Lady Gaga Super Bowl

Lady Gaga Performing National Anthem at Super Bowl 50

Lady Gaga is one busy Mother (Monster).

The American Horror Story star has been tapped to sing the National Anthem before Super Bowl 50 on Sunday, the NFL and CBS announced today. Gaga will be joined by Switched at Birth‘s Marlee Matlin, who will perform the song in American Sign Language.

This announcement comes just hours after we learned that Gaga will also perform a tribute to the late, great David Bowie during the Grammy Awards on Feb. 15 (CBS, 8/7c).

And this is really just capping off a couple of amazing months for Gaga, who took home a Golden Globe for her performance as AHS: Hotel‘s Countess on Jan. 10.

Does the mere thought of Gaga belting out America’s theme song leave you feeling red, white and blue all over? Drop a comment with your thoughts on her inclusion below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Fred says:

Wow ! Sounds like 2016 will be the big return of Lady Gaga ! I’m ready for this !

2. Guy says:

Cool. She’s got a great voice when it’s not hidden behind all the theatrics. Though I wish you hadn’t reminded me of her undeserved Golden Globe win. I’ve been trying to forget that actually happened.

• wrstlgirl says:

I think she’s become her own and doesn’t need or use the theatrics anymore. At least that’s how it appears to me.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Awesome!! Love her, she deserves all the recognition she gets and more.

4. MissEllys says:

After her stunning Sound of the Music tribute at the Oscars last year, I think she’ll do an amazing job.

5. Vighorois says:

I’m wondering if she will dress like a football, get “borned” from a giant football, or wear a dress made of real pigskin. LOL

6. Marci says:

Good choice. I didn’t pay any attention to her early on because of her outlandish theatrics and crazy costumes, but I sat up and noticed when she recorded her album with Tony Bennett. And I was blown away by her at the Oscars last year–she really does have a great voice. And I loved her Christmas commercial with Bennett. I always stopped my fast forwarding to watch it.

• Kara says:

OMG, me too! Loved that commercial, and her tribute to Sound of Music was perfect. I hope she performs our national anthem with the same maturity and respect.

7. Timmah says:

Seems like kind of a waste to have her do just one song. They should have booked her for the halftime show.

8. Joy Chu says:

Why did they not have a small screen showing Marlee Matlin signing the national anthem alongside? Would it have hurt Lady Gaga’s career and ego? What a small thing to ask for!

Here’s how it plays to deaf viewers”