Exclusive

American Idol Video: Olivia Rox Covers 'Confident' — Will She Advance?

“What’s wrong with bein’ confident?”

It’s a question Demi Lovato has been belting through our radios for months, and now American Idol‘s Olivia Rox is following suit in this exclusive look at her Top 24 performance (airing tonight at 8/7c on Fox).

The question for judges Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr., of course, is whether or not the 17-year-old has reason for any kind of bravado — since they’re the ones who’ll decide whether she advances to next week’s Top 14 performance episode.

Press PLAY above for the full performance, then hit the comments and predict Olivia’s fate!

1. Timmah says:

She appears to be the Chosen One this season, so of course she’s going to advance.

2. jr. says:

If they released this ahead of time, they must think she’s good. Hoping this clip will lure viewers into tuning in tonight’s show. But for me, it’s disappointing. I keep hoping they’ll have a real show stopping contestant. But as for now, only LaPorsha even comes a little close.

• rafaelzzz says:

IMO this was better than LaPorsha. But it wasn’t amazing. Keith gave Olivia a standing O though.

• Puchinsmom says:

Noticed Keith’s standing ovation too, and think it’s a good indication that she will advance. He’s been on his feet several times this year. I don’t always agree with him, but I like his enthusiasm!

3. Guilherme Santos says:

I LOVED IT and I´m not fan of Demi songs. Already better than all the solos from last week IMO, and this is just the tip of the iceberg with Olivia (if you hear her covers on youtube, you will know what I´m talking about).
    I hope that people and the judges give this girl credit for her artistry , despister her not being a WGWG, cause shes taking more risks than most of them. So, lets hope producers gives Harry a better script this week that doesnt go against the wisdom he usually show of, like letting him tell a contestant that sings that harmony of the song that he took the song to another place for example.

• Larry fries says:

You are absolutely correct about Olivia oh my god she can sing are videos on YouTube are out of sight I want to know what love is with their dad Warren Hill in Seoul Korea I believe she will win American Idol if the people fall in love with her

4. Brandon says:

Wow, she sounded amazing! But she looked a little wonky. She’ll be great with experience and age.

• Larry fries says:

Nonsense she had the best voice on that show see on YouTube Olivia has written 300 songs opens with her world famous dad sax man Warren hill I’m an old drummer she ain’t wonky whatever that means you ain’t seen anything yet watch her song 27 angels on YouTube

5. Shaun says:

There’s something odd about her voice,like she’s trying to sound like Demi or something.

6. DELETED says:

DELETED

7. rafaelzzz says:

She’s good. But the song is terrible. I hope she’s smarter with her choices in the top 10.

8. JayNC says:

As we learned from last week, the judges have already made up their minds so how well or poorly she performs will make absolutely no difference.

• JayNC says:

Now that I have actually seen her performance, I thought she was the best of the night and the judges agree so I guess she is in. I thought the judges overpraised Dalton so he must be in too but was just so so for me. Lee and Shelbie should also advance but who knows?

9. Florence+TheMachineRulez!!! #TeamMariah says:

OLIVIA ROX SNATCHED MY LIFE!!! 😍👏🙏😁😱🙌😭🖖

10. TinLV says:

Oh, who are we kidding ? I predict now that top two at the end will be Olivia and Dalton.. but when the voting starts, it won’t matter if Olivia outsings Dalton every week, the cute guy always wins ( Lee over Crystal, for example, or Phillip over Jessica ). It doesn’t pay to get invested in a female singer on this show because they rarely win, no matter how good they are.. and Olivia is very good.