Matt LeBlanc Joins Top Gear

Top Gear is calling on a former Friend to help with its upcoming revamp.

Golden Globe winner Matt LeBlanc is joining British TV and radio personality Chris Evans as a presenter on the flagship BBC series when it returns in May.

“As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I’m honored and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter,” LeBlanc said in a statement.

The former Friends star isn’t a stranger to the franchise; he currently holds the title for fastest-ever celebrity lap of the famous Top Gear track. The decision to join the popular motor program comes on the heels of a recent and strong indication that Season 5 of Showtime’s Episodes will be its last.

LeBlanc and Evans join the show to replace former hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Clarkson’s contract was not renewed following a verbal and physical altercation with one of the show’s producers in 2015; Hammond and May left the series soon after. All three men are involved in a new car show for Amazon.

Will you tune in to see how LeBlanc’s doin’ when he buckles in for Top Gear?

1. Becky says:

Top Gear isn’t Top Gear without the big 3. Can’t wait to see what Amazon comes up with for their show.

2. Bella says:

I’d rather watch the original 3, Jeremy, Richard, and James were hilarious. Jay Leno would be a good one for a reboot, being the car guy that he is

3. Arien says:

3 questions: why, why and why?
    I can smell the desperation from here.

4. Greg says:

. He should stick with Episodes. That’s a great show.

5. SoFla says:

His addition will not get anyone new to watch. Top Gear WAS Jeremy, Richard and James. Without them there is NO SHOW. I love how they have been milking the heck out of the series with all the “special presentations” of different clips to make “new” episodes and keep people watching. Didn’t make me watch, won’t get me to watch, I only hope Jeremy, Richard and James are making massive residuals from each and every episode. Any new episodes will only crash and burn. Utmost stupidity by BBC.

6. Alicia says:

If they’re going to round out the cast so well (Chris Evans, meh, but Matt, I’m excited about) I’ll probably watch the first season or so to see if it gets good.
    But OF COURSE I’m gonna watch Jeremy, James, and Hammond. :) VERY excited for that show.

7. Jaime says:

The reboot has already had so many behind the scenes problems this just reeks of desperation. I’ll wait to watch Clarkson, Hammond and May on Amazon. Bros before shows!