A&E Docuseries Sends Innocent People to a Corruption-Plagued Prison

What could go wrong?

A&E Network has lifted the curtain on 60 Days In, a heretofore-top-secret docuseries in which seven innocent participants entered the world of incarceration at the Clark County Jail in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

In an effort to expose internal issues and what really happens behind bars at the corruption-plagued facility, Sheriff Jamey Noel devised a program where seven participants would live among the general population (or “GenPop” as my crew and I used to call it) for 60 days without officers, fellow inmates or staff knowing their secret agenda, while around-the-clock cameras captured the “prisoners” as they adapted to unfamiliar and terrifying surroundings.

“After recently taking office, it was no secret that the Clark County Jail had problems and we needed to take quick control,” Sheriff Noel said in a statement. “The only way to truly understand what was going on in the jail was to implement innocent participants into the system to provide first-hand unbiased intelligence. These brave volunteers helped us identify critical issues within our system that undercover officers would not have been able to find. We couldn’t be more thrilled with the success of this inaugural program.”

Promising a “warts-and-all view of what life is like behind bars,” the 12-episode 60 Days In premieres Thursday, March 10 at 9/8c.

1. Jess says:

The sheriff was looking for corruption…so he sent 7 innocent people to jail for 60 days with no safety net. Exactly what could these people accomplish that undercover police who were full trained couldn’t? Good grief!

2. Rob Horine says:

I hope A&E has a ironclad contract. Cause if were in that situation and I die in prison, my family will sue and end up owning the network.

I’m next door in Louisville. And there was serious corruption in Jeffersonville.

3. JB Smooove says:

count me very interested.

4. Jodi says:

Very interested in seeing this program. If you need a female participant in the future, I’d gladly volunteer! I know that sounds crazy, but I’d totally do it

5. michele walker says:

Wow anything to be on T.V., as a 15 year former prison worker I am revolted that this is even considered. What really goes on they will not experience as it will never be on tv and am sickened for what I had to go thru to keep safe not to mention my co-workers that have been murdered inside, what a slap in the face to reality, get a life!!!

6. Jennifer says:

How can I become a contestant? As a former psychiatric correctional RN, I want to see what it’s like behind the bars. I believe my background has prepared me for this experience. Thanks

7. L. Meyer says:

Ever heard the statement stupid is as stupid does. We’ll it’s a toss up between the actual jail,(government allowing such stupidity) the producers and the actors. How sad tv shows have had to reach SO LOW as to show such trash.
    The fact anyone would spend more then 3 minutes watching this junk is amazing. The advertisements are enough for most people to realize an actual jail would never allow such garbage. (Experience working in correctional systems speaking)

8. Arlene Knoll says:

How I can become a contestant in this show. I did Corrections Academy in 1996. Worked for the State Attorney. Criminology degree. I can help.

9. S. Leagh says:

The participants are allowed full on full contact family visits, unlike regular inmates. They have a safe word. Thus, the entire premise is sophistry. I’m suspicious of the agenda as well. It appears more like an experiment in the effects of incarceration on a person. It seems to be looking at how long it takes for someone to act like an inmate; whether or not they’ll become one.

10. susan says:

Im very disappointed in the show as the mother of a special needs child the fact u aired the comment by maryum abt the girl riding the short yellow bus was insulting i wl never watch any future episodes & robert proved the show is not real no one acts like him in jail. This show was really a letdown