Finding Carter Season Finale

Finding Carter Cancelled at MTV

Bummer news: Carter will not be finding a third season at MTV.

Actor Zac Pullam, who plays played Grant on Finding Carter, shared the news of the drama’s cancellation — which TVLine confirmed via MTV — with his followers on Friday:

Carter wrapped its second season in December with Bird getting an abortion, Ben being beaten to a bloody pulp by Rick, and Max turning himself in for the murder of Carter’s boyfriend Jared.

Are you disappointed by Carter‘s cancellation? Drop all of your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Katy says:

So it ends on a cliffhanger? Ugh this show had so much promise.

• trololo says:

It did have promise, but then it had a second season.

• Bill says:

Yes exactly. Season 1 was so good and so terrible in 2

• Idgie says:

This show was a perfect example of a show with an intriguing premise but nothing more. The first season was excellent but then what followed was just terrible. The writers had no idea what was to follow after the initial concept of the show was dealt with. RIP

• everart says:

agreed, I stopped watching a few episodes ago. good story and characters the first season, wasted opportunities second season.

• Emilie enyeat says:

That is not true. It may have been a lot of twist and turns but it doesn’t mean season 2 ruined it all. I love the tv show the way they made it me I want another season. But them stopping was cuz of rating not ur opinion.

• Desiree says:

No it wasn’t it was amazing for the first time my mom and I had something we could bond over and they took that away

• Esmeralda says:

Samme.!!! My mom and I would always watch the show every tuesday…

• Anonymous says:

That’s the same thing that happend to me how can one show make and break a family bond they should have a channel for shows not everyone watched so that the people who did watch it can still be happy me and my mom barely had a conversation before that show came on and now we’re back to square one

• Jamie Stidham says:

So sad that we were left hanging with season 2. I really would live to see a season 3 of finding carter.

• Phylicia says:

2 wasn’t that bad !!! Well the ending wasn’t

• Kristin says:

Exactly.

• Dennis says:

Ohhhhhh snap. Lmfao lmfao lmfao wow

• ? says:

I quit the show when Elizabeth let Carter drop out of high school, guess everyone else did too. Absurd writing.

• Guest says:

Lmao! I quit the show at that exact moment as well! Couldn’t stand what those writers were doing to such an unique and amazing first season of a show! The absolute last straw for me was how freaking ANNOYING they made Taylor. I couldn’t get through a scene with her in it where she’d become the worlds biggest witch and I’d have to fast forward through half of an episode just so I didn’t to hear Taylor gripe and moan about anything and everything.

• Jessica says:

i agree it did slow down but if you have finished it out it was amazing

• Kyrsti Doktor says:

If u stopped watching man you missed out that session started lame but ended up bad ass. Carter ended up leaving that trash and was going home. I can’t believe they are ending it on a cliff hanger.

• Jaytherapperrr says:

I totally agree, and I was solo happy when Crash had came back, I died.

• Dr P says:

This is not ending it on a cliffhanger, this is chopping it off at the top of the mountain. Why build up to all this and then poof. End the show. No way! I not only liked the show but it was really getting good. As for elizabeth letting Carter quit school – who among you detractors knows what a teenager is like? She had to find out for herself. Now she has and we won’t even get to see what comes of it. A pox on MTV.

• Luci says:

I figure it would be canned it was good then it started getting I don’t know it could been saved if new writers

• Sandy says:

The writing was just becoming so spotty. Like when David was leaving on his book tour, and said he got an early sabbatical from the “university”? He got a job teaching 10th grade writing at a prep school, all of what, 6 months before? I mean, if you can’t even keep track of what took place before. Also, it is ridiculous to believe that Lori was found not guilty of kidnapping Carter? Just because she said she thought of her as a mom. Stockholm syndrome anyone? She didn’t know any better, she was a child. I really loved the first season. I finished out with the second, even though it wasn’t great, but am not disappointed it wasn’t renewed.

