Palin's Trump Endorsement: Colbert Cheers Return of Original 'Material' Girl

Stephen Colbert doesn’t want any of that “hopey-changey” hoopla from Barack Obama and the “lamestream media.” He’s more than satisfied with Sarah Palin’s greatest hits.

The Late Show host could not hide his delight on Wednesday when discussing John McCain’s 2008 running mate, who earlier this week endorsed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump for president.

Inspired by Palin’s ability to get the job done while “speaking in tongues,” Colbert channeled his inner hockey mom and offered up a few endorsements of his own.

Watch the segment above, then drop a line in the comments.

1. Mary says:

This whole GOP Presidential race is like a parody, sad part of it one of these buffoons might be elected. It does make for good late night TV but truthfully I wish they wouldn’t give Trump anymore recognition.

• herman1959 says:

This is one more reason why EVERYONE’S vote counts.

• Me says:

Ok, let’s be real. BOTH Sides of the political spectrum are awful. You have Trump the moron on the right, and a socialist and possible criminal on the left. Politics in this country are going to hell quickly.

• Ok says:

What’s wrong with democratic socialism? Is it supposed to be an insult? You’ll pay taxes the same way you’d pay under a republican president, the difference is that they’d go towards seeing people don’t go bankrupt from getting sick, rather towards bombing civillians in some foreign land.

• carrabus says:

word

• Me says:

I counter with Greece, Spain and USSR. We can’t afford socialism. We can’t afford to deport 11 million people either, so I stand by my ultimate point: Politics in this country are going to hell.

• Joey says:

@Me: You clearly don’t comprehend the difference between socialism and democratic socialism. I’d advise even a cursory glance at a political science textbook.

• Glenda says:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Are you 12? Read the constitution, Declaration of Independence or maybe the Magna Carta…then study WW I, WW II, fascism through socialistic ideas = failure always. And Colbert knows what will grow his ratings…repeat the current lies (and old Tina Fey petards) instead of her record of achievements . Too bad the truth about Hillary is never told instead of the b.s. @ Palin. Old. Trite.

• Mary says:

Palin has a record of achievements? Trickle down doesn’t work either so what do you suggest. Palin sets herself up for these late night shows, she has a habit of inserting foot into mouth all on her own.

• Bee says:

Uh, what? World War I was based on fascism through socialistic ideas? What? And also the Nazis were not actually socialists. Socialism was in the name? Sure it was – they simply completely redefined what the word ‘socialism’ actually meant and made it mean nationalistic fascism. Which is not socialism at all.

Since you like reading so much, why not read some history books?

• Angela says:

Please do feel free to list all of Palin’s achievements. Quitting one’s term halfway through doesn’t exactly scream “achievement” to me, but hey. *Shrugs*

• Ok says:

WW1 (which was fought by a hereditary emperor, so not so socialist) was the result of imperialism and colonial competition, which Bernie wants to counter. You should consider taking your own advice, and no, I’m not 12, but I think I’d still be mentally older than you if I were.

• Angela says:

I don’t know what you’re referring to with the “possible criminal” part, but Sanders hasn’t suggested we deny an entire group of people entry into this country because of the actions of extremists, so that alone makes him better than Trump.

• Joey says:

I think that person was referring to Sanders as the “socialist” and Clinton as the “possible criminal”… Both are lies, of course, but you know…

• Angela says:

Ah, yeah, that could be. I didn’t know if there was some news about Sanders possibly being involved in some sort of political criminal activity or something that I’d missed :p.

• Ok says:

I don’t think you understand.
        Nobody wants a radical Red October or anything. We already pay taxes, some of us just want to see them utilised well, and not spent only on corporate subsidies and ICBMs. And no, communism isn’t the only alternative to unregulated capitalism. It’s possible to have a merit-based society and still stop corporations from exploiting people.
        Or course, Bernie might just turn out to be another Obama, but he’s worth a shot.

• carrabus says:

Get out and vote so that can’t happen!

2. ohwell! says:

Brilliant.

3. Angela says:

That segment made me so happy. I love Colbert :D.
    Yeeeeesh, Palin’s as obnoxious as ever, it seems. And why is Trump still in this freaking race, and doing well at that?!