Teen Wolf Kira

Teen Wolf Recap: Fox and the Sound

If during the course of Tuesday’s Teen Wolf you thought you were watching four different shows at the same time, you’re not alone.

In a strange-but-innovative programming move, MTV decided to test out a handful of new shows by airing them concurrently in the same time slot. The result was the following:

* Show No. 1: Road Trippin’ With Scott and Stiles, in which two best friends drive through the desert and swap secrets like “your ex-girlfriend is trying to kill her mother” and “I murdered that kid in the library.” (Anyone else starting to detect a theme here?) This was my favorite of the four shows, but they’ll have to fix those green screen issues if they hope to be picked up to series.

* Show No. 2 — also set in the desert, so it’s definitely a Road Trippin’ spinoff — was Kira’s Big Test, in which a spritely young fox battles her inner demons in the hopes of regaining control of her powers. In a surprise twist, Kira actually fails her test, but like most millennials, she’s bailed out after her mom has a talk with her teachers.

* Show No. 3, shot on location at Eichen House, was The Afro Hour, in which an inexperienced banshee named Lydia is schooled in the ways of screaming by her undead stalker. (Seriously, we haven’t forgotten that she was the Benefactor, right?)

* And then there was untitled show No. 4, likely the lowest-rated of the bunch, which shows everything happening back in Beacon Hills: Liam and Hayden’s star-crossed drama, Mason and his new chimera trick, and whatever’s going on between Theo and Malia. (As the great Katherine Pierce once said: “Kiss me or kill me. We both know you’re only capable of one.”) I enjoyed the reveal that Theo is looking for the blind Alpha, but I would have enjoyed it more if Deucalion’s return was any kind of a secret.

Which Teen Wolf mini-show did you enjoy most this week? Drop a comment with your pick below.

1. Skittles&Bits says:

In the hands of a much more capable show runner, I feel like Teen Wolf would’ve been really good; perhaps enough to launch into cult phenomenon status instead of leaving it wallowing as typical MTV hormone-driven fanfare. I still think Void!Stiles is the best villain to date because Theo (seriously dude, you’re sniffing for scraps from the dudes who Frankenstein’d you together??? When he flashed his amber peepers at the DD practically demanding they pay what they owe and turn him into an alpha, I giggled–snorts included) and Shadow-Fido aren’t bringing the suspense or the thrills like O’Brien’s villainous arc did. At least Scott and Stiles are talking, which is the only consolation so far to this half of the season. *sigh*

2. Ditzy-D says:

I thought the same thing. Was so glad that there was some Scott and Stiles bonding but the green screen during their heart to heart was so distracting. Next week looks good.

3. BB says:

This season is HORRIBLE. 5A was watchable but 5B is dreadful. I’m almost ready to stop watching :-/

4. Longmire4ever says:

I will never stop watching because of Stiles and Scott. However, 5b is a yawn fest and the horrible green screen was so distracting during S&S screen. I do miss void Stiles. I am really enjoying Lydia and Meredith interactions as well. The story just needs to move along much faster. I never will be so happy for Theo character to disappear. I miss Derek so much!!!!

5. hipster says:

Do the one thing ‘Glee’ managed to do right towards the end and cut the new class loose to develop stories for your core group. Heck, I’ll even take Kira and Malia along to deepen their arcs but Liam his horny Scooby-Doo gang is not working.

6. ScottJ says:

Season 5A was about tearing everything and everyone apart. This half-season is about putting it all back together again. Its not going to happen instantly but the show is moving pretty fast all the same. The side plots are being completed one by one, and that’s going to leave the focus on Scott’s reformed pack, Dread Doctors and the Beast for the last few episodes. I’m not sure where they’ll go with Theo though..might be a combined pack, or might be an awful lot of cannon fodder.

7. I find Liam’s storyline to be the least interesting, but it feels like they spend so much time with it. You get one or two scenes with Lydia, one or two scenes with Malia, but then we have to spend so much time with this storyline I find to be good if you really like Liam, but I’m more of a fan of Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Kira, & Malia. Next week seems more action-y so hopefully it’s more enjoyable.

8. Phoenix5634 says:

Where are Derek and Peter Hale this season ? I bet Peter could take on the Beast, if he got alpha back and a big pack for power. Or maybe the Beast is Peter. The Beast kind of looks like a giant version of Peters alpha form from season 1, maybe it’s him. The Hale family have always been special in the werewolf community for their unique transformations, maybe the Dread Doctors turned Peter into the beast, and Peter would totally want that power.

9. Phoenix5634 says:

So excited for Deucalions’ return! I’ve been waiting for him to come back since he left lol. I hope he’s still “demon wolf” powerful, and close to same personality.

I swear to god if the chimeras try to kill him for his Alpha status, and by some miracle succeed in taking the Demon Wolfs’ alpha, I will be so livid with the show if that happens. I’ve been waiting for Deucalion to return and get another solid storyline for seasons now!

Can’t wait for next week!

10. makparis says:

I want to watch the show Road Tripping’ with Scott and Stiles. I loved their scenes. This should so be a five minute weekly web series. Just Scott and Stiles discussing one of a hundred topics or questions that we fans want answers to. It doesn’t matter where they are going or maybe they are just working on Roscoe together, as long as we get some bonding and some answers.

The only other part of this episode that I really liked was watching Malia beat the crap out of Theo. Why didn’t she just finish the job and make us all happy?

11. Phoenix5634 says:

Do they still do the Wolf Watch aftershow? I liked that show afterwards

12. mary says:

I just want to know why MTV only aired this once, yet Teen Moms was on a million times? They’re not doing it any favors.

13. Rook says:

Anyone thinking that Mason might be the beast?

14. Loki_Rajah says:

How is Deucalion blind if Jennifer restored is eye sight at the end of season 3 ??

• Lime says:

YES THANK YOU! I mean, the show runners can’t even remember that?

• Phoenix5634 says:

I’ve been wondering that as well, I rationalized as he’s just heard of the “blind alpha” Deucalion had that reputation for a long time. Maybe he doesn’t know he can see again.

15. Dominique says:

i thoroughly enjoyed the scott/stiles and kira bits. very refreshing and it felt more like the early seasons.
    i have to ask tho; what is wrong with hayden? why is she so bordeline crazy? she’s a b*tch, then she plays nice, then she’s nasty again, then she wants to kiss. what a terrible, horrible character. can’t for the life of my figure out why liam’s so crazy about her. you don’t let your partner treat you like that.

16. Elisco says:

I swear this is the worst for tv shows recap.
    Damn it you guys are so horrible at reviewing (from the flash down to teen wolf). seriously you are the worst, you make all shows bad and make your site stupid

17. Nicole says: