Scandal Promo Teases Olivia/[Spoiler] Hook-Up, Promises Jaw/Floor Reunion

Maybe this Scandal actor had it wrong after all?

Because a new promo for the back half of Season 5 shows Jake declaring himself tired of “waiting” — to which Liv seems to give not a damn. And yet the same video then shows her leaping into his arms, hooking her legs around his waist and… etcetera.

My prediction, having seen a promo or two in my years: It’s a misdirect, that she’s hurrying him into the clinch to hide their faces from a ne’er-do-well lurking nearby.

Or… or maybe it is indeed passion re-re-re-reignited? :-O

Whatever the case, all told the trailer promises to “reacquaint your jaw with the floor” when the ABC drama returns Feb. 11. Which is nice.

Want more scoop on Scandal, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. MiaB says:

Olivia not in white, beige or gray? It’s a brave new world.

2. Cena Gomez says:

Looks like the same triangle that played out for the last 3 seasons. Olivia loves Fitz, but she’ll sleep with Jake and use him when she can’t have Fitz. Boring….sorry, not going to watch this crap.

3. niloofar says:

this pointless back and forth will never end

4. Lizzie says:

I’d rather Olivia and Jake than Olivia and Fitz. That relationship is a toxic mess and so boring to watch, even though I can’t deny that they have great chemistry. I’m over it now. Let’s move on.

5. Courtney says:

Yassss to Olivia and Jake. I agree, the back and forth is annoying, but I love their chemistry.

6. William says:

God, this show is so damn circular. I just don’t understand why they refuse to move on from the very thing that’s ruining the series. What made Scandal exciting during S1-S2 was the fact that it was unpredictable. Each episode built towards the main arc, which not only made it engaging but ultimately entertaining. This Fitz/Olivia and Olivia/Jake run around makes Scandal a joke compared to what it once was.

7. Annie says:

I’m getting a little tired of the Liv/Fitz/Jake stuff. It’s just been an unending circle of repetition.

8. Brian says:

I just don’t get the Jake thing on this show. He makes Olivia look stupid and wishy washy. How does being with him show any growth with her character? At least do something different and really let them build up their relationship slowly. But if she’s quickly trying to get with him, why should we take them seriously? She’s still obviously a mess emotionally.

• Cena Gomez says:

Jake’s only purpose is the triangle. Shonda likes him, so he stays on the show, so the triangle from 3 seasons ago lives on. It is lazy writing if you ask me. Olivia chose Fitz, the man she claims to love. So why are we back to Liv sleeping with Jake? Why not a new guy? What was the point of picking Fitz and then going back to Jake? It is redundant and stupid. I laughed when Kerry said Olivia has changed and is different. The only thing that changed was the color of her clothes. There is no growth to the character. Olivia hanging around her deplorable Papa, B613 still alive, and back to having sex with the guy her dad calls son. Disgusting even by Scandal standards. Who sends guy to have sex with their daughter? The great Papa Pope, who is free and having dinner instead of being in prison for killing the President’s son. Mellie running for President is ridiculous. Fans were not happy with the Winter finale and from the reaction I read on twitter and facebook, they aren’t happy with this promo. Its going to be interesting to see how Scandal does in the ratings when you have most of the fanbase unhappy.

9. Whatevah says:

GROSS…I cannot stand Jake and Olivia..

10. David4 says:

They should shake the show up and kill off Fitz and/or Jake.

And the dad. Start killing people off again and I’ll start watching again.

11. liame says:

Yes! This is going to be exciting and fun to watch. Yo squad are you READY? Red and White for this return Ladies!

12. Bill says:

The white hat is now gone? It’s been gone for a long time. Liv is a vile human being. That being said I can’t wait lol

13. Mak says:

Olivia is a hot mess, all this back and forth is exhausting…Olivia left Fitz out of her own will…so why does she miss him…and she told Jake earlier this season that she chooses Fitz so why are they hooking up…BUT Mellie & Liv teaming up & working together, now I can get behind that.

14. Lerbert says:

I think this is the right direction to take. The Jake stuff doesn’t bother me as much as I actually enjoy the character. I didn’t think that the fall finale was the turning point for Liv–rather her decision to let her father out of jail rather than marry Fitz–who by the way really deserves some character development–was the big moment. So I hope we don’t have to hear anymore speeches on doing “what’s right” or “telling the truth” with her clients. Everyone besides Susan on this show is shady! Better to own it. And please no Huck serial killer action on the back half. And less monologues more dialogue for Mellie in the New Year!