My Time/Your Time Pilot

My Time/Your Time: CBS Orders HIMYM Creators' Long-Distance Dating Pilot

Two years after How I Met Your Mother bid a controversial farewell to viewers, series creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are returning to CBS to spin another love story — with another twist.

Based on the web series 7P/10E by Avital Ash (pictured above), My Time/Your Time will tell the story of two young lovers attempting to make their long-distance relationship work, TVLine has learned.

CBS has ordered a pilot, written by Hilary Winston and directed by Bays and Thomas. All three will serve as executive producers.

Would you make time (sorry) for this potential series? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. DJ Doena says:

Hope it burns to the ground directly with the pilot.

2. I’m not interested because I just know they’re going to screw this up just they did with HIMYM if it gets picked up to series. I will never trust these two to run a show ever again.

3. Spoiler alert: After a year, one of them cheats and then they break up, then they date other people. A magic career offer puts one into the other’s town, they almost rekindle their relationship but they marry other people, flash foward to 2034 where they become each other’s second spouses after one widows and the other has a messy divorce. Yay, romance.

4. Babybop728 says:

Glad to see I’m not the only one still bitter after that finale. Can’t trust them any more!

5. Jayemay says:

No. Never again.

6. Hipper says:

LoL. Yeah, right…. Remember when CBS didn’t pick up ‘How I Met Your Dad’ because everyone was still bitter about the HIMYM series finale?

• pjschumm says:

I think what really happened there was that Bays and Thomas refused the CBS demand to have final say over how the show would be resolved if it went beyond the first season.

7. pdxreader says:

Of course I will watch it! After everyone raves about it, is obsessed with it, it runs for 10 years and the Twitter sphere talks about how those two guys sure learned their lesson and gave a satsfying finale to an awesome series, THEN I will watch it.

8. Wendy says:

Their last jaunt made me dispose of my DVDs. I could no longer watch, knowing what I knew. They ruined an entire series IN AN HOUR. Like someone else said below, I’ll let others watch and, if it lasts and doesn’t nosedive when it ends, MAYBE I’d watch in syndication. But as of now? Big fat no.

9. Isabela Milanezzi says:

Oh my god! I can’t believe people are still whining about HIMYM’s end. I’m sorry It didn’t end the way you wanted to but It was two years ago. Get over it!

• Gern Blanston says:

No, I watch the show therefore I own the show and everyone attached to the show . The writers must write whatever I want them to write at all times or, I am going to whine incessantly online. Its the exciting new way to watch TV!!! If any of the writers step out of line even once then they are dead to me and I will badmouth any project that they do in the future without ever having seen it. Isn’t the internet fun!!!

• DJ Doena says:

Why should I? I only have one life to live. Only about 80 years or so. Why should I spend it watching a show made by guys who don’t understand that their own show has evolved?

There’s too much good TV out there to spend the time on mediocre writers.

• militantgod says:

Yup, If we followed the rules of completely abandoning a show because we didn’t like the finale, then we would all be missing out on arguably the best show on TV right now, The Leftovers.

10. Eli says:

Never trusting again on these frackers.

11. pinky says:

No way. Not interested. Never

12. Eric says:

I love Bays/Thomas. I know that a single episode made everyone turn against HIMYM, and by extension those who created it, but I think that that’s totally unfair. It was a fun, warm show for nine whole good-to-great seasons, and we can’t forget that simply because the show didn’t end the way people wanted it to. For the record, I really enjoyed the finale and I’m excited for Bays and Thomas to get another chance. If this makes it to series, I’ll be watching.

• misery chick says:

That “single episode” went against everything the show supposedly stood for. For nine years the characters were written in a certain way, and from that loyal viewers formed certain expectations, which is normal.

