Gilmore Girls on Netflix

Gilmore Girls Revival: WB Exec Teases 'Appropriate, Satisfying' Conclusion

Gilmore Girls‘ biggest secret has been leaked!

Warner Bros. Television President and Chief Content Officer Peter Roth, whose studio is producing Netflix’s now-official Gilmore revival, told TVLine at a recent event that series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino has divulged those elusive final four words to him.

“I know [them],” he said, “but I’m not going to tell you what they are.”

Yeah, well, it was worth a shot!

Roth did reveal that the four new super-sized episodes will provide the closure fans have been yearning for. “Amy is now able to finish, appropriately, properly and I think with great satisfaction, the show the way it should conclude,” he said. “It’s going to be great. We’re very excited.”

Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino (AKA Team Palladino) will write and direct the entire revival, which will consist of four 90-minute episodes/mini-movies. As TVLine exclusive revealed, each episode will represent a different season over the course of one calendar year. In other words, there will be a fall chapter, a winter chapter, a spring chapter and a summer chapter. The revival will be set in the present day, or roughly eight years after the series ended.

1. David4 says:

I had no problem with how the show ended. Seasons 5-6 were horrible with Logan, Rory being stupid, Luke meaning different, and the stupid daughter.

I was glad the creater left and we actually got a decent ending to a show with a few rough seasons.

• Hot Dog O'Hoolahan says:

I agree about how the original series ended. I thought it was a great final episode that wrapped things up well for the characters. I too had more issues with season six than I ever did seven which made a good deal of rectifying some less than ideal moves story wise.

• Idgie says:

Will be happy to see the girls again, but with that said…so “KIND” of Amy to bring “proper closure” to the show that she deliberately sabotaged during the sixth season. She did it over her grievances and vindictiveness toward the network. Now the narcissistic writer can “appear” to swoop in and save the day from the so called “atrocious” seventh season. But the truth is that the blame for the less than stellar seventh season rests solely on sixth season’s insipid plotlines by its writer and creator. The sixth season is far worse than the seventh, which spent it’s entire run attempting to undo the damage done by Amy’s sixth season. Way to come out attempting to look like the hero of GG, Amy. I hope that savvy GG girl watchers know and understand the real truths of the last 2 seasons.

• misery chick says:

THANK YOU!!!! NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE SAID IT BETTER 👏👏👏👏👏

• David4 says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t stand the show runners. I watched the whole show for the first time last year after stop watching regularly when Rory got back with Dean. Then ditched it for good when the daughter showed up until the finale which I really liked.

• Nicole says:

Amy and Dan left after season 5, that Rosenthal fellow took over for season 6 and 7. Seasons 1-5 were great tv after that the quality went down. They tried to hard to keep Amy’s spark going but failed. This revival is a love letter for the fans, we wanted it to end the way Amy did. True fans of the show anyways. Thats what this is going to be, and i for one am really grateful for this.

• Nicole says:

Correction Amy and Dan were a part of 7 episodes of the 22 episode 6th season. So while she may have been credited for the whole season it wasn’t really her work. And season 7 was just atrocious.

• Babybop728 says:

Agreed. I’m SO excited for this to come back because this show is life but I am a bit scared for the beauty of Luke/Lorelai. It was under Amy’s writing that they split up, which never should have happened.

• T.w.123 says:

If I remember correctly, the rumor was that she broke them up and Lorelai sleep with Christopher as a giant “eff you” to the network after contract negotiations went south. I have no doubt that she will put Luke and Lorelai together to end the series now that it’s back on her own terms.

• Erin says:

I didn’t actually watch the last few seasons, I was busy and it was aired sporadically where I live plus when it went ahead without the creators, I felt like it went one season too long! That said I do like how they tied things up with Rory being true to herself forget those crappy ships, and lorelia and Luke friends and something more. I love how they finished the actual series but I’m still super excited for this mini special thing.

2. c-mo says:

Well now that the final 4 words have been revealed, the last great reveal…will the show feature a return of their most famous “random hotel guest”?

3. Lucy G says:

I can’t fully trust ASP when she’s the one who brought us April and Anna Nardini in the first place. But I’m hopeful.

4. Carolyn says:

Will Netflix be releasing all four installments at once like a typical Netflix series or staggering them a la the corresponding seasons?

5. Eh says:

Am I the only one who thinks the last four words are, “Mom, come meet Lorelei”.

6. Jeri says:

Hopeful that it will be good for all. Rory should be/get with someone new to us and of course Lorelei and Luke belong together. I have watching the reruns all over again.

7. Laura says:

Is Matt coming back for any of the episodes? I wonder if The Good Wife will let him?

8. Jason says:

Just throwing this in there…season six was my favorite.

• Laura says:

Me too!’ I know I am in the minority but I loved Logan and Rory together. I always saw him as the one who blended Rory’s two worlds. I also never understood Lorelei’s problem with him. He did the same things she and Christopher did growing up in that world and in the end walked away from it just like she did. I always thought that made her a bit of a hypocrite.

9. Jimmy says:

I don’t really care about Sherman-Palladino getting to complete the series her way, I’m just excited to see the Girls one more time. I can even live without Sookie St. James — although a cameo sure would be nice, Melissa McCarthy.

10. S-B says:

Considering Lauren Graham shared that the last script (and episode) would take place in the fall, I’m imagining the two last words (don’t know about the two before) could well be something like ”it’s snowing…”, referring to the tingly feeling Lorelai had on the first snow and how ”the best things of my life have happened when it snowed”, exact words of Lorelai in Season 1… At least that’s what I’d like the two last words to be.

11. am I the only one, or did they hype those 4 words so much, that i have a feeling I’ll be kind of disappointed.

on another point, I did like season 6, it was good, but the whole april storyline was a mess, and I really do hate it…

12. I want to be a Gilmore lol I love you.😚 all .