12 Monkeys Season 2 Trailer: Cole and Cassie Are Reunited in the '40s

12 Monkeys is time trippin’ to the World War II era in a new trailer for the Syfy thriller’s second season (premiering April 18).

But rather than battling the Axis powers, Cassie — who traveled to 2043 in the Season 1 finale — and Cole meet up in the past to stop the titular, nefarious organization, which is using time against itself.

“If they succeed, all of humanity will collapse into itself,” Jones warns.

One thing that apparently doesn’t change, no matter how much you mess with history or the future? Jennifer is “a pain in the ass in every time period,” Cassie laments.

Press PLAY above to watch the preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the action.

1. Kansas Blutbad says:

Excellent show. Current commercial is very well done and funny. Cool Trailer.

2. Katherine215 says:

I love this show so freaking much. My biggest fear is that season 2 can’t possibly live up to the amazing-ness that was season1. Curious how Cole is time-traveling since I thought he was stuck in 2015 forever after he did his reboot thing at the end of season 1.

• Kate says:

I know, but I have confidence they probably already explained it, I’m planning a re watch myself the weekend before it begins just because, well, I can’t totally remember who we can actually trust right now.

3. Kate says:

What is funny, for people who didn’t watch the first season (oh, please do, we’ll wait) but the first trailer actually had a bit more of the tone of the show than this one did. But its kind of fun that maybe there will be some fun to be had (and the more Cassie/Jennifer scenes the better, they are funny and not quite as seemingly tragic as Cassie and Cole’s).

4. Rachel says:

I cannot wait. I freaking love this show!!!

5. Joey Padron says:

New trailer for new season looks really good. So excited to see new season in April! Loved first season!

6. A fan of TV says:

Can not wait!!

7. diane says:

Yay! Looks fun!

8. 1940s story, set to 1960s/1970s action-heist music? Odd choice. Agent Carter must have the market cornered on the swing tunes. Stiil, can’t wait for more!