten into the Chicago franchises but I’ve got a reason to walk the lawyer version now. Happy Philip Winchester is back….. still wishes it were as The Player though. Welcome back Mr. W. (Looking forward to that movie since Strike Back was so good0

11. Tori says:

What’s a Dick Wolf show about lawyers without Alex Cabot. Bring in Stephanie March to reprise her role ASAP. She’s only the most fierce and most beloved ADA in the whole L&O universe.

12. Pati says:

ummm not sure how I feel about this news. I love Phillip Winchester I really want to see him in a successful show. I don’t want him stuck on a law and order type show where there is no character development and every week is just a different case. He is better than that. The only plus would be seeing him every week in a suit <3

• Lola says:

I agree…I don’t think this is utilizing his talents to the fullest. Oh, well. I am happy for him to get a new show, though.

13. ququ says:

Should stay in Springfield, prosecuting drunk Homer.