Nicholas Braun in My Time/Your Time

Nicholas Braun Snags Male Lead in CBS Comedy Pilot From HIMYM EPs

Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You) has scored the male lead opposite Suburgatory‘s Jane Levy in My Time/Your Time, CBS’ relationship comedy from How I Met Your Mother co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.

Based on the web series 7P/10E by Avital Ash, the potential series tells the story of two young lovers attempting to make their long-distance relationship work.

Braun plays the open and charming Wade, a guy who things have always come easy for — that is, until he relocates to L.A. and discovers that life as a grown-up is hard.

In addition to his series-regular role in ABC Family’s 10 Things, Braun’s credits include guest stints in a slew of CBS procedurals, including Without a Trace, Cold Case and CSI.

The pilot was penned by Happy Endings scribe Hilary Winston, with Bays and Thomas handling directorial duties.

1. Steven says:

Fool me once, shame on me. Not going to happen Bays and Thomas.

2. Malachi says:

Nope, never again.

3. Z says:

This guy was cute in a goofy boyish way. What happened? Sometimes losing weight is not good to the face.

• MalTru says:

Z- I think it may just be a somewhat unflattering photo. I remember seeing him in the trailer for Get a Job and thinking 1) get a haircut, but 2) badamn, he’s grown up since 10 Things I Hate About You!

I personally think My Time/Your Time sounds fun. I like the casting so far; I was one of the 10 people in America who didn’t hate the HIMYM finale (I mean, that last season could’ve been formatted sooooo differently in order to give viewers a better sense of pay off with the mother, but still lead to the Robin-Ted ending, but whatever), and I think the premise sounds fun, but that could be because I’m 2 hours behind everyone I love and care about!

4. Bryan says:

skeptical not because of how they pulled the rug under us in that awful HIMYM finale but because of their awful series The Goodwin Games. I like the premise but the execution was bad.

5. Guest says:

I googled him and he looks a lot like josh radnor, I guess they have a leading man type. but no, never again bays and thomas.