HTGAWM Promo: 'Next-Level Crazy' Includes Babies, Guns and Roofies!

ABC’s promo department has made it abundantly clear that popcorn and red wine are on the approved snack list for its #TGIT/Shondaland lineup. But the new promo for the second half of How to Get Away With Murder‘s second season tells us what not to eat while Annalise Keating and her minions cover up crimes, rescue their clients and try to keep up respectable law-school GPAs.

Strawberry ice cream is apparently off the menu — as the above trailer shows somebody emptying a capsule into the sweet treat. The act is perpetrated by a white male (Asher? Frank? Connor?), but who’s getting dessert remains a mystery.

We’ve also got Annalise doing the “slide down the wall in horror,” Nate asking our antiheroine if she wants to die and that crazy baby scene teased in ABC’s #TGIT promos a couple weeks back.

Oh, and if the “Shock, gasp, repeat” tagline sounds familiar, that’s how we described the HTGAWM formula in our gallery of 2015’s 10 Best Drama Series.

Press PLAY above for the full trailer, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Adam Gri Bramble says:

Can’t wait I binged watched the 1st season then 1st half of the 2nd one. Hope it remains awesomely shocking. 😁

2. John Davis says:

I love this show.

3. herman1959 says:

I’m betting the baby was Wes; remember when Annalise said “it’s him”? I looking forward to it.

4. JB Smooove says:

next level crazy is a close cousin to jump the shark.

5. Matt C. says:

“Shock, gasp, repeat” is the perfect tagline for this show. ABC should really be giving you guys credit for that one! This show has quickly become my favorite part of the TGIT line-up.

6. Christine says:

I’m pretty sure the ice cream thing is being done by a woman. They’re wearing a fairly feminine bracelet. My money is on Eve because she seems super sketchy!

• Amy says:

I’ll fight you! Eve is a cinnamon roll made to perfection. I kinda am hoping she’s shadier than she seems, tho… Can’t want to see!

• Christine says:

Oh I think she’s wonderful! And on a show where you’re not really sure who the heck you should be rooting for sketchy isn’t a bad thing. I would just love to see her get her hands a little dirtier you know?

7. Angela says:

So glad we’re getting ever closer to the return of this show. That mid-season finale had me on the edge of my seat and I cannot wait to see where they’ll go next. If this promo’s any indication, it’s good to know the show still plans to be as crazy and intense as ever :D.