Arrow Trailer Paints a Target on [Spoiler]'s Back — Plus: Roy, Nyssa, Goth Felicity and More Return

If you were hoping Arrow would narrow down the list of characters who might be in that flash forward grave, this newly released Season 4 trailer probably isn’t going to qualm your anxiety.

Arrow Thea GraveEveryone from a hospital-ridden Felicity and Thea (!) to a bloody Laurel appear to be potential future residents of that cemetery plot.

On the bright side, the preview also offers up a glimpse at some much welcome (Roy! Nyssa!), surprising (Katana!) and truly shocking (Goth Felicity flashback?!) returns.

Plus: Oliver gets competition in the mayoral race, someone finds themselves on the receiving end of a pointed gun and Damien puts an arrow in The Green Arrow.

Press PLAY above to get a sneak peek at the back half of Season 4, resuming this Wednesday at 8/7c on The CW, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the action.

1. You know, in the comics Oliver once died and then, years later. Hal Jordan, aka Green Lantern, aka Parallax, brought him back to life. Now, I’m not saying that same scenario will play out, merely suggesting that Oliver may have been forced to fake his own death.

This is mere guesswork as I haven’t seen the episode yet to know the context of whatever conversation these two had while they were looking down at the headstone, I’m merely pointing out something that happened in the comics.

2. A says:

I wouldn’t say Goth Felicity was a flashback, I’d say it was a hallucination. Looks like the loft/apartment in the background.

• Kate says:

I think its supposed to be a hallucination, I heard that she would be having one as part of the Felicity is not becoming Oracle thing that the producers were doing last week.

3. Micaela says:

Finally we get some Laurel in this promos!

4. sarah t says:

I totally missed Goth Felicity (mainly b/c I didn’t recognize her). I’m wondering if that’s an hallucination too. Hmmm… seriously can’t wait! Looks pretty good!

5. Ellyce says:

Looks good. Really interested in Goth Felicity. I know that they are still trying to sell that Felicity dies, but I needed more Felicity in that trailer.

• Lizzie says:

It just felt so odd not seeing her or hearing her voice. They’d be crazy to kill her off. Absolutely crazy. It just didn’t feel right without her.

6. Rem_Marshall says:

Well… Oliver visits Thea at the hospital wearing the exact same suit than the one with the grave…
    But a six-month plot about who’s in it and they just spill the beans in a promo ?
    Plus, if he’s wearing this suit for the funeral, why would he wear it before Thea’s death ?
    I’m thinking that Thea and another character will get caught in a very messy situation. One badly injured (Thea) and the other killed. Oliver goes to the funeral (in the suit) and right after that go check on Thea.

However, Ollie’s running for mayor. So he might be wearing a suit much more than usual.

PS : I’ve never used “wear” and “suit” so much. :D

• Gail says:

Roy killed, Thea seriously injured seems to make the most sense to me. Wraps up Roy’s story and Thea can be with her new guy.

• I thought I said it, but apparently no. I also think the other character is Roy. I don’t really know why he would resurface for just one episode. Plus, it’s the less risky scenario since Roy is off the show since last season !

• wonderwall says:

Interesting speculation.

Thea is usually paired with Laurel because they’re good friends. IMO Thea might get into a messy situation with Laurel and either she or Quentin (who figures out his daughter is in danger) will die trying to save Thea?

I refuse to believe Diggle is the one in the grave…

7. Tara says:

Yasssss more Laurel in the promos!!!

8. Lizzie says:

Without Felicity that promo left me cold. It didn’t feel like Arrow, weirdly enough. Strange but true.

I’m excited for Diggle’s storyline and Roy’s return but I can leave everything else.

9. Laura says:

Can I get an ‘amen’ for actors like John Barrowman, who manage to bring out the humour in even the darkest of moments! Capt. Jack Harkness lives!!

10. Diane says:

This just confirms if Felicity isn’t on the show I don’t care. It’s the same story as s1… Oliver wants revenge. Laurel wants him to be cool. Whatever.

Although laurel trying to speak on holding Someone hostage (Sara) or a revenge hunt ( Komodo) is riiiiiich and funny

11. Michael says:

It is just now occurring to me that the grave might belong to Lyla (Diggle’s wife). Minor character but her death would have a high emotional impact.

12. Julian says:

Is Celina Jade who appeared before Goth Felicity?

13. Azerty says:

Arsenal!!!!! (but this makes me more and more worried he is indeed going to be the one in the grave).

14. I don’t know why it’s shocking to see Goth Felicity again. We already know the Calculator is coming on as her father. Obviously that story would feature flashbacks to when he was around. Pro tip – In the comics Calculator’s daughter ended up paralyzed in a wheelchair.

15. Ali says:

So, are we saying that amnesia is out of the question for Felicity…? Who’s to say she hasn’t reverted back to her Goth days with no memory of the last 4 years?

16. Luis says:

I love Goth Felicity!

17. KateFaulkner27 says:

Can someone slow that trailer down just a smidge? There was so much stuff crammed into it that I can’t handle all the feels… should I be happy? Excited? Horrified? Depressed? Somebody needs to do a minute by minute breakdown…

18. Treena says:

Was that Mei or Shado also in the trailer?

19. ChrisGa says:

Glad to see Nyssa back; best female character on the show IMO.

20. Carla Krae says:

Yep, spotted Shado or her twin in there, too.
    Malcolm’s last line…..lol.

21. wonderwall says:

A couple of things: Promo needed more Felicity, IMO because the show just isn’t the same without her and the promo proved that to me. The promo also needed more Diggle.

I was pleasantly surprised by certain guest stars coming back! I’m excited for Tatsu, Lyla, and Shado (although this may be her evil twin).

Thea in the hospital /again/? I’m kind of getting tired of it.

Who is Laurel to preach about keeping someone prisoner? She’s the one who chained her sister up in a dark dingy basement without light/a pillow or blanket/toilet/anything. Big moral speeches don’t look good on Laurel IMO.

22. acurat says:

Seems that Speedy gets a number of more stunts in the second half. Not a bad attraction.

23. Tru says:

Can anyone can tell who is the girl at 2:16? Because to me she looks like to be Death of the Endless

24. Joey Padron says:

The new trailer for new episodes looks great! Excited to watch new episode tonight!

25. sladewilson says:

Am I the only person who thinks Malcolm is the absolute best anti-hero on TV today? So be it. That last line was absolutely perfect. For the life of me I can’t understand why DC won’t use their current CW heroes as their movie heroes. Ugh. Arrow is off the chain….

26. My guess at grave is Felicity’s mom.She is only a guest star,so this could be her way off the show (per contract).Hoping Ra’s will not make a comeback.Seems they can come up with more criminal elements that the gang can go after.