• Emily Rosette says:

I didn’t stop watching, but I agree Elizabeth allowing Carter to drop out, Carter being able to work at a bar underaged, being able to be with an older man, having such a successful illegal business, etc… I was like either this girl is the luckiest girl in the world, or this is BS.

Now, I understand that this kind of stuff does happen in real life. I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying that these kind of situations don’t happen to most people. But, if it does it’s not all of these situations in one’s life, and they normally don’t get as great of results as Carter did.

I’m actually glad the series is over. Season two was way too over the top, and made me realize that I was watching a show on MTV, or whatever that over dramatic network is called. I think it was MTV.

• maddy says:

Yep. I really enjoyed the first year because it tried so hard to be more than a teen soap. And then series 2 happened and it turned into exactly everything I hate about teen-based dramas. I had to stop watching, just couldn’t cope w it anymore.

• Uzma says:

Innit tho why did it have to get cancelled it was a great show

• chantal says:

Just let me no yy yy did u guys canceled finding carter jus love that series and how can you let season2 end like that with a lots of what cud have happens next not nice pple

• Laura says:

TOTALLY AGREE!

• Dawn says:

I so agree!!

• michell says:

because they did not know that the series is discontinued

• #1Fan says:

I know right I’m sitting here like wheresome the next episode and apparently it’s over !what why do they do this to us …

• Nell Adams says:

They could have done so much more with just the original plot/concept, but I feel like they rushed through it so hard. They never REALLY explained HOW exactly everything happened, things were alluded to pretty clearly but I feel some of it was glossed over… David’s affair with Lori, the question of what came first (the egg donation or the affair), the question of why Lori never noted David on Ben’s birth certificate if she was so desperate to keep him/get him back… the fact that they killed off Kyle for convenience. They could have built so much on top of season 1 and instead they just slowly let the show decay into Carter throwing temper tantrums about her parents not being perfect. Then Lori going from great mom to psycho back to normal seemingly overnight whenever convenient… they had great promise, and fantastic actors, but I feel like the writing was lazy and too desperate to appeal to troubled teens rather than actually telling a story.

• Isabel says:

DISAGREE. I feel like it the show had a good story and plot and everything…the writer of the show; shows the audience that no one has a perfect life, that there are people who are going through worse than carter but as long as cater has a family and friends and people to support her then it will be okay, yeah carter complained a lot about little things here and there but her character was to be a wise rebellious young teen who wants to just be free and live out in the world..I’m pretty surre it’s clear that carter wanted to be and independent woman and do things without david and Elizabeth but yet wanted to be supported. IDK maybe I’m over thinking it but that’s my opinion. =)

• Leia says:

I disagree too! I feel like them not going into details about the affair left us wondering for ourselves why it happened and left us in suspense and expecting to possibly get answers in another season.

• Katy says:

I feel like they could’ve at least finished the rest of what they had planned, i loved the show, i dont understand why everyone was thinking it was so bad.

• Katherine Stewart says:

Finding Carter was such a good show I just looked up when it was coming back on to find this!!!! I’m so bummed there needs to be a season 3!

• Maria says:

It really does need a season 3 what happens to max after he turns himself in??? What happens to Ben after he gets the crap beat out of him??? Does Bird go though with the abortion???? Does Carter move back in with Elzibeth or does move in with Lori after Jarded gets killed??? Like the left us hunging not cool

• Mike says:

Wow one of my favorite shows just gone. The first show I ever was really into to get cancled.

2. ndixit says:

Well, given how bad season 2 was compared to season 1, it’s hardly a surprise.

• Andy Swift says:

I can’t disagree that Season 2 lacked a lot of the charm of Season 1, but I figured we’d *at least* get a third.

• ndixit says:

Well, per my understanding, the viewership dropped quite dramatically. MTV can hardly be blamed for cancelling a show that was getting 0.3 million live viewers.

• Dr P says:

I know I saw that it was coming back and they even had a start date for it. That was a fw weeks ago. What happened?

