Teen Wolf Deucalion Scott

Teen Wolf Recap: Scream Queen

Making good on Season 5B’s mantra (“to hell and back”), Tuesday’s Teen Wolf revealed its proverbial underworld. So, um, can we go back now?

The big discovery — 23 corpses, strewn about like a Renaissance painting of the fiery pits — came during Papa Chris and Grandpappy Gerard’s search for the Beast of Gevaudan. Of course, any Teen Wolf fan worth his/her/their salt knows by now that there’s really no point in looking for an enemy. Somehow, they always manage to find you.

And find them it did! The Beast — who, stop me if I’m crazy, kind of looks like Stitch on steroids — interrupted Malia’s long-awaited, highly-dreaded showdown with the Desert Wolf. Honestly, I’m pretty sure the D.W. would have downed her daughter’s blood like a Go-Gurt if Big Stitch hadn’t crashed through that brick wall. (Side note: Stopping the D.W. also allowed for Deaton and Braeden’s escapes, so, I’m starting to think this Beast might not be such a bad guy.)

Teen Wolf Lydia ScreamGranted, he’s not the only one who helped Malia in her way-too-real game of Family Feud; after finally mastering her scream, Lydia pushed out a massive yelp that managed to stop the D.W. dead in her tracks. (Don’t ask me how, though. Seriously, the only thing I understand less than regular science is Teen Wolf science.) She also fought a bunch of guards outside Eichen House, which thrills me, because it means the two timelines of Season 5B have finally merged! (We’re caught up, guys. We did it.)

Speaking of merging, Theo — who was totally working with the D.W. and therefore sucks — met with Deucalion this week, at which point the self-proclaimed Demon Wolf revealed what he wants more than anything else is… Scott’s eyes! (I would’ve gone for his strong jaw, but to each his own.) So there’s another fun thing his pack will have to deal with on top of everything else.

Hey, at least we ended the episode with the whole pack gathered happily under one roof, plotting the rescue of its last missing member. This show’s gotten so dark and confusing, I sometimes forget that these people are all actually friends.

Teen Wolf fans, your thoughts on this week’s hectic hour? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. jrex says:

Since they stated the new Beast was also part “human” like the other chimera’s I keep wondering if it will be significant who is the human half?

• Rook says:

I think it’s Mason. I’m pretty sure they already said it was a teenager and that the person could be completely unaware that it’s them. I mean who else could it be…?

• Sara says:

You have a good POINT! God, but i hope it isn’t him because i liked his character! :/

• Luvprue1 says:

Theo, or Cory. The only reason I think it might be Theo because it would explain why the dread doctors chose him at the age of 9.

• Abs says:

It’s not Theo because they were both together in the same scene last week when Theo confronted the Dread docs and The Beast came lurking around the corner.

• Acheron says:

Yea its probably Mason, but i have an awesome theory. It would be cool if it was Allison, raised from the dead like the Chimeras were. Would make sense cause they keep mentioning the historical connection between the Beast of Gevaudan, and the Argent family.

• john036 says:

I’m betting money on it being Allison/the Argent from the flashback that looks like Allison

2. Kate says:

They are actually not totally caught up with timelines yet, we still have one more scene to see the other perspective from which I suspect is still two weeks away when the pack’s first attempt fails and they call in reinforcements or at least Parrish. But we will see it from Gerard in his warped attempt to help Jordan (and hey, way to actually be super helpful this week).

But the storylines are actually all coming together.

3. Ross says:

How can Lydia’s mother look at a place like Eichen House and actually think it’s “perfectly safe”?? I mean, yeah I get she was referring specifically to the electroshock therapy when she said that, but still… she clearly thinks that is the right place for her daughter, and I can’t honestly see any reason. The place is absolutely disgusting looking for one, and also one of the staff was practically abusive to Lydia right in front of her and she’s still all, “yeah, seems legit”. I really thought the character was smarter than this. The writers really aren’t doing her any favors.

4. Sara says:

Wait…he said he wanted Scott’s eyes? I thought he wanted the beasts’ eyes.

5. Madison says:

What if Scott was the beast I mean just a thought

• Phoenix5634 says:

Maybe the Beast is like the opposite of a True alpha, same basically unlimited power, but for exact opposite reasons, If u know what mean..

6. Tony says:

Am I the one who thinks that Theo’s sister could be the beast!

7. Tony says:

Am the only one who thinks that the beast could be Theo’s sister

8. Greg says:

I was kinda disappointed in a way about Deucalion, I was hoping he had turned good again and was back to help Scott and even fight with him against the beast. ( how cool would it be to see Scott and Deucalion fighting side by side)?Especially after he hired braeden to rescue Peter and Derek a few seasons ago. Think we have enough bad guys this year so far.