Matt LeBlanc I'm Not Your Friend

Matt LeBlanc to Headline CBS Comedy Pilot I'm Not Your Friend

Matt LeBlanc has a message: I’m Not Your Friend.

Or at least the Friends alum will headline a CBS comedy pilot by that name, TVLine has confirmed.

Penned by Jeff and Jackie Filgo (That ’70s Show), the multi-camera project stars LeBlanc as a contractor who learns that raising his kids is more challenging than expected when his wife goes back to work.

As for what the deal means for LeBlanc’s Episodes: Just last month, Showtime programming chief Gary Levine allowed that it’s “a real possibility” that the cable comedy’s upcoming fifth season, which begins shooting in April, will be its last. But as of now, technically the actor is shooting the pilot in addition to his work on Episodes as well as his new Top Gear gig.

1. They should really pair this with The Odd Couple if both make the cut. Think of the awesome joint promos they could do!

2. Guy says:

He can do better than this.

3. RichieS says:

Episodes is maybe the best comedy on tv right now. LeBlanc will never be in a better one so why try?

• Tony Lang says:

It’s called “Money”.

• MalTru says:

Exactly! I mean, his money manager did steal half his money. Wait, I might be confusing Matt LeBlanc with “Matt LeBlanc”.

I will miss Episodes, though. I LOVE Tamsin Greig, and Matt LeBlanc really is hilarious as a horrendous person.

• Websnap says:

Because that is a sad way to look at life. the same could have been said about Friends – it was the best show he will ever be part of why ever try again? Then you wouldn’t have Episodes.

He’s an actor, a successful one, and most likely feels he needs to be challenged.

4. Mark says:

This literally sounds identical to the Kevin James comedy except replaces cop with contractor.

5. Ellinaras78 says:

Just stick with Top Gear. Even though he will never be able to replace one of the big three.

6. Ian says:

I enjoy the occasional episodes of Episodes (heh), and Matt has never looked sexier. The silver daddy thing is working for him. So I’ll check this out too. And I actually liked Joey back in the day, he’s a good comedic actor, so if they get a cast with chemistry, should be good.