Of COURSE Bays & Thomas have the right to end THEIR show THEIR way. That being said, the surprise twist went against EVERYTHING that was written and portrayed on the show with no time to react.
      For NINE LONG YEARS we waited for Ted to meet his one true love, the titular mother; we met her, barely got to know her before she popped out 2 kids (“How I Met The Womb You Came Out Of?”) and she DIES.
      This show had been so intricately plotted, beautifully written with such subtlety & nuance…yeah, I felt sh*t upon by B & T, and they can go to H**L!

13. Fernanda says:

C’mon.. besides the finale HIMYM had a good run on TV.. it’s time to move on.. the HIMYM finale could be the next gag for them in their new shows.. I give them a chance

14. Alan Rodrigues says:

Dear Lord people need to lay off the hate for the HIMYM creators already, it got tiresome last year and by now it’s just sad. If you watched nine whole seasons of a TV show, I’m sorry to say it, but you enjoyed it, and no matter how angry you got at the ending, it was still nine amazing years and they have the potential to make something just as amazing! Stop being haters and move on already!

15. Okay Dude says:

Oh cmon people.
    I know the finale gutted us, but the show was pretty funny and cute, especially in the beginning, so why is everyone so bitter? It’ll probably be more entertaining than 90 percent of comedies on networks.

16. DreamRose311 says:

Ok, I’m glad there started being more positive comments towards the end of the list (to this point), I felt like I was starting to lose my mind. One creative decision, that was made years in advance, and knowing how these guys write, it was likely based off of one of them or someone they know. It’s not an unrealistic decision, it stays true to a modern realistic idea that timing in relationships is everything, just because someone isn’t the right person now doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be the right person in the future depending on circumstances. People seem to think that the ending means that he was really just in love with Robin the whole time, but that’s not what it means at all! Every story he tells about Tracy, every flash…middle I guess… that we see shows that he was perfectly happily in love. As much as I prefer the idea of Robin and Barney together, that wasn’t their story, and I think the actual biggest mistake that Carter & Bays made was leaving out a deleted scene from the finale that shows Ted and Robin getting lunch or dinner and the conversation they have I think really would’ve helped show where they were at that point in their lives. I still love the show, the finale is not my favorite, but I’ll still include it when I do a full rewatch, because in many ways it does fit what I loved about the show all along. I’m sorry people still have such anger about it, but it’s definitely no reason to hate the whole series, let alone anything new they do sight unseen.

Sorry… I’ve almost made this rant like 10 times over the past year… guess it finally had to come out

17. John NYC says:

And that “innovative” twist will be one or both of them are dead and their side of the communication has been taken over by an AI!

Just.

18. Asia says:

Nope. I have no interest in watching any shows that these writers come up with.

19. Luis says:

People would not still harbor such hatred if Thomas/Bays had not succeeded in creating such relatable, winning characters that fans could invest in emotionally and feel like they were sharing in the characters’ adventures, all of which bodes well for a new series with a potentially interesting premise. That being said, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

20. pjschumm says:

Even if Carter and Bays had to get the OK from CBS brass on how this show would conclude I still wouldn’t trust them. The finale of HIMYM was not only disappointing in its conclusion it was terrible TV. I’m not wasting my time on anything they produce.

21. Yeeeah, sounds like a cute concept – shame we’d all have to be crazy to buy into a show run by them again after the way HIMYM ended. Maybe they should at least steer clear of the romantic sitcoms, aim for a different demographic that doesn’t know how they (mis)handle things.

22. Sg. Grant says:

This site left out the most important part. Does anyone want to view the website this is based on? It is actually really great stuff.

23. Man… Almost 2 years down the line people are still ticked of at Carter/Thomas… Thats what you get when you treat your fans like tools… This show will be lucky to get half a season if it even gets out of pilot… people are watching these two bozos like hawks…

24. Bob says:

We want How I Met Your Father With Cristin Milioti.

25. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

That said, the premise sounds really interesting, so, I’ll watch that web series. And that’s it. In 10 years, if the finale gets rave reviews, I’ll give it a chance.