Manhattan Cancelled

Manhattan Cancelled After 2 Seasons

WGN America pulling out of Manhattan.

The cabler announced Wednesday that the acclaimed, ratings-challenged period drama would not be returning for a third season.

“After careful consideration, we have reached the very difficult decision not to move forward with a third season of Manhattan,” WGN America president Matt Cherniss in a statement. “We are proud of this critically acclaimed series, an extraordinary original drama, and are deeply disappointed that such a wonderful show could not find a larger audience. We thank the immensely talented Sam Shaw and Thomas Schlamme, along with the exceptional cast and crew and our great partners at Lionsgate and Skydance, for crafting a masterful series. We are equally grateful to the dedicated fans for their support over the last two seasons.”

Manhattan wrapped up its two-season run in December.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. gcw07 says:

I enjoyed both seasons, but really didn’t know where they could have gone in Season 3. Season 2 to me pretty much wrapped up the story so it isn’t too bad to end it now.

2. Shaun says:

WGN is stupid anyways

3. Et al. says:

What percentage of homes get wgn anyway? I sure don’t.

• gcw07 says:

According to wikipedia: As of July 2015, WGN America is available in approximately 72.987 million pay television households (62.7% of households with at least one television set) in the United States.

• supertech14 says:

We got the whole 1st season in Cincinnati, then after 2 or 3 episodes into season 2 they just stopped airing it. #$*&* We will buy the second season to finish watching it because it is so good, but it ticks me off because yes-WGN is stupid.

4. English says:

I dont get wgn and the second season never went up on hulu, like the first season did, so I never got to watch it.

5. TamasK says:

6. Tim says:

I found the second season not as compelling. It was difficult for me to get through, but I would have watched a third.

7. christopher bee says:

Another fantastic and intelligent show gets the boot and i don´t like it at all. Goodbye and good Luck with the next Projects.

8. Cass says:

How disappointing. *Spoiler* That parting scene with Fritz will now go down as the most tragic ending to a series I’ve ever seen.

9. Arlene says:

Very disappointed. Is Outsiders expected to garner the same critical acclaim? Not from me, it won’t. Underground, scheduled to premier soon, will make or break this station for me now. I’m overloaded anyhow.

10. KC says:

Never heard of the show or the network

11. Jim says:

It’s too bad that WGN has high praise for this very good show, but they refuse to look at themselves in the mirror for the reason as to why there weren’t more viewers. This show wouldv’e been much better served on a more high profile network.

12. carolyn says:

They put season one on Hulu and I enjoyed it. They didn’t do that for season two. Maybe if they had someone would have watched it. Don’t even know where WGN is.

13. N says:

I loved this show!

14. Kris says:

I am really sorry to hear this. I enjoyed this program very much. There’s so much garbage on TV & they cancel this?

15. MariaD says:

Sorry they canceled it &’even more sorry that they left storylines unresolved.

16. Cory says:

Well damn! I really enjoyed the pilot when I saw it, but due to volume of TV it was on my list – was gonna watch it after season three and binge it. Ah well. It’ll stay on my list.

I hope Outsiders ratings success doesn’t mean bad news for Salem as well. I’d like to see it run for five seasons.

17. mike says:

Season 3 would have obviously moved on to when the two bombs were actually dropped and the emotional aftermath it would have taken on the crew. To bad, it could have ended easily after 3 with the story being done. Oh well

18. M says:

19. Sy Burr says:

Cancel Manhattan but air a show like Outsiders? Hmmmmm….WGN, you’re one less viewer which apparently was the problem with Manhattan.