• Kyrsti Doktor says:

This is bull I loved finding carter and never missed an episode. I watch still what I’ve recorded and I have been sitting here waiting on the next session just to find out there won’t be a next freaking session? This is bull u leave it at a cliff hanger why? Can’t u guys at least do one more episode like two and a half men did to get rid of the cliff hanger like do what they did make it where carter dies in some crazy event….. Give the show enough respect to let finding carter go out with a big bang. From finding carters biggest fan.

3. queerbec says:

Why do we even bother starting watching serialized stories? This show had a good concept that they sort of lost during the second season. The whole show probably would have worked as a 10 episode second season, compressing a season’s worth of dilly dallying into a coherent plotline.

4. Ruth says:

This makes me sad. I really liked the show and being an old Buffy fan, I enjoyed seeing Alexis Densoff again on TV.

• Matt says:

Hopefully this will at least clear the way for Alexis to make a return on Grimm.

• Ashley says:

I loved it too. Makes me sad as well. I never watched Buffy but I loved finding Carter!

• Jordan says:

Completely agree. There were times I was watching and couldn’t not see a lot of the same facial expressions he’d use as Wes in Angel. I loved that he was a part of it as well as Cynthia Watros. Her part as Libby on Lost was so short lived but well done and I loved her as Elizabeth even if she was the most (understandably) overbearing mother ever. RIP Welsey Wyndam-Pryce

• I know right! I honestly only watched for him… at 29 I’m too old for all the teen angst but I’d missed seeing Alexis on TV and he was fantastic as David.

5. Man! I admit that season 2 wasn’t as good as the first but it could have gotten better. Sucks!

• Alicia says:

It did get a lot better as the season went on, and the last two episodes were back to the show I’d fallen in love with… sad fate.

6. Jan says:

I stopped watching shortly into season two. maybe “Max” will be able to return to The Fosters??

• Hay says:

Ugh the fosters is starting to suck too, the previous season was terribly boring & they should have killed of Jesus instead of bringing in a replacement, which he doesn’t play the character very well anyways

• Ashlyn Evatt says:

I totally agree about Jesus. I hate how they got a replacement when they could have made it to where the drugs killed him or whatever. The replacement honestly sucks.

7. Donna says:

Well this sucks, enjoyed the show, ends with a cliffhanger and now cancelled WTH. Another show cancelled after getting into it. Why bother watching tv shows. This sucks

• Mikayla says:

I fully agree. This was one of my favorite shows.

• Ashley says:

Totally agree. They could have done a season 3 and wrapped it up and ended it. Would have sucked it ended but at least we wouldn’t be left hanging! ! Was definitely one of my fav shows

8. Ian says:

It just got beyond terrible in the 2nd season. The premise wasnt sustainable, and then it became like all the other teen soaps on television. Not sad to see it go.
    Hopefully Shannara’s next. Teen Wolf is crap now too, but its like a roach apparently.

• Annie says:

Hahahaha Teen Wolf *is* like a roach. Hahah. S1 & 2 were so good – I stopped midway through 3 because of the suckage

9. johnhelvete says:

I really liked season 1, but gave up after the 2B premiere. Memo to TV writers, dont end the season on a cliffhanger unless your show is already renewed, it really is not the complicated of a concept.

• Patrick says:

Yeah. Its like writers think a cliffhanger will help get them renewed. Hint: It doesn’t. If you aren’t a surefire renewal, give some closure. SG-1 was great at this. For like 3-4 years they were unsure of renewal, so they’d write a season finale that gave a lot of closure to existing threads, while laying out potential story lines for the future.

• maddy says:

They were really good at that on SG1, I agree — wrap things up enough that if it doesn’t come back, we’re satisfied, but leave enough threads open that when it starts again the following year it has a direction.

Until Rick Anderson left. Then it fell to pieces.

But yes, shows should learn from that, there are ways to conclude and still leave it open.

10. Annie says:

Probably for the best. I really didn’t like the direction it took in season 2 and eventually stopped watching. All the forced Lori-as-bio-mom stuff was ridiculous. The show should have just focused on a family trying to heal itself

• johnhelvete says:

The secret kid was a mistake and Lori should have been convicted/gone to prison, but I was always fine with Carter having a relationship with Lori. That seemed like the show to me, Carter caught between the Wilson’s and Lori, and the conflicts that caused.

