The Blacklist Liz Pregnant

The Blacklist First Look: How Will Tom React to Liz's [Spoiler]?

Just one week ago, The Blacklist‘s Tom Keen tried to once again become Liz’s fiancé — but how will he feel about being her baby daddy instead?

That’s right: The NBC drama revealed in its Jan. 21 episode that Megan Boone’s real-life pregnancy will be written in as a result of Liz and Tom’s sexy post-exoneration reunion.

In the below photos from tonight’s installment (NBC, 9/8c), Liz and Tom sit down for a serious, potentially baby-related chat. But judging by the reassuring way Tom is touching Liz’s hand, not to mention Ms. Keen’s relieved grin, it seems the conversation might not go so badly after all.

Scroll through the gallery below to see the new Blacklist photos, then hit the comments and tell us: How do you feel about the pregnancy storyline?

1. nabocane says:

Way to ruin one of the best shows on television. Lazy writers’ syndrome strikes again.

• HAP says:

And just what would you suggest, inasmuch as Boone is visibly pregnant? Write her out?

The writers got her pregnancy dumped in their laps.

• Imo says:

I mean they were kinda in a hard position. Either write it in or hide it in production. It’s gonna be difficult to hide a pregnancy when your character spends majority of their time in intense action scenes.

• wrstlgirl says:

Well not really since she’s no longer an active field agent. It is lazy writing. One should be able to use some imagination and write around an actor’s pregnancy.

• Mak says:

Yeah like the ridiculous job they are doing on Brooklyn99 or that they did with KW’s pregnancy in Scandal…no thanks. TBL was fortunate that season 1 established that Liz really wanted to have kids so this is not that far off from what would have eventually happened anyway.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t watch either of those shows so I can’t speak to that but if they are doing a poor job of covering it up then they’re not trying. We’ve all seen it done successfully so it can be done.

• Annie says:

Actually I think they did a really great job on Scandal and B99. And ultimately why does it matter? We understand they are actors – Olivia Pope isn’t a real person – so we can accept a fake reality weekly when we watch a show but can’t suspend our disbelief enough to just ignore the actresses personal issue. It’s not that difficult.

• Mak says:

No..i’m not impressed by B99’s efforts…obviously shows can’t write in every pregnancy; so they have to disguise it but it does take away from the scenes when you can clearly see the thing they are trying to hide.

• Gern Blanston says:

I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a pregnancy covered up well. As soon as the woman starts showing its time to bust out the suitcase sized purses, baggy clothes, and awkwardly placed lamps for her to stand behind. Just making the character in the show pregnant opens lots of possibilities and alleviates the need for cheap show tricks that were already tired twenty years ago.

• KCC says:

Have you seen how the pregnancy storyline plays out? How about we wait until we actually see how the writers handle it before declaring it “lazy” writing. To me the lazier way to handle Megan Boone’s pregnancy would be to hide it and go with business as usual. The only things they have to be creative about in hiding it is how scenes with Boone in them are blocked, her wardrobe, and coming up with excuses for her to be away from any particular scene. Not the kind of clever writing I care much about.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Stop blaming on the Blacklist writing staff. They don’t want to ruin one of the best TV dramas on television.

• Becky says:

Just because you don’t like a story arc does not mean it is lazy writing. For crying out loud, stop with the lazy writing talk. It’s become the ‘lazy’ posters’ new jump the shark tirade. Quit already.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I guess if I have to endure yet another pregnancy story arc at least Tom is the daddy. I just love Ryan Eggold. I have to say though that was the fastest pregnancy diagnosis I’ve ever seen.

3. jjk says:

Isn’t this pregnancy the result from the end of season 2 right before Tom was going to leave on his boat?

4. Jared Munson says:

I was actually hoping they’d kill her off. A show like this needs a shake up like that. Red going full revenge in season 4.

• tvjunkie says:

The problem is she’s integral to Red’s story and that hasn’t played out yet. Furthermore I don’t see him interacting with the FBI without her, which means dropping most of the cast or taking the show in a completely different direction from it’s premise. That could be good but would more likley kill the show.

5. wooglin116 says:

Someone help me understand why showrunners just don’t come out and say, “Yes, this female character is pregnant, but we don’t care and won’t be addressing it on our show.” Why is it that pregnant actors = babies on the show/awkward hiding of pregnant bellies?

• Gern Blanston says:

The co-star of an action show gains 30-40 pounds, can’t do action scenes anymore, and they give no logical reason as to why that is taking place. I actually would kind of like to see that happen just for the sheer awkwardness of it.

6. Annie says:

Ug, I’m really disappointed they are going this route.

7. A.B. says:

I can see Liz being pregnant story line as kind of a history repeating itself plot. Liz’s mother is pregnant and has her and wants out of the spy business and Red failed to protect her and now Liz is pregnant and possibly he’ll feel like now he can redeem himself and keep Liz safe. One way that the story could go.

8. Cindy says:

One of the best written and acted shoes on tv

9. Chris says:

This is one that actually could make sense to have. We have her mother that had a daughter and shady stuff went down which affected everyone involved. So Liz has mommy issues and all that, now its her own self in those shows, with a man that also has his feet in dangerous waters, who also has parental issues himself being picked up so young to be a spy. Plus Red looming and I’m guessing had some sort of relationship with Liz’s mother so now it is kinda grandpa, biologically or not. I know people hate babies but this feels like it could be a very important story for the character that we know Liz to be and Tom for that matter.

10. jj says:

Tom is the reason I stop watching the show.

11. James says:

In a very successful show like TBL pregnantcies, injuries and unfortunately even deaths are almost always excepted by the writing team and inserted into the story arc. Like it or not. The job of the writing team is to not screw up the season and lose ratings. A pregnancy is looked at as the actress did this and it’s not are fault (unless someone on the team is the father ) actress never date writers right! The actress can not have it included which I’m assuming is what KW in scandal I think she has production credits. Myself I’m not a big fan of hidding a pregnancy I never liked doing it. I can see the glow a pregnant women’s gives of from 100yrds.

12. Jeanne Brattin says:

Tom. And Liz have Had such a roller coaster 🎢 relationship, this news is just what they need. Excited,. Enhanced the storyline.

13. BillyBobJohnson says:

Why put the word ‘spoiler’ in the header link only to refer to Tom as her baby daddy in the header tease?

14. Simone says:

Perfect! I expected Liz to be pregnant after their boat sex, at the end of season 2, anyway.
    Megan really took one for the team by actually getting pregnant :D

15. Here’s the thing about, I thought pregnant women are not suppose to be dying their hair because the chemicals in dye with seep in the pores of their skin and are harmful to the pregnancy. Liz had her hair dyed back to its natural color.

16. Phaka2 says:

Pretty sure this will be the end of TBL.

17. Cindy says:

Is Reddington Liz father 🙂🙂🙂. I love this show and Dembe…

18. Carol says:

It’s stupid and demeaning to women for Liz to fall for him, again