Jessica Jones Sex Scenes

Jessica Jones' Graphic Sex Scenes: Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter Kiss and Tell

Jessica Jones‘ intense sex scenes were not a complete chore to shoot, according to the Netflix drama’s titular star, Krysten Ritter.

“If you’re gonna have to do a scene like that, it’s not terrible to have to do it with Mike [Colter],” the actress said of the graphic romps between Jessica and Luke in Season 1. “I always felt really safe and protected.”

Ritter, appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena alongside her fellow cast members and producers, reminded reporters that the scenes in question are “so choreographed” and, as a result, “there’s really nothing sexy about it…  [But it wasn’t] as bad as it could have been.”

Added Colter: “It turned out as good as it could have… We just try to keep the jokes to a minimum when we’re doing [those scenes].”

On the subject of the Marvel series’ adult situations, exec producer Jeph Loeb explained, “It was important to establish this as an adult drama. There’s an element of sexuality that is important.”

1. Shaun says:

I certainly enjoyed it :)

2. Azerty says:

I read a lot of comments about this scene. I don’t understand the problem while in the previous Marvel/Netflix show a guy got beaten up to death with a car door. Way more disturbing than any sex scene in my opinion.

3. Ellinaras78 says:

“Graphic”? Only for network TV folks.

4. trista says:

I don’t recall it being graphic. I guess their definition is different than mine.

5. Bark Star says:

It was only graphic for americans. For the civilised world, it was rather tame.

6. mike says:

I don’t remember it being even a little bit graphic. Pretty tame actually. Graphic to me means either violence or boobs. wasn’t any of either

7. R.O.B. says:

These scenes are starting to get old. Maybe this opinion comes with being a parent, but I think there is way too much focus on sex these days (on TV and everywhere else), and on showing as much of it as is allowed. It is the same with gore. If you tell a story right, you can accomplish a lot without being explicit about it. Sex can be implied through onscreen chemistry (and is actually sexier that way), and we don’t have to see brain matter and 5 pints of blood to know something violent just occurred – these actors are talented. You can accomplish the same sense of shock with a look and a good soundtrack.

8. Norville Rogers says:

Nothing graphic about it – I’ve seen more graphic sex scenes on NYPD Blue.