Exclusive

Scorpion Sneak Peek: Paige Makes Sweet Music — and Walter Joins Her

Here’s a crossover you probably didn’t expect: Scorpion and… Smash?

OK, so Monday’s episode of the CBS drama (9/8c) might not exactly be a performance of Bombshell, but the hour will feature Katharine McPhee singing — this time with co-star Elyes Gabel.

The Jan. 18 installment will find Team Scorpion traveling to Africa, when they start to suspect that a dictator intends to use a deadly World War II-era weapon of mass destruction.

But when their mission goes south — as it always does — Paige comes up with the perfect way to placate the political leader: serenading him with an Elton John/Kiki Dee ditty.

Press PLAY above for a sneak peek at Monday’s Scorpion, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Olivia says:

“I swear to god if you don’t get into this I’m gonna kill you myself”. And ta-dam! Magic! Well to be fair she seemed pretty serious, I would sing too haha.

I didn’t know he had such a nice singing voice. Happy and Toby’s faces omg :’)

2. Kat and Elyes singing. AHHH!! I need Monday to get here fast!!! So so excited!

3. Jess says:

This is awesome. I knew she could sing (duh!) but Elyes surprised me! I can’t wait!

4. wrstlgirl says:

OMG that is hilarious!! As ridiculous as this show is I just enjoy the heck out of it. All the characters are perfect.

5. JC says:

Also love Paige’s dress <3

Laughed at Toby's "oh god I should be recording this"!

6. gina. says:

adorables!

7. Maria says:

That is all kinds of adorable.

8. THIS IS THE BEST SNEAK PEEK EVER!!! XD Imagine Walter and Paige when they sing the harmony together!! (I hope they do!!) :) :) :) Can it be Monday already?!

9. Carol C says:

Fun ~ will watch for sure!

10. emy says:

excited for this episode!

11. smithren says:

Elyses is a musician. You can check him out on YouTube as Roughened Verse Elyes. This is the best preview EVER. I am definitely not going to miss this Monday’s episode.

12. Love this show, can’t wait for the episode!! Always a joy to hear Kat sing, such naturally beautiful voice, love her since Idol days

13. emy says:

Listened to this over & over; ahhhh, Kat is so good!

14. Charissa29 says:

I love her voice, so anytime they have her sing is a big Huzzah!

15. I kept hoping to see Walter and Paige sing together and now it’s going to come true! Surely the must sing together in real life. Anyone ever see anything elsewhere online? Love, love, love this show!

16. KD says:

This show is great, and I don’t even care about what’s on most of the time. But I have the dvr programmed for Scorpion on Monday. Best show on tv in my opinion, can’t wait to see this episode! Katharine is special in so many ways, love her, love the whole cast, it’s just a great show!

17. tsevca says:

Well, from this video, the singing felt to be done only to have her sing.

18. Mike says:

This show is so tortured plot wise. I watch it but have to scoff at the ridiculous plots. The most well rounded and believable character has turned out to be Sylvester. Who would of thunk.
    In this episode I cringed as Elyes Gabel sang. His voice was not good.