Scott Porter Scorpion

Scorpion: FNL's Scott Porter to Recur — Will He Throw a Wrench in 'Waige'?

Scott Porter is really going to need clear eyes and a full heart for his next gig.

The Friday Night Lights vet has been tapped to recur on Scorpion, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Porter will appear as Tim Armstrong, a former prom king, football captain (perhaps as the starting quarterback for the Dillon Panthers?) and Navy SEAL who was injured in action. Tim is Cabe’s new trainee, courtesy of Homeland Security, and Walter’s not quite sure how to process this new, handsome addition to Team Scorpion — especially when he sees that Paige finds Tim intriguing.

In addition to his run as FNL‘s Jason Street, Porter’s TV credits include Hart of Dixie and The Good Wife.

The CBS drama has also recruited Saturday Night Live alum Horatio Sanz, who will recur as Heywood Morris, an underdog attorney with a kind heart.

1. Patrick says:

I never understood how the action scenes were supposed to be carried out by Cabe. Also, would anyone miss Paige? Her EQ stuff gets real old, real quick.

2. Kristen says:

Yes, let’s just add yet another obstacle for Paige and Walter, b/c the suspense isn’t already enough.

3. Loraleigh says:

I am sick of waiting for Walter & Paige to even kiss! Now this? :(

4. Maria says:

I’m enjoying Toby and Happy so it doesn’t really matter to me whether Walter and Paige are a thing or not.
    Mostly I watch the show because it’s a good ensemble cast anyway.

5. Scorp1 says:

I’m actually not against this! I mean I’m for Waige all the way but if this gives Walter the kick up the backside he needs to act on his feelings for Paige then so be it! Plus Paige needs a bit of romancing and she ain’t getting it from Walter right now. Let her have some dates with hopefully a nice dude for a bit – plus bonus is he isn’t Drew (although Drew was nice eye candy lol).

• PenS says:

Agree, but we had been told that the writers had been listening to the fans and were working on Waige, but thinking that may be an empty promise now.

• smithren says:

I like this. Walter has been dragging his feet with regard to Paige. It’s like for every step forward there are about three steps back. Seeing that she has “options” may push the reluctant genius to just go for it. I know everyone wants WAIGE, but it has to be in a way that’s true to the characters. You can’t have Walter go from love doesn’t exist to I LOVE YOU overnight. I believe that Walter is trying to understand love so that he can pursue Paige, which is exactly what I would expect his character to do. He needs to get the place where he’s comfortable moving forward even though he doesn’t understand, this guy could push that, so yea, I’m all for it.

• Chatty Cathy says:

Really, really agree…Walter tried dating, why not Paige? Didn’t care for Drew, but this guy looks like a keeper

6. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! I love this!!! You know Waige is not going to get together any time soon so for there to be a guy for Paige while Walter figures things out is great!!!

7. Dawn says:

Please don’t tell me this show is resorting to love triangles? They are just a product of lazy writing.

8. franxine bobo says:

i do not want walters feelings hurt and paige may find him intrguing but her heart belongs to walter and don’t forget that

9. Scrappy Scorpion Fan😁 says:

Is Walter capable of love? It was brutal to watch him with his last girlfriend. Is it something he can learn? Can he observe and learn from other couples( Toby and Happy, Paige and this new guy)? It would be Awsome if he could… But until then Page should date ….and the guy can’t be too perfect… ( how would he interact with Ralph?) We all want to keep rooting for Waige in the long run…and when they do – he should kiss her like he did that spy !!!! Lol

10. tsevca says:

I never liked him on SNL or HoD. His role here sounds just as annoying.

11. Otuowa Yanney says:

I think Tim is going speed up Waige. We are talking about Walter, the guy who does not act anything Paige until there a real possibility of him losing her for good. So if this guy has it good for Paige and want her for himself, and she also show the slightest interest, Walter will get his head out of his ass and go get the “girl”.