THE MINDY PROJECT -- "When Mindy Met Danny" Episode 413 -- Pictured: (l-r)  -- (Photo by: Jordan Althaus/NBC)

Mindy Project Sets Midseason Return

Man, it took Mindy a long time to measure her old apartment.

After a four-month hiatus, The Mindy Project will return for the second half of Season 4 on April 12, series creator/star Mindy Kaling tweeted Tuesday.

The last time we saw Dr. Lahiri, she had crept out of bed and returned to her single gal apartment, where she checked to make sure her old closet was big enough to serve as son Leo’s nursery. Though Mindy was back by Danny’s side before the closing credits, the move certainly felt like she was seriously considering ending things with Dr. C.

When the Hulu comedy returns, it does so with Season 4 addition Fortune Feimster — who plays Jody’s nurse sister, Colette — as a series regular.

Looking forward to Mindy‘s return? Sound off in the comments!

1. Yay, I can’t wait to see them screw up Danny some more. But no seriously, please fix it.

2. Rose says:

This has got to be related to Chris Messina’s movie with Ben Affleck going over schedule, right???? The cast had originally said it’d be back in February! It doesn’t look like he’s been on set at all yet but they’ve filmed a bunch of episodes. Any word on when he is coming back and if there will be more episodes without him??

• Allee says:

Since they’ve filmed some but are airing none for months, I’d guess they filmed non-Danny scenes and are going to add him in. Anyway glad it’s coming back at some point, presumably with Chris Messina or they wouldn’t have waited this long.

3. ABG says:

Not loving this season, but good news about the return date.

4. Matt C. says:

Finally! I’ve been missing my weekly dose of Mindy.

5. nadialus says:

I’ve never loved Danny but I’ve never minded him in the past. This season I hate him and am hoping that they have Mindy leave him.

6. LB says:

Finally! I was so sad without Mins in my life! Can’t wait until April! 😄

7. Reagan says:

What a great present to me for my show to come back on my birthday

8. Reese says:

We have to wait two more months? :( I have to say the past couple episodes were a little too heartbreaking for my taste. I want Mindy more carefree.

9. Chaosrainz says:

The Hulu move was initially pretty great with some of the funniest writing I’d seen on the show so far, but the whole, let’s turn Dr. C. Into a douchebag was way off the mark for me. Mindy finally got her man and he needs to stick around. Let’s not turn this into a “Ross n Rachel” scenario.

• Stargazer 28 says:

Really agree with Chaosrainz!!! Not at all keen on the sharp turn of Dr C to the Dark side. Contemplating not watching rest series or at least waiting to end to decide.

• katrina says:

I agree with you. I can’t understand the plot. She wanted o be married with a family and now it looks like she is throwing it away. I believe women can have a career and family. We don’t have to pick one or the other. We can do both.

10. Angela says:

I love the Mindy Project. Especially when Danny and Mindy got together. They are a great couple. Mindy got her man. I didn’t like the tension between them in the last couple of episodes though. I want to see whatever was going on fixed and their relationship work out right away. Danny and Mindy should most definitely stay together and get married. :0)

• Barbara says:

I’d feel like wasted my time if after following this couple for more than 3 years and a baby they split. It might as well have ended after season 2.I hope they stay together.

11. madamX says:

Danny belittled Mindy in almost every episode but we have been trained to see that as charming. I love that Mindy is learning to see him as the jerk he has been from the beginning. In an early episode he told her her outfit would look better if she lost fifteen pounds. Would you encourage your best friend to stay with a guy like that? He couldn’t make up his mind about her until she was pregnant and then he started to get really controlling. I love that the series seems to have Mindy standing up for herself and moving on. If they stay together he should get help for his issues and learn to respect her.

12. Lucie Armstrong says:

can you put all of season 4 on amazon please?