New Girl Megan Fox

New Girl: Megan Fox's Reagan Meets the Gang — Grade Her Debut!

Who’s that girl? It’s definitely not Jess.

Tuesday’s episode of New Girl, at long last, introduced us to Megan Fox‘s Reagan, a pharmaceutical sales rep staying in downtown Los Angeles on business. In addition to being drop-dead gorgeous, she can concoct the perfect Old Fashioned cocktail, give Chuck Norris a run for his money with her roundhouse kick and make the art of prescription drug sales look badass.

The perfect woman, right?

For Nick, absolutely. After spending the first few minutes of Tuesday’s installment bemoaning his love life (or lack thereof), Mr. Miller admits to the gang that he wants his next romance to be magical — like, sweeping-music, slo-mo kisses, fireworks-exploding-in-the-distance levels of magic. So, when he spots Reagan hawking pills and overhears that she needs a place to stay all month, Nick doesn’t hesitate to offer up Jess’ empty room. (He’s so desperate to close the deal with Reagan, in fact, that he promises to make the price of rent “whatever you want, I don’t care.” Oh, Nick. You’re embarrassing yourself.)

For Schmidt, though, Reagan might as well be an atomic bomb dropped right on top of his relationship with Cece. As it turns out, Cece and Reagan hooked up on a spring break trip years ago, and when Schmidt realizes the new roomie’s got a history with his lady, he has a Schmidt-style nervous breakdown. (See: Pantomiming Nick Cannon’s Drumline solo. Which he nails, by the way.)

Cece, naturally, is fed up with Schmidt’s possessiveness and keeps her distance, while Reagan begrudgingly agrees to talk Schmidt through his marriage anxiety. The bottom line: Schmidt’s been running out the clock on an engagement ring purchase because he doesn’t think any jewelry could be good enough for Cece — and he definitely doesn’t think he’s good enough for her, either. After slinging a few insults Schmidt’s way (“I understand quantum physics more than I understand how you got her”), Reagan convinces Schmidt to think positively about his lady love. Instead of worrying about Cece wandering off with Reagan — or anyone, for that matter — Schmidt should just be thankful he has her at all.

So, with a little black jewelry box tucked in his pocket, Schmidt tracks Cece down and confesses why he really freaked out about the Reagan hookup — before finally sliding that shiny rock on his fiancée’s ring finger.

As for Reagan, she decides to take the lone wolf route and stick out the rest of the month at a crappy seafood-themed motel… that is, until Schmidt, Cece, Nick and Winston show up at her room and convince her to move in with them, while Nick makes himself comfortable in the Friend Zone — for this week, at least.

OK, your turn. What did you think of Megan Fox’s first New Girl appearance? Grade the episode via our poll below, then hit the comments to back up your choice!

1. A. D. says:

Best Episode of the Series! She was so funny! They need to keep her!

2. Lauren says:

I liked her but it’s going to be such an eye roll if she falls for Nick. She is presented as so put together and Nick is a mess. He needs to evolve a bit on that show for me to believe that any one would date him.

• Guest says:

I agree. I haven’t watched the show in a few years, but I’d be put off by the fact that Nick is still being portrayed as a loser. He seriously needs to do something with his life if he’s supposed to be a viable love interest for someone.

3. Dude says:

I’ve always like Megan. She’s a good addition to the series.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

I can imagine if Max Greenfield or Jake Johnson will someday be in a Michael Bay movie.

5. tyranthraxus says:

ahh Schmidt. You are probably the reason I watch this show. Dont ever lose that Mania.

6. I love this site and all the reviews. But just to clarify, Schmidt did not put a ring on her finger. He put his ‘trust’ on her finger. But will be buying her a ring. Just saying. Good review though and loved the episode. A hopeful Nick is a funny Nick.

7. BenM says:

So, I don’t think she was the best character, and really didn’t offer much herself. BUT she was thr best springboard for every other character to bounce off of. Nick, Cece, Schmidt, Winston, and… Uh… Winston’s partner, all played off her great. She was a good “straight man” to the rest of the casts shenanigans. I liked it.

8. Wordsmith says:

No mention of show creator Liz Meriwether’s cameo as the motel worker?

9. Jason says:

Nasim Pedrad’s Aly should appear in more episodes.
    I love her interactions with the gang, and I love that she’s not being paired off romantically to any one of them. She’s the straight man to the craziness that even Cece is now becoming a part of.

• Belle says:

Now this is something I could get on board with! I also think moving CeCe in so quickly was not a good move…I loved her “dumb” model friends, Nadia always offended someone, but in a funny way :)

10. Boiler says:

I thought Megan did a great job last night. Look forward to her next few episodes. If there is a way to justify bringing her back every once in a while would be great. Her character adds a nice and different dynamic

11. Rachel Richardson says:

Megan Fox is ruining my favorite show. The appeal of New Girl is quirky, fun loving, adorable Jessica Day. She’s relatable. She’s hilarious. Reagan is obnoxious, stereotypical, and brings the intelligent,witty quirkiness of the show down to the level of every other stupid drama on television. It took something fun and original and turned it into smut. I will not be watching until my girl Jess comes back because without her this show is nothing.

12. Terry says:

Easily one of the funniest shows on TV, with all characters being equally good.