X-Files Revival Finale Photos: Reyes Returns... But Where's Mulder?

We know, we know, “Trust no one,” but you can believe us on this: Mulder will appear in the final episode of The X-Files revival.

However, there is noreal photographic evidence to back that up (not even fuzzy shots taken with a misfiring camera app) in this batch of new pics from Monday’s finale (Fox, 8/7c).

What we do see: Scully, Miller and Einstein racing the clock as people across the country become sick with a mysterious, dire illness. Agent Reyes making her first (and last) appearance in the revival. Scully looking simultaneously super pensive and smokin’ hot. (Yet not like this.)

Per the episode’s official synopsis, Mulder spends the hour confronting “the man whom he believes to be behind it all.” (Gotta be CSM, right?)

Click through the gallery below to get your first look at the final hour, then hit the comments: Would you watch if Fox re-upped The X-Files for another revival season?

1. Uh, Mulder is in that picture with Agent Miller.

2. pileobunnies says:

I really hoped those clone agents were only in the one episode. If they really do end up doing a spin-off that doesn’t involved Mulder and Scully, I shan’t be a happy camper.

3. Toni says:

Would most definitely love another season!! (Provided it’s with Mulder and Scully- don’t even think about replacing them!!)

4. ? says:

I thought Miller and Einstein were supposed to be a joke? Which was fun, but it kills the joke if they reappear. Also, while I hope this means we get some answers on where Reyes and Doggett have been, I really would much rather see Doggett than Reyes, who I don’t think the fandom at large ever liked.

5. Longmire4evr says:

I will not watch X-Files without Mulder and Scully. I hope we get more Mulder/Scully episodes in the future. Excited to see Reyes. Been enjoying Doggett on Scorpion. I liked Agent Miller really well. However, Einstein was not my cup of tea.

6. opus says:

Bring us another (much longer) season with Mulder and Scully! Please, FOX, renew X-Files now!!!

• Alaia says:

No. Haha. I want them to come back, but not for a longer season. 10 episodes maybe. Network needs to follow cable and streaming’s lead and do shorter seasons with more impact. I want 10 GREAT epsiodes, not 22 I could live without. There’s so much filler on most shows when the seasons are that long.

7. Denise says:

Big fan of XFiles. So happy it’s back in 2016. Interesting story lines and enjoy the addition of Einstein and Miller. Really hoping the show is renewed for more seasons. My young daughter had started watching series on Netflix. I’m so happy we have a show to enjoy together.

8. Ilene H. says:

Yes I would watch the series. In fact I stopped watching TV when the X-Files went off the air. Just felt nothing could top it. Now my husband and I are watching this mini-series together. Wish they would renew it!

9. renew the series,and put it back on Sunday nights at 10 PM Eastern

10. Nick Stathas says:

I can’t understand how there can be any question about bringing this show back with full seasons of episodes. The garbage that is on TV today mandates it! Oh yeah, PAY Scully what she is worth.

11. kris says:

This has been absolutely brilliant! Bring them back, please!!!!!!!

12. Zoe says:

[sees headline] [has Season 9 flashbacks] Not this again…

13. oneorganizedbusiness says:

That was a disappointing Reyes comeback for me. I’m not buying it.