Shades of Blue Ratings

Ratings: Shades of Blue Slips 28% From Premiere, Still Wins Time Slot

NBC’s Shades of Blue this Thursday drew 6.6 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating (per finals), down 23 and 28 percent from its solid premiere yet still winning its time slot.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Heroes Reborn (3.8 mil/1.0) ticked down a tenth, while The Blacklist (7.5 mil/1.6) was steady.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | American Idol (8.7 mil/2.2) slipped 15 and 19 percent week-to-week.

CBS | Big Bang Theory (15.8 mil/3.8) was steady, while Life in Pieces (9.2 mil/2.0), Mom (8.3 mil/1.7) and Elementary (6 mil/1.1) all dipped a tenth. Angel From Hell (7 mil/1.3) was down 12 and 19 percent from its debut.

ABC | Beyond the Tank (4.1 mil/1.0) was steady, that diet show (2.1 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth.

1. Kansas Blutbad says:

Elementary remains excellent!

2. The real test for Shades of Blue is when the rest of Thursday night comes back.

3. Boiler says:

Maybe people will figure out how great Elementary is when it moves to Sunday

• Jane says:

Actually I think it will hurt it since there is so much competition. I doubt I will see it again since I already DVR or watch so much stuff on Sunday and the CBS stuff is so frequently off schedule. I really hate they are moving it.

• tvjunkie says:

competition? there’s nothing worth watching in that time slot on any of the networks. maybe you’re referring to cable shows??

4. Man, these ratings are dreadful across the board. But even I, an avid TV fan, watch nothing live.

5. Bryce says:

Surprised I haven’t seen you guys report on Freeform’s premiere night, just as a comparison to if it was better or worse than average ABCF ratings.

6. GuessWhat says:

Not sure if I will continue with Shades of Blue.
    Ep 1 was ok. ep 2 bored me.
    Maybe I will give it one more week.

• Sally McLinn says:

I agree. And what was with the lie detector test? That just wasn’t suspenseful enough. This is an actor’s showcase.

• kirads09 says:

I thought last nights episode of Shades of Blue was really excellent. And I LOVED how they juxtaposed Woz first meeting with Harlee with the current lie detector. How he discovered her “tell”. I work evenings so don’t get the opportunity to watch much live any more. Just caught up with it on demand. I wonder if we are being set up to see Woz crack and really lose it with paranoia about his crew. I think so. Liotta is always compelling to me.

7. Gary says:

I’m not surprised Angel from hell slipped I gave up half way through episode 2 terrible characters and awful storylines

8. Joe says:

Angel looks like it might not last

9. Sally McLinn says:

This show depends on its two leads, because the story writing is just so-so.

10. Mr. Tran K says:

Looks like Angel From Hell won’t last that long and I’m not sure whether or not Life in Pieces is going to get renewed for a Season 2. As for The Blacklist, it’s still the best show that got me hooked on a Thursday night.

• Coach Taylor says:

I hope Angel from Hell gets renewed just in spite of you and I dont even watch the show, but agree with you re: Blacklist last two eps were great. Kind of disapointed though if we are back to the whole case of the week thing

• slowride says:

Ha ha ha so 2 Broke Girls can’t move back on Thursday !

• Mr. Tran K says:

Too early to tell whether Maggie Lawson is going to bounce back since her last series Back in the Game (ABC) got one season and done but she had an incredible run on Psych (USA Network) back then.

11. Jake L. says:

Bet ABC is counting the days until February 11.

12. Carm says:

Both the Blacklist and Elementary were so good last night!

13. John Thomas says:

I just tried to watch Episode 2 on U-Verse on demand, but it still only has episode one. – What’s up with that?