Teen Wolf Lydia Dying

Teen Wolf Recap: The Great Escape

Is anyone else experiencing a little déjà vu after Tuesday’s Teen Wolf?

The episode chronicled Scott and friends’ less-than-successful attempt at breaking Lydia out of Eichen House, bringing us back to where we started Season 5B. (Like, right back. Same dialogue and everything.)

When Kira mastered the art of browning out, I foolishly got my hopes up that Scott’s pack might actually succeed at freeing its caged banshee, but the arrival of Theo and his chimeras took care of that pretty quickly. “We’re here for Lydia Martin,” Theo told the unusually handsome orderly, before adding that he’s also in the market for a hellhound. (Cue the hellhound.)

We also learned some unsettling new details about the banshee-related dangers facing Lydia: If she remains at Eichen House and her powers progress, she’ll be overcome by the death and screams around her, eventually resulting in her death. But wait, there’s more: Her death scream could result in the death of everyone around her, as well! No. One. Is. Safe.

Odds and Ends:

* Does anyone else sense an awkward alliance brewing between Deucalion and Hayden?

* #ShutUpKid might be my favorite suggested hashtag in the history of suggested hashtags. Well played, MTV.

* Kira and Malia’s friendship is just the best.

* I know I don’t have as many thoughts about this episode as I normally do, but let’s be honest, it was mostly filler.

What did you think of this week’s Teen WolfDrop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Ditzy-D says:

I really enjoyed this episode. When Stiles fell off the table in the morgue, I totally lost it and to rewind to watch it again. Looking forward to next week.

2. Parker Route says:

The promo for Teen Wolf’s next episode is right here! It’s called “Lie Ability”

3. Phoenix5634 says:

Looking forward to seeing more of Deucalion! The demon wolf better have a significant role this season, or next!

By the way, he can see this whole time… When he used his alpha eyes he can see, and he’s had them on this whole time basically. Unfortunate the chimeras don’t know that haha.

Side note: Parrish as the Hellhound looks crazy, not sure if we’ve seen is full form yet, but so far pretty great!

4. Hipper says:

Yup. Total filler episode. I mean, they even had to think of silly things to fill the time of a filler episode. That entire tearing down the manual gate. Oy. This season (A&B thus far) has been a big mess.

My first guess as to which human is the Beast? Argent. The beast has to have French lineage, right? Given its whole back story.

5. pblo78 says:

i really enjoy the chapter.
    First there was focus on the core of characters… so less about the annoying Theo.
    We learn that the doctor on Echein-House knows about Dread-doctors (if he is not one of them)
    Mom Carter started to think a bit, and tried to check on her daughter…
    Scott start to rebuild himself…
    We may learn how Theo will end… the look on Hayden when Deucalion told him about Theo´s plan and how wrong they could go… was priceless… I dont think she liked him a bit…
    But my favorite moment, definately Scott´s mom… I love her character. Best mom ever (My son might have forgiven you, but i didnt forget that you tried to kill my son, little….)

6. Phobe Grey says:

Filler program until something better comes along!

7. Rico says:

I’m still waiting for Scott to show his ‘bad ass Alpha’ side like Jeff Davis said he would have this season. We’re already halfway through the season. Its been 5 and a half seasons and he still seems to lack in Alpha power. Laaamee !

8. ScottJ says:

Filler??? How on earth was that filler? It closed the circle on the time sequence, built up Scott’s pack and their relationships (since we haven’t seen them working together for ages), and pulled together a few stray story threads that I thought would still be weeks away. Also had a major focus on the main cast which we haven’t had a lot of either.

Not all shows tie up their storylines with a neat little bow in a single episode. Lydia’s rescue was always going to be difficult, and I for one am quite happy that the show didn’t resolve it in 5 minutes.

9. Edekin Isreal says:

TEEN HAS BEEN THE BEST TV SERIES I WOULD EVER WATCH.AND I’D LIKE TO SEE SCOOT HOWL LIKEWISE DEREK@WOLVES..AND AM GIVING OUT MY LIKES TO THIS

10. miley Hunter says:

I just love this series period… its. As been my favourite I only wish I was one of the actresses