American Idol: Here's Our Top 20 Heading Into Hollywood Week!

American Idol heads to Hollywood Week — for the very last time — on Wednesday (8/7c on Fox).

But don’t go getting all weepy about the wrecking ball heading toward The Only House That Owns a Copy of From Justin to Kelly — save your tears for the inevitable (and unexplained) disappearance of multiple front-runners in those “please step forward” montages.

Before those horrors begin, I took the opportunity to rank the 20 most promising contestants headed to Hollywood Week in Season 15. Use it to refresh your memory about who could (or should) survive into the live rounds — or to bash my egregious omissions and favorite-playing. Either one’ll do!

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your pre-Hollywood faves down in the comments!

1. liame says:

Ouch! Looks pretty pathetic.

2. Timmah says:

1. Sonika

• Ben says:

I think Michael is way underestimating Sonika, who for me is also number one right now.

I also like Poh much more than Michael did, and MUCH more than I ever liked Shi.

• Laurie says:

Sonika I really had a cow over. LOVE HER VOICE. Nobody else has THAT voice, although there are great singers this year. Nobody has her tone & she looks very comfortable in her skin. You never can tell til the pressure is amped up though.

3. Mike C. says:

No Mackenzie Bourg? Oh, right, of course not, Slezak. If you can’t pack your list with young women screeching like hyenas and doing more runs than a marathoner you can’t cope. News flash: Not all of us want to hear girls screaming at the top of their lungs, pretending its music.

4. Bryan says:

I agree with your top 2 although I would switch their spots. Jessica Cabral really reminded me of Kelly Clarkson when she sang.

• Mary says:

I put Jessica at the top also, hopefully she makes the top 12. I try not to be to invested at this stage because I know I will be disappointed. I do not see the hype about Manny and although she is a good singer, LaPorsha is not the type of singer I navigate to.

• Kailani says:

Also ranking Jessica Cabral #1. When she’s gone, so am I.

5. Smokey says:

I think there is some very good young talent going to Hollywood. —.. Also, I see that Fantasia, winner of Season 3, recently got signed with a Talent Management Agency known as”Primary Wave Entertainment” , and is working on a new album release for 2016. We will probably see her guesting-in on the final Idol season show a time or two.

6. Megan says:

No Chynna Sherod? I loved her!

7. Florence+TheMachineRules!!! #MariahSlays says:

6 Dalton Rapattoni
    7 Mackenzie Bourg
    8 Manny Torres
    9 Lee Jean
    10 John Wayne

8. Bob Weitzel says:

There is a standout that not only didn’t make your top 20, but is probably the sleeper winner this season. Lee Jean. You only saw 30 seconds of him. You have no idea that he is a triple threat and will loved by young female voters. Check him out on YouTube, along with his duet partner Hannah Lyndsay Lane.

9. DarkDefender says:

La’Porsha is the one to beat. Heffa can sing!!

10. Jordyn Simone? Sleazak you missed Jordyn Simone? She needs to be in the top 20

11. Piers says:

Since I already have a list of the top 24, I assume you do also. Nice mix here to gin up interest, but can’t imagine what possessed you to throw in a couple of the rejects.

12. Toby says:

WOW you know nothing has changed and I’m glad your going off the air because you surely don’t know how to judge. You have gotten rid of more good singers then bad for whatever reason just like all the other seasons and I think the show is fixed so it’s a shame plus contestants should not be allowed to have instruments while they sing, only vocals cause that’s what it’s about…

13. HTGR says:

Good god how do you have Emilie and Tristan so low and La Porshca 99.9999% of the performance is runs and awkward stopped phrasing and 0.0001% melody at the very top?
    And how is Poh not even on the list?