Exclusive

Shadowhunters Video: Follow the Show's Cast Into the City of Bones

Friendly warning: This article contains spoilers from Tuesday’s episode of Shadowhunters.

Well, that didn’t take long.

The second installment of Freeform’s Shadowhunters on Tuesday brought viewers inside the infamous City of Bones, where Clary visited the equally infamous Silent Brothers in an attempt to regain her lost memories.

The episode also featured a huge bombshell, one not revealed until the end of Cassandra Clare’s first Mortal Instruments book: Clary is Valentine’s daughter!

As you allow that shocker to sink in, check out TVLine’s exclusive behind-the-scenes video, in which the show’s stars take fans deeper into the City of Bones.

“It’s terrifying, but it’s beautiful at the same time,” says Katherine McNamara, describing Clary’s interaction with the Silent Brothers as “one of the most intense scenes” from the series.

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment with your reaction(s) to Tuesday’s episode below.

1. Mak says:

Much better than the pilot episode..The show has much thrilling content to work with but what’s ruining this is the terrible acting across the board esp Clary. This episode with the right cast/ acting would have seriously killed it.

2. Gina says:

Im really loving this show! I know it’s changed a bit from the books but I actually like the changes. It wouldn’t be as interesting if it was exactly like the book. And I can’t think of a tv show or movie that is. I also really love most of the cast on the show. Most of the main ones are exactly how I pictured them in the books minus luke and Magnus. I don’t think the acting is as terrible as some are making it. It’s certainly better than the movie. That’s for sure.

3. Csb says:

I agree that the acting, particularly Clary, is just NOT good. I think the storytelling got better this episode, and the acting from the periphery players improved, but every time she opens her mouth I get torn out of the story. Her running terribly in heels killed me.

I also don’t love what they have done with the institute. It’s suppose to be a beautiful classic building and feel a bit hollow. Instead it is bustling with random people and technology that seem out of place.

I’m hope that the show settles in and gets better. I really want to love it.

4. Charles says:

Your headline frakkin’ had spoilers too. Thanks a lot.

5. Jennifer says:

They are burning through the book story lines at an impressive rate.

• Temperance says:

There isn’t much story there, especially if you remove the whining, the fixation on clothing, etc. Very interesting worldbuilding, and the characters are well suited to this type of show, but they are going to have to start fleshing out the plot (and the directors need to work on getting more honestly out of the actors).

6. Abs says:

I’m bothered by the show saying that it was sticking to the books and it absolutely is not.

That being said…

If you look at it separate from the books…it’s good! I’ll buy in. Hoping the acting improves–a little too unnaturally intense.

What’s up with a hit Hodge? And he’s supposed to be old enough to be Clary’s father? (Being Clary’s parents were his good friend)