• Annie says:

Oh I was fine with Carter having a relationship with Lori – you’re right she would have been very conflicted. And I think that drama should have been explored. And that would have been a better way to keep Lori in the show – have her in prison and have Carter going to visit her. The whole bio-mother, surprise-baby thing was unnecessary. The set up was already there for drama, they didn’t need to go the soap route and add in unnecessary drama

11. anto33 says:

Bummer.I really like the show.

12. Taylor says:

WTF!!! Are you crazy?!!!!

13. ggny says:

I actually support this axing. Season 2 was legit one of the worst sophomore seasons ive ever seen.

14. Barbara A, Myers says:

I am very disappointed that Finding Carter has been cancelled. It was a good show and I never missed an episode. I don’t understand why good shows get cancelled and the lousy shows stay on the air.

• Bruna says:

But…. what the hell is going on with this people? I mean, the best shows are cancelled when some are starting to get borring and are still on air. I just dont get it but I will stop watching MTV because of this. Im tired, first eye candy and now finding carter? The best show ever!! And the tv show awkward? That is getting more and more boring but they dont cancelle.. and I was a big fan. This is just an example of how dumb MTV gets.
      What a desapoitment.

• Marcy L says:

I was so upset when I saw Eye Candy was cancelled… But I got through it because I still had Finding Carter. Then IT was cancelled as well, and I almost lost it…

15. kathy e. says:

i enjoyed season one, but then it really went off the rails in season two. we quit watching in the middle of season two!

16. Kate says:

I really wish it would stay on and take off some of the other dumb shows on the network . I think it would make a strong comeback and we need to have closure to what happened

17. Gage says:

Not surprised Season 2 was horrible.

18. Holly says:

This is not fair.. you need to do a season 3 to find out what happends to max and ben even if its only 12 eposides then the last one you do a good bye.. we are all wondering what is happeneds im not happy about this…

19. tallsy says:

In the tradition of Graceland (although that was S2), another series kneecapped in the following season by not just a bad season finale but an outright inexplicable one.

• Patrick says:

Graceland S1 was fun and light and great. S2 was dark and horrible. I bailed early and didn’t miss it. Why change what worked?

20. Diane says:

I really liked this show. It had great young actors who I will miss seeing each week. I really do wish if a series does not know if they are coming back they wouldn’t end with a cliffhanger. This is another very enjoyable show that we don’t know how it will end just like Twisted from abc family. I hope the actors get something new soon.

• Kisha says:

Ugh..I hated reading this. (Sorry )
      I literally just finished binging Twisted and was wondering when it would be back on. Thanks for the info though!

• Nyla says:

Same I totally agree it was such a good show to me and then they just left on a cliffhanger I really do hope they have a reunion or the actors get together for a different snow

21. Catherine says:

Noooooooooooo

22. Gladutsgibe says:

I’m glad it’s cancelled! I liked it until the paedophile storyline!!! 17 us still a minor and child in my book and I tuned out after the kiss!!!

23. datdudemurphy says:

What a waste… Good show, great cast.

24. Lizzy Garza says:

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!? This is one of my favorite shows. I need to know what happens. Please bring it back😭😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔💔

• Claire says:

Fr what happens to max and carter and ofe this pisses me off and anyone who hates it get a life

• Alissa says:

I am so very upset to hear that this show was canceled. This was by far my favorite so on tv. I never even got to watch the season finale because I was in the hospital! This is nonsense! BRING BACK FINDING CARTER!!!!!

25. Jared says:

The writers/producers of Finding Carter killed the show during S2 which is ashame because the first season was really great.

26. Dmac says:

The second season was a mess, the fact that Lorie was allowed to walk free let alone fight for custody of Carter was insane. Carter was a problem as well this season she went from lost and confused to rude and unsympathetic.

27. Dani says:

I’m not disappointed, I’m pissed off. MTV has a bad habit of canceling good shows. I don’t hold out much hope for The Shannara Chronicles. Hell, I’m surprised Teen Wolf is still going strong.

