grammys-2016-best-worst-photos

Grammys 2016: The 20 Best, Worst and Undeniably Wackiest Moments

Justin Bieber’s guitar-smash fail. Kendrick Lamar’s fiery triumph. Tori Kelly’s incredible understatement.

For better or worse, these were among the unforgettable moments of the 2016 Grammys, but in terms of sheer, head-scratching weirdness, none of ’em could hold a candle to Sofia Vergara dressed up like… a sexy taxi?

Yes indeed, we watched all 1,974 minutes of the Grammys telecast — OK, OK, it only lasted three-and-a-half hours — and gathered the best, the worst and the ones that still have us undecided into one handy gallery.

Check out the images below — or click here for direct access — to see our Grammy highlights/lowlights, then hit the comments and tell us where we got it right, what we flubbed and which moments we egregiously left out.

1. Kim Moores says:

We gon’ act like Kendrick ain’t give a stellar performance tonight? Oh.

2. Mak says:

*eyeroll* …so predictable
    Why am I not surprised by all the negativity & cattiness in this list…Christ!

3. Montavilla says:

Spot on, Michael. Thank you especially for reminding me of Little Big Town’s gorgeous performance.

4. AngelWasHere says:

The whole show was boring as hell. Too much country and too many slow songs. Changed on the last hour. I don’t know why I waste my time watching these things.

• NJMark says:

You can never have too much country! Although I’m tired of hearing about the “controversy” over “Girl Crush.” Billboard Mag. showed how it was MANUFACTURED, and LBT has been riding that wave ever since. (And it’s a horrible song!)

• flutiefan says:

not enough country!

5. jeff says:

I didn’t watch the Grammys but I laughed out loud at “…dressed like a sexy taxi”.

6. jar says:

I love that Taylor Swift is talking about feminist issues, but it would be even better if she’d actually back it up with action. How many other women were up on stage to accept that award? As far as I could see, she was surrounded by men; the same men she thanked in her acceptance speech. She (above most women in the music industry) has the power she talks about, does she actually have other women working with her?

• Lucifer says:

It’s not a “feminist issue,” to tell people that working hard and staying true to your work, along with having good friends and family is what gains success. Claiming that it’s somehow only difficult for women is how Swift turned it into a feminist issue. It’s not like we’ve heard this type of speech from others before either.

Your statement about her not being pro-women because her collaborators and the people she thanked were men is garbage. She works with people that will be good with her and help her become successful. Working with people based on their gender is completely ignorant along with demanding it.

7. JB says:

That was the WORST Grammys in over a decade! Holy crap… And the biggest offenders? … Everything Taylor Swift. Terrible performance, fake gratitude, annoying fake surprise. Just dreadful…

• Emma says:

I really wish she had stayed country, at least then I could listen to the radio and not be subjected to her weak voice singing her vapid and annoying songs three times an hour. Radio really is bought and paid for by the “artists” who have managed to sell a lot of records, which in her case I can’t understand for the life of me. Everything about her is so bleeping contrived.

8. Terry says:

It’s supposed to be an award show, yet only a handful of awards are given on the broadcast with the rest to be found by going to the Grammy website. Very disappointing show, starting to resemble the People’s Choice awards, where the winners are notified so they will be there to accept.

9. My favorite moment was Chris Stapleton, Gary Clark Jr. and Bonnie Raitt’s “The Thrill is Gone” tribute to bb king. It was incredible.

10. Turtle says:

Where is Reality Check?

• Amy says:

Yes, I too logged on to see where Reality Check was.
      Though at one time it used to be “must-see” for me, I stopped caring about the Grammy’s about 15 years ago. Still love music…but the awards shows have just gotten to be overblown, hyped up marketing vehicles for mostly bad music. I know, “bah-humbug”…but whatever, to whoever enjoyed it, great.
      So….when IS Reality Check, due?!!

11. Carol says:

WORST GRAMMY SHOW EVER !!!

12. Rafael says:

Kendrick Lamar rules the night with most both nominations and wins!

13. Vighorois says:

Pitbull to close out the show? Why? Does Grammy think it’s AMA? Or they couldn’t book LMFAO? LOL

14. Mary says:

Tory Kelley and James Bay that is all. I also liked Gaga tribute, but wish it was on earlier. I turned it off after that because quite frankly I wasn’t impress with the show.

15. evababy says:

I only watched to see Hamilton. Cuz, dude that is the closest I will come to a ticket without selling a few organs.

The telecast was a bloated mess that produced a few good nuggets: Brittany Howard & Alabama Shakes! Kendrick Lamar! Hamilton (plue Lin-Manuel Miranda rapping his acceptance!) and the BB King tribute. Everything else was a dire miss.

16. Pati says:

The show was so boring, nothing saved, there was no saving this show. Rihanna would have not improved it either. I would say the best performance was Tory Kelly and the girl crush song. The rest was just terrible.

17. Sarah says:

I’m showing my age, but The Eagles, Lionel Richie and Bonnie Raitt were my favorite parts of the show. So so good. I really liked Tori Kelly and James Bay, too. I’m not super familiar with either of them, but they made me a fan last night.

18. lindae5o says:

Very dull Grammy show, IMO. Liked the B.B. King tribute though. Fascinated by The Weeknd’s weird hairdo. Justin Bieber: Lose the backwards baseball cap, already !!!

19. Ronnie says:

Justin Bieber “dressed in a leopard blouse from the Teresa Giudice Collection.” This is why I love this site. LOL

20. guest says:

The Alabama Shakes were fabulous!