Garbage like Farrah Abraham: Pornstar is still on that Network but good shows like Finding Carter get canned. 🙄

28. Lisa Hill says:

Why are they canceling the show I absolutely love finding carter and it’s a bummer it ended the way it did

29. Torii bug says:

Why???? This is an amazing show honestly, as pathetic as it sounds im crying because of this news! At least finish it off woth a 3rd season you cant just leave it how it is! Theres so many unanswered questions!

30. Lucille Grello says:

Yes, Very disappointed, I am a middle class Mom finally finding something 2 generations can watch and relate to. I don’t understand how you can keep on some ridiculous show like teen moms which is really a bad example. Very disappointed in MTV decision. I will probably not continue watching this network nothing else to watch that I would like..

• ? says:

Haha what, you think this show was a “good example?” Which part? All the drinking, cutting class, dropping out of high school, underage sex with older men, murder and attempted murder, drugs, lying about everything all the time, adultery . . . am I forgetting anything?

• Mikayla says:

I completely agree. I thought this show was fantastic. It always kept me waiting for the following week for the next episode. It left with all these cliffhangers and now we’re left with questions. I don’t see how they had teen mom, teen mom 2, 16 and pregnant, Jersey Shore, etc, etc, and they can’t keep a show that is actually entertaining. I guess it’s the viewers, or lack there of and its a shame what the majority of people find entertaining (teen mom etc.) versus non entertaining.

31. Alice says:

I’m pissed!! It was one of my favorite show!! :( -.-

32. Karrie-Ann says:

Wow. There goes my hopes and dreams.

33. Emily says:

This show inspired me, can’t believe I watched it all to never see how it ends :(

34. Kim S. says:

I’m going to miss the entire cast, most especially Alex Saxon and Kathryn Prescott. Very bummed.

35. Ashley says:

Really upset that finding carter was cancelled really looked forward to seeing what happened to Ben but I guess not now realy heart broken

36. D says:

The second season was horrible compared to the first, but I was really hoping for an amazeballs comeback in season 3. Dammit! And now we’re just left hanging with that insane ending of season 2. 😩😩

37. Shelby wilson says:

I loved this show ….omg ughhh i hate there wont be a season 3

38. Maria says:

So sad! I loved that show!!!!!

39. Siala Jones says:

This freaking sucks I love this show😍 I’ll do anything to bring this show back this show needs to come back now like how can they do this I’m so upset right now😪I’m gonna miss carter,grant,max,Taylor,Elizabeth,David,crash,and bird this show was great and will be missed big time I officially dislike MTV😡

40. maddy says:

I’m pissed

41. Jaja. High says:

No ugh you can’t just leave the show like that there is so many unanswered questions!! 😩

42. Siala jones says:

This freaking sucks I love this show😍 I’ll do anything to bring this show back this show needs to come back now like how can they do this I’m so upset right now I’m gonna miss carter,grant,Elizabeth,Taylor,bird,max,david😪I honestly officially dislike MTV😡

43. Taralyn says:

This is one of the only good shows mtv has…and they cancel it…seriously the only show with drama and an actual plot…

But i am sure teen mom will have five more spin offs..

Where is the petition against this?

44. Samantha says:

This show was amazing, had great potential!

45. megan says:

Nooooo! I looked forward to watching it every week patiently waiting for the new season even after all the bull crap that happened. Please bring my all time favorite show since the original show Desperate housewives. Loved the suspense and mystery.

46. Taralyn says:

Alright guys I started a petition…let’s see what we can do

47. Pjw says:

Booooooo. Why every time there is an actual GOOD show, it is cancelled

48. jessica campbell says:

Is this a joke? OMG I’m sad now one of my favorite shows 😢💔. Season 1&2 were both amazing

• Claire says:

Amen so heart breaking 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

49. Jennie says:

This is absolute crap!

50. Courtney says:

Why would you cancel my favorite show!!! I think it’s bull crap frankly!! It was a good show and you have probably angered many viewers!!